Windows 10: Black search box fixed, Windows 10

Discus and support Black search box fixed, Windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; I could not search after the latest update. I use small icons on the task bar. When I typed a search term in it just went black. Nothing on the posts... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Charles E. Mac Kay, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Black search box fixed, Windows 10

I could not search after the latest update.

I use small icons on the task bar. When I typed a search term in it just went black.

Nothing on the posts worked. I went into task bar properties and changed the small icons to large and search now works.

Does anyone else have the same problem and does this solution work?

:)

Charles E. Mac Kay, Feb 6, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 6, 2020
  3. JohnHeinz Win User
    Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Black search box fixed, Windows 10

Change search box settings windows 10

Is there any way to change the Windows search box, to right of address bar, settings for Windows 10? It no longer spell checks and no longer does a general word nor phrase search properly. The search results are always we could not find it. If the search
    box gives an extremely short list of suggestions, then when the suggestion is clicked the response is again, we could not find what you are looking for. Please give me details how to fix? Thanks in advance.

* Moved from IE10

ResaWillserve, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Black search box fixed, Windows 10

1. Black search box fixed, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Black search box

2. Black search box in explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black search box in explorer.exe: How to fix this?1. no, sfc /scannow and etc restore solution does not help.2. no, %appdata%/local/IconCache.db delete/restart of explorer through task manager and reboot do not help3. no, personalization/colors/dark or light mode do not helpAny ideas?...
  3. Black search box in explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black search box in explorer.exe: How to fix this?1. no, sfc /scannow and etc restore solution does not help.2. no, %appdata%/local/IconCache.db delete/restart of explorer through task manager and reboot do not help3. no, personalization/colors/dark or light mode do not helpAny ideas?...
  4. Windows 10 search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search box: Hi,I need help my lower left search bar is unusable, I tried clicking it and it will goes off after split second. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-box/fc553394-f1e0-4d8c-b2be-ed3347755fd9
  5. Windows 10 search box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 search box: Hi,I need help my lower left search bar is unusable, I tried clicking it and it will goes off after split second. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-box/fc553394-f1e0-4d8c-b2be-ed3347755fd9
  6. Black Search box

in Cortana
    Black Search box: Hi, when I try to search in the top box of Explorer, the text turns black and nothing is clear! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-search-box/88f815d4-d96f-4ef8-bb11-78715b57cf32
  7. Search covered by black box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search covered by black box: Hi! Suddenly today, for no apparent reason, my search is acting funny. No matter what I have to do with search, local or online, a black box has started to appear on it and I can no longer search from there. As you can see in theimage click on the word "image", for some...
  8. Black opaque box covering search

in Cortana
    Black opaque box covering search: Whenever I try to report this, it disappears, however I have managed to get it on Feedback Hub, although, unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't even look at feedback on there....
  9. Search bar appears as a black box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search bar appears as a black box: After I power on my laptop and log in, I would normally use the search function to pull up Steam or Instagram. Though recently I've noticed that when I type anything into the search bar, the box above it which should display the results is a black box. It does not show any...
  10. Black Search Box of Death

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Search Box of Death: Can anyone tell me how to make it go away permanently? It pops up at random times - nothing in it; no searchbar, menu, taskbar...nothing but a black box that covers nearly half my screen and won't go away. It's maddening when I'm typing away at something and hit 2 keys...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows search black box

2. w10 search box is black

3. search box is black

4. windows 10 search box black,
  5. search box in windows 10 showing black,
  6. windows 10 search box is black,
  7. searcg bar gives me a black box with no action,
  8. black box in search box windows 10,
  9. win 10 search box is black,
  10. windows 10 search option gives only a black box occasionally,
  11. Search box in windows 10 just black