Windows 10: Blackberry Link not working with Windows 10

Discus and support Blackberry Link not working with Windows 10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have purchased a laptop with Windows 10, installed Office 2003 (too old to learn a new package and too mean to pay a yearly fee for MS Office 365),... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by pej26, Jul 4, 2019.

1. pej26 Win User

Blackberry Link not working with Windows 10

I have purchased a laptop with Windows 10, installed Office 2003 (too old to learn a new package and too mean to pay a yearly fee for MS Office 365), removed Office 365. Outlook 2003 working well. Imported Contacts via a .pst file. I am trying to use Blackberry Link to transfer calendar etc to Outlook 2003 on my new Windows 10 computer. Have installed and reinstalled the software twice, it is a bit slow compared to how it worked on Windows 7, but eventually, it links up and appears to do exactly what I have been doing for many years on my old laptop, ie synchronising contacts and calendar. But nothing happens. Calendar not brought across and amendment to a contact not updated on the laptop. Does anyone know if Blackberry Link works with Windows 10 please?

:)

pej26, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Blackberry Link

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    2. Do you get any error code or error message?

This issue could occur if the software is not compatible with Windows 10 or due to corrupted installed files, you can try the methods and check if it works for you.

Method 1: Run software in compatible mode.

If the software is not running due to incompatibility you can

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows
    and check if this helps.

Method 2: Rename iTunesPrefs file.

If iTunes is installed on your system and your Blackberry link is associated with iTunes, you can try the steps below.

After renaming the iTunesPrefs.xml file, iTunes might have adverse effect on its functionality or stop working, please proceed with the steps below at your own risk.

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Click on View from the toolbar and check
      Hidden Items from the ribbon.
    3. Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computers\iTunes\
    4. Rename the iTunesPrefs.xml file to
      iTunesPrefs.old.
    5. Start Blackberry link and check.
    6. If it still didn’t work, undo the changes.

Method 3: Uninstall and Reinstall the App.

1. I suggest you
      uninstall the software
      (applicable for Windows 10).
    2. Download the updated software from the manufacturer website and reinstall it.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Blackberry Link

Blackberry Link software for connecting Blackberry phone to PC stopped working after the installation of Windows 10 Fall Update. How to fix?

GirishKumar2912, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Blackberry Link not working with Windows 10

Blackberry Link

Blackberry
    Link
    software for connecting Blackberry phone to PC stopped working after the installation of Windows 10 Fall Update. How to fix?

ChakravarthiDiaz, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Blackberry Link not working with Windows 10

1. Blackberry Link not working with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Blackberry Link working

2. link to windows not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    link to windows not working: I used this app a lot and then it suddenly started saying it wouldn't connect and giving me the error code with the icecream! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-to-windows-not-working/757a7329-15c6-44b4-89a3-1242bb9ca596
  3. link to windows not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    link to windows not working: I used this app a lot and then it suddenly started saying it wouldn't connect and giving me the error code with the icecream! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-to-windows-not-working/757a7329-15c6-44b4-89a3-1242bb9ca596
  4. link to windows not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    link to windows not working: link to windows not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-to-windows-not-working/8dd28f0d-c5ff-4b78-980a-0aeeb35831b3
  5. link to windows not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    link to windows not working: link to windows not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-to-windows-not-working/8dd28f0d-c5ff-4b78-980a-0aeeb35831b3
  6. Mounting Volumes for the Blackberry Playbook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mounting Volumes for the Blackberry Playbook: I have used a Blackberry Playbook for years to watch videos at the gym. Some time ago, following a Windows 10 update, I was no longer able to access/mount the internal volumes. As such, I can no longer transfer videos from my computer to my playbook. I have tried all...
  7. Blackberry Link

Blackberry Link: Blackberry Link software for connecting Blackberry phone to PC stopped working after the installation of Windows 10 Fall Update. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blackberry-link/72aaac1e-91bd-47e3-bc76-ac0faf10468c
  8. Windows 10 and USB device problem (TomTom & BlackBerry)

Windows 10 and USB device problem (TomTom & BlackBerry): Hi all. I have a problem with two USB devices (BlackBerry Q10 and TomTom GO 5000) which previously worked with Windows 10 but have stopped working. Both use their own software and drivers and both appear as Network Adaptors in Device Manager when I connect them. Device...
  9. Blackberry Q10 wifi Hotspot Hidden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blackberry Q10 wifi Hotspot Hidden: I just recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 (clean install) to see what it has to offer, and so far everything works fine. Except last evening during a class I teach I needed a wifi connection so I enabled the Hotspot feature my BB Q10. But its broadcast SSID was not...
  10. Windows 10 and USB Network Adaptor problem (TomTom & BlackBerry)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and USB Network Adaptor problem (TomTom & BlackBerry): Hi all. I have a problem with two USB devices (BlackBerry Q10 and TomTom GO 5000) which previously worked with Windows 10 but have stopped working. Both use their own software and drivers and both appear as Network Adaptors in Device Manager when I connect them. Device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blackberry link not working on windows 10