Windows 10: Black squares are blocking out parts of text in windows 10 after factory reset

Discus and support Black squares are blocking out parts of text in windows 10 after factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop specs: I7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz GTX 1060 @ 6gb 16 GB ram... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arctic Jackal, May 6, 2019.

1. Black squares are blocking out parts of text in windows 10 after factory reset

My laptop specs: I7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz

GTX 1060 @ 6gb 16 GB ram

Windows 10 Home

Today I factory reseted my Windows 10 and since that I experience the following veeeery annoying problem:

When I open Mail or Security Dashboard and Notifications through Start Menu black squares keep appearing on screen each time and when I move the mouse over the text which obliterates items I am watching.

Black squares are blocking out parts of text in windows 10 after factory reset 421fa587-da74-44b7-a2a8-348513c5c76a?upload=true.jpg Black squares are blocking out parts of text in windows 10 after factory reset 9563a6f1-4e1a-4c29-8976-b210170a3c16?upload=true.jpg

Black squares are blocking out parts of text in windows 10 after factory reset 4e6b3e53-a386-416e-8600-3403d27c3815?upload=true.jpg

This strange 'phenomenon' only happens at this three area I mentioned. Yet.

I updated display drivers but after restart the problem still occurs and only in Mail, Security Dashboard and Notifications so I strongly believe this issue is rather Windows related.

I already ran sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. Result was all okay.

My problem still persists.

Please any advice - except display drivers update - would be very helpful.

:)

Arctic Jackal, May 6, 2019

2. Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 6, 2019
  3. Kenneth Mon, May 6, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

Black squares are blocking out parts of text in windows 10 after factory reset

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Black squares are blocking out parts of text in windows 10 after factory reset

1. Black squares are blocking out parts of text in windows 10 after factory reset - Similar Threads - Black squares are

2. Black screen after before/after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after before/after factory reset.: Hello,So i am having a black screen issue where i can see my cursor and see a pop up box in the bottom left that says NVIDIA Control Panel is not found click here to download from microsoft store. this all started from a simple restart, once it was booting up after restarting...
  3. Black screen after before/after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after before/after factory reset.: Hello,So i am having a black screen issue where i can see my cursor and see a pop up box in the bottom left that says NVIDIA Control Panel is not found click here to download from microsoft store. this all started from a simple restart, once it was booting up after restarting...
  4. Black screen after before/after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to fix black screen after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen after factory reset: When I factory reset my pc it does the normal and says to wait till it reaches 100% and it resets then it resets but it’s just a black screen but my computer is still on. I then held the power for 10 seconds till it shut off then i was back on the login screen but when i sign...
  6. Black screen after starting windows factory reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen after starting windows factory reset: So basically I wanted to reset my windows to factory as it kept occasionally crashing and I had other problems that I was told would be fixed if I reset it so that’s what I did and I set it to reinstall from my drive not from my cloud and I set it to clean my drive and the...
  7. Black text block

Black text block: So I have a new dell computer with Win 10 on it. There is a program that is downloaded that is a archery program that I use. On my old computer with Win 7 it worked fine on the new one not so much. There is a spot where I can enter my own info instead of accepting something...
  8. black squar

black squar: so I have this black square bottom left of my screen its not my monitor i reset all setting for it but its still here i have no idea what to do https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/712871459902586880/791937781575319562/image0.jpg...
  9. Black screen after trying to reset windows 10 to factory mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after trying to reset windows 10 to factory mode: I wanted to sell my laptop so I ran the reset on windows 10, it seemed to be doing ok. But the screen is all black now. When I turn on the computer, the windows logo shows up and I can hear Cortana trying to set the keyboard, language and internet connection but the screen is...
  10. Windows 10 - Stuck at Black Screen After Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Stuck at Black Screen After Factory Reset: So, earlier today I did a full reset of my PC. It's still fairly new but I wanted to clear everything off and start fresh. I was expecting it to take a few hours since I have 2TB but it's been about 16 now and it's still showing up as a black screen with my monitor saying "No...