Windows 10: Black video screen upon opening and then my system freezes

Discus and support Black video screen upon opening and then my system freezes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I try to play a video from my computer it opens it up but the only thing that is being displayed is a black screen. I can still head the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alexaz123455, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Black video screen upon opening and then my system freezes

Whenever I try to play a video from my computer it opens it up but the only thing that is being displayed is a black screen. I can still head the audio but there is no video. Then, once I try closing the window my system freezes and I cannot open anything else up until the video closes after a few seconds and even then for a few seconds after my system becomes hung up and everything goes back to normal a bit later. The problem only started a couple of days ago and it's become quite annoying since I cannot play back any videos from my system. Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

Alexaz123455, Sep 26, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 26, 2022
  3. PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Black video screen upon opening and then my system freezes

Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Black video screen upon opening and then my system freezes

1. Black video screen upon opening and then my system freezes - Similar Threads - Black video screen

2. Black video screen upon opening and then my system freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black video screen upon opening and then my system freezes: Whenever I try to play a video from my computer it opens it up but the only thing that is being displayed is a black screen. I can still head the audio but there is no video. Then, once I try closing the window my system freezes and I cannot open anything else up until the...
  3. Black video screen upon opening and then my system freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black video screen upon opening and then my system freezes: Whenever I try to play a video from my computer it opens it up but the only thing that is being displayed is a black screen. I can still head the audio but there is no video. Then, once I try closing the window my system freezes and I cannot open anything else up until the...
  4. sudden black screen ,blue screen, system freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sudden black screen ,blue screen, system freezing: HiI get random black screens but mostly while I renderingsometimes even just on desktop, a lot of blue screens while rendering on maya and vray, system freezingsthe temps are very good,the problem seems to be a software problem, because i replaced all the parts with no...
  5. sudden black screen ,blue screen, system freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sudden black screen ,blue screen, system freezing: HiI get random black screens but mostly while I renderingsometimes even just on desktop, a lot of blue screens while rendering on maya and vray, system freezingsthe temps are very good,the problem seems to be a software problem, because i replaced all the parts with no...
  6. sudden black screen ,blue screen, system freezing

7. BLACK SCREEN BRIEFLY UPON STARTUP

BLACK SCREEN BRIEFLY UPON STARTUP: The last few times I have booted up my computer it has taken longer than usual. A black screen appears for about 8 seconds before it successfully boots. I have an SSD drive, so it normally boots very rapidly. I had run Powershell chkdsk /x /f /r and boot up was fine afterward...
  8. video tdr failure, and black screens freezes.

video tdr failure, and black screens freezes.: Hello computer whisperes of tenforums. I suspect my graphics card is at the end of its life, as bluescreens suddenly started happening about a week ago. It primarily happens when watching youtube (i haven't crashed when playing demanding games, oddly enough). Sometimes it...
  9. Black screen upon starting

Black screen upon starting: Hi people, i updated my laptop with recent update 1903, it was working fine until today. Its battery depleted completely today and after a while i put it on charging. But when i tried to start it, it just became black screen with nothing and caps lock key blinking...
  10. Black screen upon opening my laptop lid.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen upon opening my laptop lid.: Now as the name suggests, when I open my laptop lid after closing it, my screen is black. I've seen multiple solutions, most of which incorporate the use of ACPI Lid Power Management. When I attempt to change my ACPI Lid settings, I see no available tabs for power management,...