Windows 10: Blackscreen after 1 min of AFK

Discus and support Blackscreen after 1 min of AFK in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My problem is when I'm AFK for around one minute, the computer goes into some kind of sleep mode ( although I have it disabled in power options and set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kuba67, May 6, 2017.

1. kuba67 Win User

Blackscreen after 1 min of AFK

My problem is when I'm AFK for around one minute, the computer goes into some kind of sleep mode ( although I have it disabled in power options and set screen-switch-off-after option to 30 min, and hard-drive-switch-off option set to after 300 min ) . It's easy to get out of this state, I just move a mouse / push some buttons. It doesn't occur when I watch a movie on youtube or in K-Lite Media Player, or in certain games ( ike Deus Ex Human Revolution, or Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor but it does occur when I play some other titles like The Witcher 3 or Skyrim ). It's annoying since I have to move my mouse everytime there is a longer dialog so I can't fully focus on the story. Afterwards the game is minimized and sometimes frozen. Any idea how to fix it?

I have sleep mode, automatic shutdown and hibernation disabled. My computer runs on maximum-performance option.

My rig:
    MoBo: ASRock H110M-HDV
    CPU: Intel Core I5 6500
    GPU: MSI RX 480 4GB
    RAM: GOODRAM 8GB DDR4 2133 MHz ( polish brand )
    SSD: GOODRAM 240 GB
    HDD: WD blue 1TB
    PSU: ThermalTake SE 530W

:)

kuba67, May 6, 2017

2. n73 blank screen when switching on

Nokia N73 Blackscreen problem

N73 work normal, and in one moment blackscreen on mob.. Light on keyboard is ON, but nothing work, cant shoot dow, cant weak up, cant doo nothing.

How to unblock for short time?

remove battery and put again, mob work normal mabey 1 min mabey 2 days and again blackscreen.

I make soft and hard reset, 2 x make flash bios, and blackscreen come again...

i find on google is problem with IC, name OMAP IC if someone know what is put solution for this..

(mobile is not wet, and not droped)

BokiCa---01, May 6, 2017
  3. keyboard

No the keyboard is spotless and I just came back to the PC hit E and file explorer opened I was afk for 20+ mins.

I think your right about the key combo's but I also cant disable the navigator is settings but it still stays active.

JustinDionne, May 6, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi kuba67,

Do you have an AV that has features to change things like the power options?
    As an example, Bitdefender has a feature 'profiles' with which it can change power options that may from time to time cause a few issues.

axe0, May 7, 2017
  5. kuba67 Win User
    I use Windows Defender. I hope it's enough to protect my desktop *Tongue Oh and it's independent of my monitor. Same issue occured when I used LG 23MP68VQ-P and ASUS VG245H. Both are with freesync though but the same issue happens when I turn off freesync in the monitor.

kuba67, May 8, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    2 questions
    - does the same occur with a different power plan
    - does the same occur with a local account or another user account?

axe0, May 9, 2017
  7. kuba67 Win User
    Changed to normal ( recommended ) power plan - same issue. I run on an admin account.

kuba67, May 9, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

I'm not really sure I understand what you mean, most users run on admin account.

axe0, May 9, 2017
  9. BradOZ Win User
    I have the same problem.
    Restarted my computer yesterday and Win10 did a bunch of updates. Now no matter what I do I get a 1 minute screen timeout. Ive checked all my power settings and nothing has changed. Ive tried changing them a bit and hitting save to see if that kicks it back in to place but no.

My Screen timeout is set to 30 minutes on power and 10 minutes on battery. I'm using High performance mode.

Trying to read something and keep having to login every minute. Really annoying.

BradOZ, May 11, 2017
  10. Eagle51 Win User
    Long shot, but have you guys checked your screen saver settings ?
    Note: Even if it's set to 'none' it might still be active. Pick any screen saver and set a time, see if it fixes the issue.

Eagle51, May 11, 2017
  11. BradOZ Win User
    I have no screen saver. My monitors turn off saying "no signal" and when I move the mouse I hear my computer waking up the HD and DVDR.

No power options are set to anything less than 20 minutes.

But I managed to fix it.

Click reset to default settings on all your power plans. Even if no settings are different from default. This worked for me.

BradOZ, May 12, 2017
  12. kuba67 Win User
    It could be the screensaver but Windows reinstallation fixed the issue as well *Biggrin*Biggrin
    I had to do it anyway, to restore original MBR ( I had had Linux and Windows installed on one machine )

kuba67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Blackscreen after 1 min of AFK - Similar Threads - Blackscreen min AFK

2. Blackscreen when running demanding games or benchmarks, 5 - 15 min after starting the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blackscreen when running demanding games or benchmarks, 5 - 15 min after starting the...: What: I keep getting blackscreens pc keeps running in the back, can hear sounds, but has to be force-shut down to work again after running demanding games or benchmarks after 5-15 min. Since when: The problem started appearing 1 month ago and very rarely happenend. but now it...
  3. Blackscreen when running demanding games or benchmarks, 5 - 15 min after starting the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen when running demanding games or benchmarks, 5 - 15 min after starting the...: What: I keep getting blackscreens pc keeps running in the back, can hear sounds, but has to be force-shut down to work again after running demanding games or benchmarks after 5-15 min. Since when: The problem started appearing 1 month ago and very rarely happenend. but now it...
  4. Windows 10 not going to idle discord not putting me as afk/screen not turning off after 1...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not going to idle discord not putting me as afk/screen not turning off after 1...: CPU: Intel i7-4770GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX580 8GBRAM: 4GBx4 16 GB DDR3-1600mhzMOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3SSD/HDD: Apacer 120GB SSD, Toshiba 1.8 TB HDDPSU: Thermaltake 750W Smart BX1Windows version: Windows 10 Home 21H1I have this problem for the past few months. I restart my PC and...
  5. Blank screen after afk with autoclicker.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank screen after afk with autoclicker.: I left my laptop on overnight with an autoclicker set to 50 milliseconds, when I woke up the next day black squares and rectangles were on the screen and later the black shapes turned into a blank black screen even when I tryed to restart the laptop the same screen showed up....
  6. Computer slows down after being afk

Computer slows down after being afk: Hello,I'm having problems with my laptop lately, probably something to do with harddisk. 5 days ago my computer was slowed down really bad. I had a message like "fixing c: stage 1... " when I turned on my computer. This process took more than 1 hour.Now when I go afk for a...
  7. Black Screen for 1 min every startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen for 1 min every startup: I have had this issue for quite some time now and no matter where i check, i cannot find a solution to my problem. every time I start my PC, the MSI logo comes up, then disappears like normal, but then i have a black screen for approximately a minute before i can see my lock...
  8. Win 10 freezes in normal mode after about 1 min after login

Win 10 freezes in normal mode after about 1 min after login: I have 2 PC's Desktop and Laptop , laptop freezes after login desktop OK. I have disabled all startups and run spyware. Still freezes. What should I do?...
  9. Windows 10 “Locking” auto shutdown after 1 min

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 “Locking” auto shutdown after 1 min: Hi community and microsoft,i have a big problem. I turn on my computer,i login and after 1-2 min,my computer auto shutdown,but before that i get bluescreen “LOCKING” message.I turn on and after 1 min is happend the same thing.I try to create a short task for shutdown and to...
  10. Black Screen for 1 min every startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen for 1 min every startup: New PC (check my specs) that has a problem. From the first start up I always get a Black screen that lasts just over 1 minute. Then the screen starts with the Welcome Screen. Then everything is OK (some times - another post will follow). I have UEFI which I know nothing...