Windows 10: Blackscreen after installing docker ans wsl2 on windows

Discus and support Blackscreen after installing docker ans wsl2 on windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed docker and wsl And Ubuntu distro on it, after that it freezed and when i restart everything is super slow.I can only use cmd Does anybody... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ARN1380, Aug 16, 2022.

1. ARN1380 Win User

Blackscreen after installing docker ans wsl2 on windows

I installed docker and wsl And Ubuntu distro on it, after that it freezed and when i restart everything is super slow.I can only use cmd Does anybody knows what to do, im stuuuucked ...

:)

ARN1380, Aug 16, 2022

2. HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2

I have been having BSODs over the last 3 months or so with the error codes I provided in the title.

I use VSCode for coding along with Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Ubuntu 22. 04. on Windows.

I have attached the DxDiag and dump files from the Windows\Minidump folder in the Google Drive:
    Google Drive folder

NOTES:

• I updated everything to the latest (Graphics card, Motherboard [BIOS, Firmware...], Windows updates, Docker, Ubuntu... you name it).
    • I ran all the system scans and everything was clean (SSD [short, long], RAM, CPU, GPU, SFC, DISM...), multiple times.
    Someone please inspect the dump files and provide feedback and further instructions.

Delicious Bacon, Aug 16, 2022
  3. WSL2 - Upgrade / Installation

When trying to upgrade to wsl2 I get this error:

```

Conversion in progress, this may take a few minutes...

For information on key differences with WSL 2 please visit What is Windows Subsystem for Linux

The request is not supported.

```

When trying to install from scratch I get this error:

```

Installing, this may take a few minutes...

WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80070032 Error:

0x80070032 The request is not supported.

```

I have hyper-v, wsl, vm platform features enables and virtualization is also enabled in bios.

my windows version is: 21H2 OS Build 1904

Tried reinstalling a couple of times already, tried all available version of ubuntu (both from microsoft store and through wsl, available on wsl --list --online WSL1 is running properly but I need wsl2 to work with docker desktop

YossiShalumov, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Flaviu2 Win User

WSL2 for windows

I have failed into installing WSL for Windows. I have read here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../install-win10 how to do it, and at step 4:

1. Download the latest package:
      [COLOR=var(--text)][COLOR=var(--info-dark)] Note[/COLOR]
      If you're using an ARM64 machine, please download the ARM64 package instead. If you're not sure what kind of machine you have, open Command Prompt or PowerShell and enter: systeminfo | find "System Type".
      [/COLOR]
    2. Run the update package downloaded in the previous step. (Double-click to run - you will be prompted for elevated permissions, select ‘yes’ to approve this installation.)

I encountered:

Blackscreen after installing docker ans wsl2 on windows [​IMG]

and

What I did wrong ? I have the following W10 version:

Another question: am I in the the right forum ?

Flaviu2, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Blackscreen after installing docker ans wsl2 on windows - Similar Threads - Blackscreen installing docker

2. Blackscreen after installing docker ans wsl2 on windows

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blackscreen after installing docker ans wsl2 on windows: I installed docker and wsl And Ubuntu distro on it, after that it freezed and when i restart everything is super slow.I can only use cmd Does anybody knows what to do, im stuuuucked ......
  3. Blackscreen after installing docker ans wsl2 on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen after installing docker ans wsl2 on windows: I installed docker and wsl And Ubuntu distro on it, after that it freezed and when i restart everything is super slow.I can only use cmd Does anybody knows what to do, im stuuuucked ......
  4. Blackscreen after installing docker ans wsl2 on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blackscreen after installing docker ans wsl2 on windows

6. Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop: Up until a couple months ago I was able to use Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Kubernetes WITHOUT having a Linux distro on my dev system. During that 2 month period of time I did not do development of services in K8s and did not even start Docker Desktop.Now I am ready to...
  7. Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop

Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop: Up until a couple months ago I was able to use Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Kubernetes WITHOUT having a Linux distro on my dev system. During that 2 month period of time I did not do development of services in K8s and did not even start Docker Desktop.Now I am ready to...
  8. HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2

HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2: I have been having BSODs over the last 3 months or so with the error codes I provided in the title.I use VSCode for coding along with Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Ubuntu 22. 04. on Windows.I have attached the DxDiag and dump files from the Windows\Minidump folder in the...
  9. Docker on WSL2 Ubuntu 20.04

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Docker on WSL2 Ubuntu 20.04: How can I install docker? I tried $ sudo apt install docker.io Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Suggested packages: aufs-tools debootstrap docker-doc rinse zfs-fuse | zfsutils The following NEW packages will be...
  10. Accessing tftpd in wsl2 docker container

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing tftpd in wsl2 docker container: Problem: Connect to tftpd in Docker from WSL2. Client tftp is running inside wsl2 ubuntu Server is tftpd-hpa running inside docker for windows started from wsl2 ubuntu Windows firewall should be irrelevant, however it is also disabled completelty Summary: I can udp...