Windows 10: Black thick edges around search results

Discus and support Black thick edges around search results in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Love kumar Rajwani, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Black thick edges around search results

Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt features like settings & task manager in full screen. Whatever i search is not in full screen & thick black rectangles covering the edges of screen. see img. Help, i beg you. P.S.> Already tried installing & uninstalling the browser multiple times & i made sure that im doing this from its official site. PS2. already running it in maximisedproperties>run>max but no results.

search tab see img below Black thick edges around search results 558e7fb6-259c-4bee-ae3a-7ccd04d28598?upload=true.png when i open its options in new tab see img below Black thick edges around search results 9cd2872c-aa57-425c-8f63-e539f4eba399?upload=true.png Black thick edges around search results 7e457bb5-60d6-45cc-8a8a-99902bfc1b2d?upload=true.png

:)

Love kumar Rajwani, Jun 16, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Black thick edges around search results a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Black thick edges around search results

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Black thick edges around search results 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Black thick edges around search results

1. Black thick edges around search results - Similar Threads - Black thick edges

2. Windows search results are black Black text on black bacground

in Cortana
    Windows search results are black Black text on black bacground: I am a tech support representative for my company and I cannot figure out this issue, so I am turning to you with hopes that someone has encountered this before. If I try to search anything with windows search the background and results are totally...
  3. 1 pixel border around menus and thick borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    1 pixel border around menus and thick borders: Hey,I recently got a problem where my taskbar menus got a 1 pixel border, and the Windows Settings menu has a very thick border. Control Panel menus are even weirder than the Settings menu. I've fixed this temporarily repeatedly by switching to another preset Windows theme...
  4. Windows Search black outline around results

in Cortana
    Windows Search black outline around results: Yesterday I noticed that the top result when using Windows Search always has a black outline around it screenshot below. I don't have narrator or focus enabled. I think it was introduced in a very recent update because it didn't have that outline before and the search build...
  5. Black screen edges around TOR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen edges around TOR: Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt features like settings & task manager in full screen. Whatever i search is not in full screen & thick black rectangles covering...
  6. Thick Black screen covering edges of screen in TOR search tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thick Black screen covering edges of screen in TOR search tab: Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt features like settings & task manager in full screen. Whatever i search is not in full screen & thick black rectangles covering...
  7. Change search results to display "Edge Dev" instead of "Edge"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change search results to display "Edge Dev" instead of "Edge": I recently switched from chrome to edge dev, but I'm running into a little annoyance. Usually I launch chrome by hitting the windows button, typing "chrome" then hitting enter. When I try to type "edge" I get the default edge and not "edge dev". Is there a way to make "edge...
  8. Thick, white focus rectangle appearing around controls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thick, white focus rectangle appearing around controls: Hi, I don't know when it started, but it's most visible when I'm activating jump lists from the task bar: A thick, white focus rectangle appears around the left-most icon (Windows explorer for me). It's basically the issue described here:...
  9. Immersive search with a black border around it

in Cortana
    Immersive search with a black border around it: I've enabled immersive search via regedit, but it have a weird black border around it, did I do something wrong or is it the problem of 1809. I'm able to make it function normally in a previous version of windows 10. [ATTACH]...
  10. Youtube search results and Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube search results and Edge Browser: Has anybody else experienced this? It only happens when I'm logged in, when I'm not search results are normal. [img] [img] 94111