Windows 10: Blackscreen issues on Windows 10

Discus and support Blackscreen issues on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10, desktop computer - previously upgraded from Windows 7 - 2016??? I was using my computer this morning to look up some information and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WindowsNeedHelp7719, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Blackscreen issues on Windows 10

Windows 10, desktop computer - previously upgraded from Windows 7 - 2016???

I was using my computer this morning to look up some information and played a few PC games (everything is scanned for viruses prior to installing). I left the computer on as I planned on using it later (5 hour lapse). When I came back I had the Loading Operating System ... black screen. Tried rebooting to no avail.

I had a Windows 10 update some time last week with no immediate problems.

Seems like this problem reared its ugly head about 2 years ago, but my problem just happened Nov. 18, 2018.

***Title modified from Loading Operating System black sceen***

:)

WindowsNeedHelp7719, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2018
  3. R9 290 Blackscreen Issue

hi guys.
    a few month ago i bought a sapphire r9 290 tri-x oc with catalyst 14.4 installed .it work fine . until now i dont have problem with blackscreens , but i cant install the latest catalyst drivers because of blackscreen. i installed all latest catalyst drivers with full windows installation 1 by 1 and after installation and reboot , just go blackscreen after 5 minutes or 10 minutes . you guys know how it works . so i cant RMA the card because its too late ( + in my country with poor support ).

thanks. any help would be nice.

my rig is :
    windows 8.1 x64
    i7 4790k
    asus z97pro -wifi ac
    corsair rm 850

SASBehrooz, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Blackscreen issues on Windows 10

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Blackscreen issues on Windows 10

1. Blackscreen issues on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Blackscreen issues

2. Blackscreen, AMD Drivers issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blackscreen, AMD Drivers issue: Hi, my PC has been blackscreening during random times, whether gaming or idle. The PC processes still runs, but no display. The only way to get it back up and running is to cut off its power supply for a few hours and then reboot it, and everytime it reboots, it runs on low...
  3. Blackscreen, AMD Drivers issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen, AMD Drivers issue: Hi, my PC has been blackscreening during random times, whether gaming or idle. The PC processes still runs, but no display. The only way to get it back up and running is to cut off its power supply for a few hours and then reboot it, and everytime it reboots, it runs on low...
  4. Blackscreen, AMD Drivers issue

5. Blackscreen, AMD Drivers issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. My Pc blackscreens randomly and without warning, the issue isn't about the monitor because...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc blackscreens randomly and without warning, the issue isn't about the monitor because...: So, basicallyi've bought a new Computer a few weeks ago Windows 11 and it keeps black-screening the computer is still active during that event and closing the application i am using, whether it's Firefox or Minecraft. I've looked on the internet on how to fix the problem,...
  7. My Pc blackscreens randomly and without warning, the issue isn't about the monitor because...

My Pc blackscreens randomly and without warning, the issue isn't about the monitor because...: So, basicallyi've bought a new Computer a few weeks ago Windows 11 and it keeps black-screening the computer is still active during that event and closing the application i am using, whether it's Firefox or Minecraft. I've looked on the internet on how to fix the problem,...
  8. PC blackscreen with audio issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC blackscreen with audio issues: Hello. I bought a Lenovo gaming PC 3 years ago and it was working perfectly with no issues until a couple months ago. I had a bluescreen issue for a while and I think I fixed that thanks to forums, but now I have a blackscreen problem.The timing when it blackscreens is...
  9. PC blackscreen with audio issues

PC blackscreen with audio issues: Hello. I bought a Lenovo gaming PC 3 years ago and it was working perfectly with no issues until a couple months ago. I had a bluescreen issue for a while and I think I fixed that thanks to forums, but now I have a blackscreen problem.The timing when it blackscreens is...
  10. wsappx blackscreen and ms store not opening issue

wsappx blackscreen and ms store not opening issue: HiEverytime i login to My Computer Then it will black screen on meso i open task manager then end wsappx the it will show my desktopbut also wsappx has an issue and its microsoft store can't openThen the time it black screen on me Was when i was being on windows 11 insider...