Windows 10: Black Search Box of Death

Discus and support Black Search Box of Death in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me how to make it go away permanently? It pops up at random times - nothing in it; no searchbar, menu, taskbar...nothing but a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kd3906, Jan 30, 2020.

1. /u/kd3906 Win User

Black Search Box of Death

Can anyone tell me how to make it go away permanently? It pops up at random times - nothing in it; no searchbar, menu, taskbar...nothing but a black box that covers nearly half my screen and won't go away. It's maddening when I'm typing away at something and hit 2 keys simultaneously and boom! There it is. Any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/kd3906
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kd3906, Jan 30, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Black Search Box of Death

Search Box

Hi Aliya,

I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Right click on Start and select Control panel.
    • Find troubleshooting and click on it.
    • Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.
    I hope this information helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Black Search Box of Death

1. Black Search Box of Death - Similar Threads - Black Search Box

2. Black search box in explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black search box in explorer.exe: How to fix this?1. no, sfc /scannow and etc restore solution does not help.2. no, %appdata%/local/IconCache.db delete/restart of explorer through task manager and reboot do not help3. no, personalization/colors/dark or light mode do not helpAny ideas?...
  3. Black search box in explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black search box in explorer.exe: How to fix this?1. no, sfc /scannow and etc restore solution does not help.2. no, %appdata%/local/IconCache.db delete/restart of explorer through task manager and reboot do not help3. no, personalization/colors/dark or light mode do not helpAny ideas?...
  4. Black Search box

in Cortana
    Black Search box: Hi, when I try to search in the top box of Explorer, the text turns black and nothing is clear! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-search-box/88f815d4-d96f-4ef8-bb11-78715b57cf32
  5. Win10 search box starts blacked out...

in Cortana
    Win10 search box starts blacked out...: Hi, When selecting the search facility the box appears completely blacked out. If I click in the box the normal contents then appear. Once I enter a search word the results do not appear and the box returns to black, again if I click in the box the results then appear....
  6. Search covered by black box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search covered by black box: Hi! Suddenly today, for no apparent reason, my search is acting funny. No matter what I have to do with search, local or online, a black box has started to appear on it and I can no longer search from there. As you can see in theimage click on the word "image", for some...
  7. Black opaque box covering search

in Cortana
    Black opaque box covering search: Whenever I try to report this, it disappears, however I have managed to get it on Feedback Hub, although, unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't even look at feedback on there....
  8. A huge black box blocking my search results

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A huge black box blocking my search results: [ATTACH] Anyone has this issue? Sometimes that black box completely cover the search panel. It's annoying. submitted by /u/alvin_jian [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbtuuj/a_huge_black_box_blocking_my_search_results/
  9. Search bar appears as a black box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search bar appears as a black box: After I power on my laptop and log in, I would normally use the search function to pull up Steam or Instagram. Though recently I've noticed that when I type anything into the search bar, the box above it which should display the results is a black box. It does not show any...
  10. Black search box fixed, Windows 10

in Cortana
    Black search box fixed, Windows 10: I could not search after the latest update. I use small icons on the task bar. When I typed a search term in it just went black. Nothing on the posts worked. I went into task bar properties and changed the small icons to large and search now works. Does anyone else have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search box is black

2. windows search box is blannk

3. windows search box black screen

4. windows 10 search box black,
  5. blank black box pops up under search box,
  6. black search box windows 10,
  7. windows search box black