Windows 10: Blackscreen issue with windows 10

Discus and support Blackscreen issue with windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I encounterd a blackscreen upgrading my HP pavilion 17 to windows 10 a while ago. i suspect, but cannot be certain, that the issue was not there to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hep0nen, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Hep0nen Win User

Blackscreen issue with windows 10

I encounterd a blackscreen upgrading my HP pavilion 17 to windows 10 a while ago. i suspect, but cannot be certain, that the issue was not there to begin with, because I had read reviews about the problem and therefore kind of anticipated it. If it would have occurred right away after the update I would have noticed.
    Anyway, as i had the black screen I put the computer into power saving mode, once returning from it the computer worked normally. Somewhere along the bootup trouble I checked the screen with a flashlight, and there was an image, only the lights were off. Onwards, with advice from HP support I found out that booting the computer without the charger worked ok, albeit with a dim screen. Some musing on the problem and I found out that if you find your mouse cursor with a flashlight and turn your screen brightness from 100 to 0%, the screen returns to full brightness. from there on, 25, 50 etc the screen grows gradually dimmer until in 100% it turns completely black. Without the charger plugged in the same happens, but less pronounced, even with 100% brightness the screen doesn't turn completely black.
    So, the problem is that screen brightness settings are, for some reason, inverted.

:)

Hep0nen, Feb 19, 2016

2. Blackscreen issues in Windows 10

Original Title: Blackscreen

I have a surface pro 3, windows 10 64 bit version, when i was trying to access eui firmware by shifting and clicking restart, the computer started to update, the computer shut down, after wards i got a blackscreen without signing in every time i turn it
    on, and sometimes the recovery screen comes up (your operating system could not turn off properly), and i cant access eui firmware to boot with my recovery drive (usb), no matter how many times i click the windows key, start up settings safe mode, low screen
    resolution, etc... all of them wouldn't work. Please help with this problem.

The_Fire Kyuubi, Feb 19, 2016
  3. Blackscreen issues in Windows 10

Hi Sathvik,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Are you connect to any domain networks?

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps:

You can follow the Microsoft article to create new account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10
    Check if it.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 19, 2016
  4. Britton Win User

That seems like a display driver problem and since you were apparently able to use the computer before the upgrade I doubt that the problem is your hardware itself. Does your laptop by chance have an ambient light sensor? If it does it could be the driver (system chip set driver probably) for that, that is the problem. I found this article when performing a search about this issue. You could see if it provides you with some incite on the problem as a start.

How to fix Windows 10 brightness control not working issue

Alternately there is also this article about adaptive brightness in case your system has an ambient light sensor.

How to Disable Adaptive Brightness on Windows 10 for Maximum Screen Brightness Windows Tips

Good Luck and Welcome to Windows 10 forum *Smile

Britton, Feb 19, 2016
  5. XweAponX Win User
    This seems to be a common problem, the same thing happened to a friend of mine after updating his video card. It happened to me when installing Windows 10 fresh into my PC. I had to wait for Windows to download a suitable display driver. My friend's PC video eventually came up, after rebooting it a few times.

XweAponX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Blackscreen issue with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Blackscreen issue

2. [Win 10] Issue with Windows or GPU Blackscreen flickering in games Any App or whatever...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Win 10] Issue with Windows or GPU Blackscreen flickering in games Any App or whatever...: I'm super exhausted and desperate. I've tried all sorts of solutions. 1-2 years of this. Anyway...[ Useful Links Hopefully ] - Windows 10 btw - still sour about how Win 11 turned out.Benchmark → https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/67708457YouTube Vid of Issue →...
  3. [Win 10] Issue with Windows or GPU Blackscreen flickering in games Any App or whatever...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Win 10] Issue with Windows or GPU Blackscreen flickering in games Any App or whatever...: I'm super exhausted and desperate. I've tried all sorts of solutions. 1-2 years of this. Anyway...[ Useful Links Hopefully ] - Windows 10 btw - still sour about how Win 11 turned out.Benchmark → https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/67708457YouTube Vid of Issue →...
  4. Blackscreen, AMD Drivers issue

Blackscreen, AMD Drivers issue: Hi, my PC has been blackscreening during random times, whether gaming or idle. The PC processes still runs, but no display. The only way to get it back up and running is to cut off its power supply for a few hours and then reboot it, and everytime it reboots, it runs on low...
  5. Blackscreen, AMD Drivers issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen, AMD Drivers issue: Hi, my PC has been blackscreening during random times, whether gaming or idle. The PC processes still runs, but no display. The only way to get it back up and running is to cut off its power supply for a few hours and then reboot it, and everytime it reboots, it runs on low...
  6. Blackscreen, AMD Drivers issue

7. Blackscreen, AMD Drivers issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. My Pc blackscreens randomly and without warning, the issue isn't about the monitor because...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc blackscreens randomly and without warning, the issue isn't about the monitor because...: So, basicallyi've bought a new Computer a few weeks ago Windows 11 and it keeps black-screening the computer is still active during that event and closing the application i am using, whether it's Firefox or Minecraft. I've looked on the internet on how to fix the problem,...
  9. My Pc blackscreens randomly and without warning, the issue isn't about the monitor because...

My Pc blackscreens randomly and without warning, the issue isn't about the monitor because...: So, basicallyi've bought a new Computer a few weeks ago Windows 11 and it keeps black-screening the computer is still active during that event and closing the application i am using, whether it's Firefox or Minecraft. I've looked on the internet on how to fix the problem,...
  10. PC blackscreen with audio issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC blackscreen with audio issues: Hello. I bought a Lenovo gaming PC 3 years ago and it was working perfectly with no issues until a couple months ago. I had a bluescreen issue for a while and I think I fixed that thanks to forums, but now I have a blackscreen problem.The timing when it blackscreens is...