Windows 10: Black sreen after update

Discus and support Black sreen after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was checking for downloads on W10, and it said my computer needed to restart...ok so I clicked restart now,...……..comp came back on and did the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LynnMcGrady, Jun 13, 2019 at 1:12 AM.

1. Black sreen after update

I was checking for downloads on W10, and it said my computer needed to restart...ok so I clicked restart now,...……..comp came back on and did the windows screen, my account, then black screen. I tried to restart 2x...same result...did ctrl-alt-delete, changed users to my wifes account, everything fine, says she updated no problems, both accounts on same desktop...****. so can someone explain to me why my accnt the one who did the download, got a black screen??? only message I get is the same....personalization failed to initialize...what did that download do? I have years of stuff I cannot access...…..ant help would be appreciated ty .

:)

2. Black sreen when logging in .

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what is the error message/code.

I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe Mode by following the steps provided in the link below:

How to start system in Safe Mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

(Applies to Windows 10)

After the system boots into Safe Mode with Networking, update the display drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the display driver and select
      update driver software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 13, 2019 at 1:13 AM
  3. Black sreen after update

w10 black sreen at start up for 2 minutes

every time I start w10 upgraded from w7 in my hp pavilion g6 notebook pc I get a black sreen after the window isappears for about one and a half minutes and the everything works fine..can anyone tell me how I can get rid of this????

thanks..

GerasimosMavrilas, Jun 13, 2019 at 1:13 AM
Thema:

Black sreen after update

1. Black sreen after update - Similar Threads - Black sreen update

2. Welcome sreen distorted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Welcome sreen distorted: After upgrading to version 1903, my welcome screen is distorted. Can anyone help solve this? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-sreen-distorted/f469fdc9-fa2b-403c-877e-d5464fc7b17c
  3. After update, Blank black screen!

After update, Blank black screen!: First let me say I don't know to much about computers, please bare with me! I have a laptop HP-15-ba051 windows 10. I don't know much but I do know it's only a year & a half old and barely ever been used. Then last week I went to use it but it was updating so I waited...……....
  4. Black screen issues after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen issues after updates: So far EVERY update in the last 2 years to Windows 10 has created a black screen event on my desktop where nothing but a black screen is visible after doing the restart. This ONLY happens after updates and EVERY update. I did a reformat only 6months tops ago because that lot...
  5. Black screen after latest update

Black screen after latest update: After i install the latest update. It was fine but next time i open my pc i got black screen and a window pop up saying personalize setting not responding please help....
  6. Desktop is black after October updating

Desktop is black after October updating: After updating in October 2018 my desktop running Windows 10 get black when i sign in. I only can move a mouse pointer around the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-is-black-after-october-updating/a7064df3-399c-4a94-add2-19b7a9833ba6
  7. Black screen after April Update

Black screen after April Update: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3451 laptop with Intel Celeron N2840 processor, I have updated the drivers, a Toshiba HDD, and Windows Update Assistant says my laptop is compatible with the update. Each time i try to upgrade to the April update, my laptop works for a few seconds...
  8. Black screen after windows update

Black screen after windows update: Hello everyone so i updated windows 10 to KB4340917 OS build 17134.191 and now I'm on my way to the windows startup finishes NVidia graphics card and now my screen is black and I have not got it yet. Please, guys if any of you know how to fix this problem please help me! If...
  9. Screen black after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen black after update: So I updated my laptop last night and after the update was finished, it booted up and I logged in and after a couple of minutes my screen went completely black and it doesn't come on. I held down the power button to turn it off and booted up again and still nothing. The...
  10. Black Screen After Recent Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black Screen After Recent Update: I recently updated my Windows 10 and the result has been completely annoying for two reasons. 1). My cpu seems to be running in slow motion. I can tell there is a distinct lag between turning on my PC and getting to the login screen. Although this problem seems to be...