Windows 10: Blacklist stolen laptop

Discus and support Blacklist stolen laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, when someone connects to Microsoft using a Microsoft account, the information about the device gets somehow scanned and shows in the different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by alexcano, Feb 3, 2019.

1. alexcano Win User

Blacklist stolen laptop

Hi,

when someone connects to Microsoft using a Microsoft account, the information about the device gets somehow scanned and shows in the different devices that appear connected to that account. This info includes hardware characteristics incluiding the Serial number of the device, which makes it unique (see screenshot)

Blacklist stolen laptop 6b66e076-575a-400a-b52b-54688811cf88?upload=true.png

This is one of the devices under my account, that was stolen some weeks ago. I used this serial number when I reported the robbery to the police. They commented that most likely they will re-sell it and format it.

The question is, could be this device be blacklisted by Microsoft? So, once they re-format it and reinstall Windows, if someone connects to Microsoft with another Microsoft Account, or activates a new Windows Key with this device (maybe unknowingly that this device is stolen) and Microsoft can identify it because they read the serial number, can automatically Microsoft blacklist it / inform the police? That way maybe would be possible to trace back to the stolen laptop via the information in the Microsoft account or in the IP.

Thanks,

Alex

:)

alexcano, Feb 3, 2019
  2. patruns Win User

my phone is blacklisted

The phone doesn't have to be stolen to be blacklisted. Another reason for blacklisting is if the IMEI number has been cloned. If it has, it's only a matter of time before it is blacklisted in other areas.

patruns, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Can you use a Barred/Blacklisted Phone in the US or abroad?

Use google.

If it's blacklisted then it's been stolen and this forum isn't here to aid crime. It's also illegal under UK law to knowingly sell a black listed phone.

psychomania---01, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Ar Rom Win User

Blacklist stolen laptop

Stolen Laptop

Hi Tara,

Since this is regarding a stolen laptop, we suggest contacting the manufacturer of your device for better assistance.

Feel free to post back if you have other Windows concern.

Ar Rom, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Blacklist stolen laptop

1. Blacklist stolen laptop - Similar Threads - Blacklist stolen laptop

2. Laptop stolen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stolen: My laptop has been stolen and there Is one problem when I opened Microsoft account and clicked on find my device in another laptop and I can see the 0% battery and my laptop name is Dell Inspiron i5 8gb 256 internal memory So kindly help me to solve my problem And my mail id...
  3. Website blacklisted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Website blacklisted: We have a MOVEit Transfer website that is forcing people to verify every file they want to download because of Microsoft's Defender SmartScreen. We've been told our site has been blacklisted. I'm assuming this is because of the announced CVE vulnerabilities by Progress...
  4. Stolen laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stolen laptop: My laptop was stolen and I have been receiving single use codes. Is there a way to remotely find it. I have tried find my device to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-laptop/cec35530-89fc-4ede-b97d-c7899cd5150e
  5. Stolen Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stolen Laptop: I had an HP Omen 15 stolen from me a couple months ago. I have already filed a police report and done whatever I can to try and locate it. I have the serial number of the laptop. Is there any way that Microsoft can see the details of the laptop such as if it has been turned...
  6. Stolen Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stolen Laptop: My laptop has been stolent last week. How can I lock it or see where it is? Is there a way to find it? Thank you Ziya https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-laptop/1f3aed90-2583-4390-bd67-72425463f276
  7. Stolen laptop

Stolen laptop: Hi everyone, My laptop got stolen in Electronic city, Bangalore. Recently while tracking through my Microsoft account it is showing as Last found near Mumbai Null Bazar, Maharashtra We can’t locate your device right now. Please try back later. 0 % battery Can...
  8. Stolen laptop

Stolen laptop: I have my fiancee that past aways memories on this laptop that my son bought me before my fiancee died I want it bk and it's still in town I know Microsoft is doing the device lock but it won't cause no one has tried to open it I have signed out of my Google stuff and I'm...
  9. stolen laptop

stolen laptop: how can I track my hp notebook. Windows 10. Was stolen. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-laptop/313c08d1-a631-48af-a0fe-7ae344584463"
  10. Stolen Laptop

Stolen Laptop: I have had my laptop stolen, I have been tracking the device on the Microsoft page using find my laptop. I understand the laptop needs to be switched on and have a wifi signal to work. But if the thieves sell on and restore factory settings am I still able to track the...