Windows 10: Black & White screen from sleep mode

Discus and support Black & White screen from sleep mode in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Don't know if this is the correct place or not but here goes......I have 2 almost identical HP P6 desktop pc's 2400t/2420t bought new in 2013 both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by munk1955, Oct 22, 2016.

1. munk1955 Win User

Black & White screen from sleep mode

Don't know if this is the correct place or not but here goes......I have 2 almost identical HP P6 desktop pc's 2400t/2420t bought new in 2013 both running Win10 Home and one of them is giving me a black & white screen instead of the regular color when I bring it out of sleep mode.......Everything is normal on the screen its just in black & white.

And all I do to fix it is restart it and it comes back to color as normal everytime......This started happening about 3 months ago and it does it about once in every 8 or 10 times I bring it out of sleep mode.

And just to let everybody know this pc is hooked up to my 55" Vizio 4K smart tv which is 1 year old.

The other pc has never done it ever and the one that does it has a Nvidia/GF GT 620 1GB card with 12 gb of memory......Let me know anybodys thought on this!

:)

munk1955, Oct 22, 2016
  2. Learchen Win User

Windows 10 Creation update sleep mode problem

I installed the Creation update for my laptop last month. Since then, whenever the system goes to sleep mode and turn I it on again, the screen is black or, more frequently, a mostly black-and-white pixel mush. I can see the cursor location as it is shown
    on the screen as a big square, but nothing else.

The only way so far, to make the screen work again, is to do a hard restart.

I have now disabled the sleep mode but i would like a better solution for this.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

Learchen, Oct 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 PC Won't turn on after Sleep Mode

These past two dies, oddly after I updated my Dell PC to Windows 10, would not turn on after going to Sleep Mode. This final time that I attempted to turn on from Sleep Mode, I (blindly b/c the screen was black) logged in to my computer using my Pin as I
    usually do an the screen went white with black lines and when I moved my mouse, a grey bow followed where it was supposed to be. This weird screen went on and off until I force shut the computer down. I can still force shut down, restart, and or turn the computer
    on, but it's the sleep mode that is utterly "broken".

How can this get fixed?

MarissaBeltran, Oct 22, 2016
Thema:

Black & White screen from sleep mode

1. Black & White screen from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Black White screen

2. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...
  3. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...
  4. Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode: My laptop hasn't been working since yesterday. I restarted the device for updates and I have been waiting for it to get done. I've tried to turn it off and on so many times but still doesn't work. Please help....
  5. how to change my screen from black mode to white

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change my screen from black mode to white: how to change my screen from black mode to white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-screen-from-black-mode-to-white/d1dd6f68-2274-496e-9f10-d1722a78e253
  6. Black Screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after sleep mode: Hi, I need help course my screen stays black after boot but I hear a beep, if I plug in my power supply. I set my pc in screen of mode and sleep. After 15 min I came back and could do anything with it, so I rebooted it. After the reboot it stays at a black screen but I can...
  7. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after sleep mode: Hello. I updated windows last Saturday 19th September 2020 and after leaving it in sleep mode it doesn't work anymore. The computer is running, but the screen is black. I have already tried to press ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work. When I force it to shut down by...
  8. Kiosk mode shows white screen after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kiosk mode shows white screen after waking up from sleep: I have a kiosk using assigned access that’s been operating for approx 2 months without any issues until this week. About three days ago it started to show a blank white screen after waking the computer from sleep. I’m at a bit of a loss as too what happened as it was running...
  9. Black screen when coming back from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen when coming back from sleep mode: I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 and the last two days I've had issues when coming back to the laptop after closing the lid and putting it into sleep mode. When I reopen the lid and press a button on the keyboard everything lights up like normal and starts running- except the...
  10. White screen with vertical lines after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    White screen with vertical lines after sleep mode: Hi all! I was literally arguing with one of Xidax's technicians recently about some sort of weird screen error I was getting when my laptop woke from sleep. Image attached. (White screen with vertical lines and the cursor turns into a white block). I gave them a...