Windows 10: Black search window when I connect to my VM via RDP (Windows 10 1903)

Discus and support Black search window when I connect to my VM via RDP (Windows 10 1903) in Cortana to solve the problem; I have VM with Windows 10 1903 from MSDN. When I open PC via Console (VMware vShpere) I see everything in search window. When I connect to that VM via... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Teufel112, May 21, 2019.

1. Teufel112 Win User

Black search window when I connect to my VM via RDP (Windows 10 1903)

I have VM with Windows 10 1903 from MSDN.

When I open PC via Console (VMware vShpere) I see everything in search window. When I connect to that VM via RDP, Search window is black. Nothing is displayed.

How to fix it? Is it a bug? (Problem doesn't occur for older Win10 editions or WS 2019.

Black search window when I connect to my VM via RDP (Windows 10 1903) 2375575f-861b-4b42-bee0-71689d6a812f?upload=true.jpg

Black search window when I connect to my VM via RDP (Windows 10 1903) 3702c3fd-14f8-4827-aca9-710597f762c1?upload=true.jpg

:)

Teufel112, May 21, 2019
  2. EarthDog Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

When trying to search for a driver on that motherboard, it doesn't say Windows 10 on it. My suggestion would be to get a NIC card of some sort that is known to work with the OS (most).

EarthDog, May 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2019
  4. Rob Arone Win User

RDP Will no longer login to Windows 7 VM

I have a Windows 7 VM running an old application, because the application will not run on Windows 10. I have been RDP into it for months, and now it is giving me this error:

"Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords"

Here's my environment:

Windows 2008r2 DC

Windows 7 & 10 Pro PC's

VM is on Win10 Pro PC, Workgroup

Like I said, worked a month ago.

I attempted to RDP from Win7 Pro PC and received the same message. But the old RDP gives you more information, and I saw that I was trying to login with a domain user, instead of a local user. Changed the login to login as a local user and it connected right
    away.

I then tried to change the login on the Win10 PC to a local login and it still gives me the same error. Is the format of local login (Machinename\Username) different on the new RDP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob Arone, May 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Black search window when I connect to my VM via RDP (Windows 10 1903) - Similar Threads - Black search window

2. Cannot connect to Windows 10 Pro workstation via RDP over cellular connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Windows 10 Pro workstation via RDP over cellular connection?: Hey all -Another day, another bug that Microsoft likely won't address in their operating system. We have a user who's trying to connect to her work desktop over a cellular connection, tethered to her laptop since her fixed-line fiber internet is out for the day. Connecting...
  3. Cannot connect to Windows 10 Pro workstation via RDP over cellular connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to Windows 10 Pro workstation via RDP over cellular connection?: Hey all -Another day, another bug that Microsoft likely won't address in their operating system. We have a user who's trying to connect to her work desktop over a cellular connection, tethered to her laptop since her fixed-line fiber internet is out for the day. Connecting...
  4. Windows 10 21H1 RDP to Windows 2019 10.0.17763 VM - screen black and unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 21H1 RDP to Windows 2019 10.0.17763 VM - screen black and unresponsive: These are the Event Viewer errors from Events\Applications and Service Log\Microsoft\Windows\RemoteDesktopService-RdpCoreTS\Operational during recent RDP attempts from my workstation to the server. Similar errors as posted in similar question back from 2018.'Failed...
  5. Windows 10 BSOD When Connecting to RDP

Windows 10 BSOD When Connecting to RDP: Hi we have a client that is receiving a BSOD when attempting to connect to a RDP session it blue screens with the error apc index mismatch win32kfull.sys. We have attempted to do Windows updates and update drivers. The only driver we did not update was the intel management...
  6. Windows 1903 and newer RDP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 1903 and newer RDP: Did Microsoft make a change to RDP in Windows 1903 and newer? It looks like Microsoft made a major revision to the way UDP v2 works in regards to Remote Desktop. Does anyone know if there is a fix Update or patch for this? I'm also wondering if there is some kind of scanner...
  7. Cannot connect via RDP to VM after kb4512508

Cannot connect via RDP to VM after kb4512508: Hello, Recently I installed kb4512508 on a Windows 10 Pro. This machine is virtual machine on Hyper-V. After installing the update the machine has frozen. Connecting through RDP or console via Hyper-V was not possible anymore. I turned off the VM and restarted it through...
  8. DWM crashing intermittently when connected via RDP on windows 10

DWM crashing intermittently when connected via RDP on windows 10: I'm using a remote destop and DWM is crashing on remote machine, disconnecting the RDP session and wiping all the open windows, forcing me to start over when reconnecting to the machine. The machine itself is still operational and responsive. The DWM is a candidate culprit,...
  9. RDP connection to VM. Connects on console - user can't see it.

RDP connection to VM. Connects on console - user can't see it.: We have a windows 10 virtual desktop. We use Microsoft VMM and hyper-v. When a user attempts to connect to the VM, the connections keeps trying - shows Connecting to ... Securing remote connection. Bar keeps sliding on that screen. Meanwhile I can see their session...
  10. Connecting via RDP to a Windows 10 computer causes remote to freeze

Connecting via RDP to a Windows 10 computer causes remote to freeze: Hello, I have recently had the following issue: Connecting to a Windows 10 Pro computer via Remote Desktop causes that same remote computer to completely freeze up. RDP works fine for a couple of minutes before freezing up completely. Even local login on the computer is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 black search window

2. win 10 v 1903 search window on task bar

3. 1903 rdp black screen

4. search bar black in vm windows 10