Windows 10: Blackboard Collaborate software doesn't launch from associated files

Discus and support Blackboard Collaborate software doesn't launch from associated files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I have been using blackboard collaborate software for over a year now, and the associated files always launched the software. But now today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SirChick, Feb 8, 2017.

1. SirChick Win User

Blackboard Collaborate software doesn't launch from associated files

Hello

I have been using blackboard collaborate software for over a year now, and the associated files always launched the software. But now today when i click them the mouse shows a loading icon but then the software never loads - like as if it just gets cancelled or something.

I went through their troubleshooting guide, re-installed, cleared the software cache. None of this works, so i feel like its something to do with windows ten, not the software - but i have no idea what things i can do to test beyond what i have already tried.

All my other software launches except this one, and this one is pretty important software that i absolutely need to get working as soon as possible.

:)

SirChick, Feb 8, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

media player issues

That isn't a media file. It's used by a web conferencing app called Blackboard Collaborate.

BulldogXX, Feb 8, 2017
  3. Hi, I have windows 10 and I can't install .msi files?

I have the same problem with Pokemon TCGO, Virtual Box, and Blackboard Collaborate.

The error message is: An error occurred while attempting to create the directory: C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData

Hope you can help soon! Oh and Blackboard Collaborate is important because I use it to join my school online classes.

Oscar Hurst, Feb 8, 2017
  4. Blackboard Collaborate software doesn't launch from associated files

Any chance your device uses Nvidia video drivers. If so read on.

Please look through your Windows Update and see if any Nvidia Video drivers were updated or did you update?

First item on their FAQ's.

Behind the Blackboard

If so roll back driver and tell Windows to stop updating drivers.

Windows + R keys
    Enter Sysdm.cpl
    Click on Hardware tab
    Click on Device Installation Settings
    Click on No
    A menu appears (first time) click Never Install driver software.
    You may get a warning. Click the option that says I’ll take care of it (not exact words)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 8, 2017
  5. SirChick Win User
    Thanks for the reply, but it is already set to no. My drivers are updated via Geforce software. How do i roll back nvidia drivers?

EDIT: just noticed they offered a hot fix patch so i installed that and it now works. Thank you for that link ! *Smile

SirChick, Feb 8, 2017
  6. The way I roll back is device manager, display adapter, properties, Driver tab.

I would confirm first that Nvidia has not provided method in their software. I have older device and I did not see.

I would also create a restore and know that I had bootable media just in case.

Does your driver match that notice in FAQ's?

Caledon Ken, Feb 8, 2017
  7. SirChick Win User
    The article you linked provided a hotfix from nvidia, which solved it *Smile

SirChick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Blackboard Collaborate software doesn't launch from associated files

1. Blackboard Collaborate software doesn't launch from associated files - Similar Threads - Blackboard Collaborate software

2. Can't launch troubleshooter because the file is not associated with an app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch troubleshooter because the file is not associated with an app.: Whenever I'm trying to launch some troubleshooters on my pc it says that the file is no associated with an app. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-launch-troubleshooter-because-the-file-is-not/70c04100-c039-40ee-98ec-d998934dd30a
  3. Can't launch troubleshooter because the file is not associated with an app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't launch troubleshooter because the file is not associated with an app.: Whenever I'm trying to launch some troubleshooters on my pc it says that the file is no associated with an app. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-launch-troubleshooter-because-the-file-is-not/70c04100-c039-40ee-98ec-d998934dd30a
  4. When opening files not launching associated program if it was downloaded from the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When opening files not launching associated program if it was downloaded from the internet.: This started a week or two ago. Nothing but windows updates and normal user activities have been performed on this system. When Opening files are not launching the associated program if it was downloaded from the internet. Though if the "Blocked" flag has been turned off or...
  5. When opening files not launching associated program if it was downloaded from the internet.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When opening files not launching associated program if it was downloaded from the internet.: This started a week or two ago. Nothing but windows updates and normal user activities have been performed on this system. When Opening files are not launching the associated program if it was downloaded from the internet. Though if the "Blocked" flag has been turned off or...
  6. When opening files not launching associated program if it was downloaded from the internet.

7. LAUNCH SOFTWARE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAUNCH SOFTWARE: Where is the launch software to be found for my Flight simulator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/launch-software/8badeb90-cb31-4e4a-b2da-a93da62bef80
  8. LAUNCH SOFTWARE

LAUNCH SOFTWARE: Where is the launch software to be found for my Flight simulator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/launch-software/8badeb90-cb31-4e4a-b2da-a93da62bef80
  9. Cannot associate DXF files with my CAD software

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot associate DXF files with my CAD software: I want to associate DXF files with TurboCAD 20. In the file association by extension Windows 10 will only allow me to choose a program from the App Store. Why can't I associate this CAD format with my CAD software? I should be able to associate any file type with any program...
  10. File type associations not launching the program in the list

File type associations not launching the program in the list: This problem has just started on several machines since 8/20/2016. On Windows 10 Pro computers, the program associated with a file type extension will not launch correctly anymore even though the correct program is listed as associated with that file type. I have seen two...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blackboard collaborate launchera network error occurred while attempting to read from the file