Windows 10: black volume indicator on top left screen

Discus and support black volume indicator on top left screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Laptop Acer Spin SP515-51N, Windows10 Home 64-bit V.1803 17134.441. Since about 1 week I got a black volume indicator on the upper left corner of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SpeedySix516, Nov 29, 2018.

1. black volume indicator on top left screen

Laptop Acer Spin SP515-51N, Windows10 Home 64-bit V.1803 17134.441.

Since about 1 week I got a black volume indicator on the upper left corner of my screen. It shows up from the start and minimises the volume permanently to 0. The indicator ist manually movable but even during this time tries to minimise permanently. If I pull the volume up sound is hearable, so speakers actually work. Goes as well for headphones.

I re-installed Windows, updated BIOS and audio-drivers. Even with a clean boot the indicator stays, so probably a Windows problem somewhere. Who can help?

:)

SpeedySix516, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Quigster Win User

Volume indicator upper left of screen

Howdy, new here and my first post. I just upgraded from Windows 7 64-bit to Windows 10 Home. Install went smooth but I am noticing something undesired. Whenever I adjust my volume, a vertical bar appears in the upper left of my screen indicating the volume level. It looks like this:

black volume indicator on top left screen [​IMG]

The box is immovable, but only lasts for 5 seconds (I adjusted the length of display to the minimum time allowed). My personal preference is to either move the bar or disable it; I find the location rather bothersome. However, I cannot seem to find any method to relocated the bar or disable it. Anyone have any experience with this, or suggestions?

Quigster, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Volume indicator upper left of screen

Hello Quigster Welcome to the Ten Forums!

The solution I found here was quite simple having a volume control right on the keyboard that adjusts the sound level rather then the need to open up either the Creative Audio Console Launcher or the silder control hidden from view in the System notification area.

How's this one for comparsion to your's? The problem is it simply won't stay onscreen long enough to even try moving it around while never a problem to begin with when opting to use the volume knob on the keyboard used here. Azio Levetron L70 LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard (KB501)

I wouldn't know of any other way to prevent that without a direct intervention in the System Registry itself which wouldn't be advised! The lengthy tabs springing out from the lower right side of the screen can actually be more of annoyance you simply have to live with in 10 then something that flashes for only a few seconds at the most.

The only other alternative besides having a keyboard like that is simply pinning a shortcut to either the onboard sound's or sound card's app where that has a sound mixer with volume control. You would need to open that and then close it yourself rather then simply seeing the slider control vanish in seconds on it's own. I did that here with the Creative Entertainment Audio Console Launcher seeing it pinned on the main taskbar

Night Hawk, Nov 29, 2018
  4. BlueluPDX Win User

black volume indicator on top left screen

volume meter overlaid at top left of screen; volume stuck at 100%

This has been going on since an August Windows 8 patch. I installed Windows 10 hoping it would fix it, but it has not.

I am running a Lenovo Yoga.

I have a little blue bar inside a black box on the upper left corner of the screen, on top of all other screens. This means, for example, that icons for Outlook, Word, you name it, are covered up if they happen to be in that corner.

The little box, which I am thinking is a volume meter, appears to be connected to the audio volume. It always shows 100%, as does the sound (the little icon that looks like a speaker on the system tray). If I try to adjust the sound to a lower level, it
    puts itself back at 100%. That would be almost OK, because I could just never listen to any audio. But it's not OK that the volume meter at the top left stays on top of everything else.

At one point, in Windows 8, I managed to uninstall the Conexant program, which made the little box go away.

In Windows 10, I can uninstall Conexant, but the little box doesn't go away, and the next time I reboot Conexant has re-installed itself.

I'm about to turn this box into a doorstop.

What IS this annoying little black box, and how can I make it go away?

BlueluPDX, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

black volume indicator on top left screen

1. black volume indicator on top left screen - Similar Threads - black volume indicator

2. Volume bar stuck on the top left of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume bar stuck on the top left of screen: Volume bar stuck on the top left of screenRunning Windows 10.This problem has been there for a while.Not there all of the time.Already tried to update sound drivers; disconnect keyboard; run troubleshooter.Thanks....
  3. Volume bar stuck on the top left of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume bar stuck on the top left of screen: Volume bar stuck on the top left of screenRunning Windows 10.This problem has been there for a while.Not there all of the time.Already tried to update sound drivers; disconnect keyboard; run troubleshooter.Thanks....
  4. Volume bar stuck on the top left of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Top left volume bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Top left volume bar: how to remove this annoying volume bar, remove this featureIt appears at top left corner of my screenIt always automatically turns off then turn on the sound and audio when I press some keys like ctrl and F9, it also turns off and turns on the sound...
  6. Top left volume bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Top left volume bar: how to remove this annoying volume bar, remove this featureIt appears at top left corner of my screenIt always automatically turns off then turn on the sound and audio when I press some keys like ctrl and F9, it also turns off and turns on the sound...
  7. Top left volume bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Volume meter at top-left of screen stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume meter at top-left of screen stuck: So I have a A4 4Channel audio mixer and i have it connected to my computer via usb. But when ever i plug it in my volume adjuster at top left of screen keeps appearing and getting stuck, I can still adjust audio and the meter changes with it but it wont go away still....
  9. Volume and brightness bar on top left of screen missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume and brightness bar on top left of screen missing: Normally, whenever I adjust the brightness or volume on my laptop, a bar indicating the volume or brightness level appears in the top left. Just today the bar in the top left no longer appears when adjusting volume or brightness. Can someone pls help so that the bar appears...
  10. Volume indicator upper left of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Volume indicator upper left of screen: Howdy, new here and my first post. I just upgraded from Windows 7 64-bit to Windows 10 Home. Install went smooth but I am noticing something undesired. Whenever I adjust my volume, a vertical bar appears in the upper left of my screen indicating the volume level. It looks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. volume indicator left side of desktop

2. black volume indicator in Windows 10