Windows 10: black window on desktop

Discus and support black window on desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i'm getting a black window with white top just like title bar. the screen has been attached. unable to remove it. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mohitv77, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Mohitv77 Win User

black window on desktop

i'm getting a black window with white top just like title bar. the screen has been attached. unable to remove it.

black window on desktop d75d1f24-5c8c-403b-b07f-327f50228d5e?upload=true.jpg

:)

Mohitv77, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 25, 2021
  4. black window on desktop

Marivel Man, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

black window on desktop

1. black window on desktop - Similar Threads - black window desktop

2. black desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black desktop: This happened after I restart the pc, it just black screen, I still can see my cursor but the background was black. I opened the task manger ctrl+shift+esc and I tried to open several app and apparently, I still have acces to the apps. I tried sfc /scannow and it said find a...
  3. black desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black desktop: This happened after I restart the pc, it just black screen, I still can see my cursor but the background was black. I opened the task manger ctrl+shift+esc and I tried to open several app and apparently, I still have acces to the apps. I tried sfc /scannow and it said find a...
  4. black desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Black desktop Icons: Been fighting this problem for a while now and tried everything I could find. Today I came here and found a file to restore the shortcut icon arrow and now all is fine, so far. My question is who at MS thought that a shortcut arrow was a good idea? Also, has anybody tried to...
  6. Black Window on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Window on my Desktop: Hey everyone! So a few days ago I noticed a small thing on my desktop. I thought it would go away in time, but it never did. Until today I tried messing around with it and it turns out I can expand it. It is all black on the inside and I can see no way to close it. As you can...
  7. Black resizable window on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black resizable window on desktop: I have this strange line/window on the desktop of my new Win10 PC. I've just installed the OS and all drivers with no other things inside. How can I remove it? https://youtu.be/KZJfKU3XvAk submitted by /u/VGR95r [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows desktop turns black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows desktop turns black: Hi, I'm re asking this question because the previous one I posted didn't get a response, my desktop background keeps going black, when I hover over an icon it turns black, or sometimes the whole thing goes black, in the past this has only happened one or two times randomly...
  9. Black Fonts on desktop

Black Fonts on desktop: We just purchased a dell laptop at my workplace and i noticed that the font, below desktop icons is clean black..i thought it was the bright orange wallpaper sooo i tried the orange one on my laptop and my tower pc but the font wont change from white shadowed to black...tried...
  10. Black desktop

Black desktop: [ATTACH] Why does my desktop become black when I do some things?? it seems to go back to normal when nothing's running but as soon as I have a window open and wait a few minutes and then hover over dekstop icons, the background start becoming black and if i move an icon...