Windows 10: BlackScreen then restarts

Discus and support BlackScreen then restarts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I was in my online class then my screen just went black then unexpectedly restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LeeSo25, Oct 15, 2020.

1. LeeSo25 Win User

BlackScreen then restarts

So I was in my online class then my screen just went black then unexpectedly restart

:)

LeeSo25, Oct 15, 2020

2. Blackscreen - Auto-Restart

Thank you for the suggested 'fixes'. I'll try them after I try Google's Chrome browser. I'm told it's more suited to a desktop environment than the Microsoft EDGE browser (more suited to Tablet use). I don't know if it's related to the "BlackScreen Auto-Restart"
    problem, but hopefully it will reduce/eliminate the "Can't Reach This Page" message which I frequently get using EDGE [I tried restarting my modem and router, as well as clearing browsing history, but the problem persists with EDGE.

RalphHosmer, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Blackscreen - Auto-Restart

23.Dec.2015: 06:53:00 AM Watching TWC_Online {Cable Network Episode}: BLACKSCREEN, Auto-Restart.
    C:/Windows/Logs/ dosvc/dosvc.159109.1.eti ; WindowsUpdate/ : WindowsUpdate.20151223.005811.840.1.eti ; WindowsUpdate.20151223.064045.282.1.eti ;; WindowsUpdate.20151223.065537.566.1.eti .

I previously used 'Settings' and the 'HP Support Assistant' to change update settings to notify me prior to Restart. I'm unable to read these logs. I would like to be able to CHANGE whatever is causing this AUTO-RESTART to NOTIFY ME PRIOR to
    RESTART. Any help is appreciated.

RalphHosmer, Oct 15, 2020
  4. BlackScreen then restarts

Blackscreen - Auto-Restart

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot to the desktop?
    If not, I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Step 1:

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and perform the Clean Boot.

Press and hold the shift key while clicking on Restart
    at the login Screen (Bottom right corner).

1. Select Troubleshootand click on
    Advanced Options.

2. Select Startup Settingsand click on
    Restart.

3. After restarting, choose Enable Safe modewith networking.

If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2:

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

By setting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a Clean Boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After Clean Boot troubleshooting step, refer to "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot" from the article.

Method 2: You may try to boot from the Windows 10 media and try performing a Startup repair from Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).

To perform Startup repair on Windows 10 computer follow these steps:

a) Insert the media such as (USB or DVD) and restart your computer

b) Press F12 key (typically this is F12, but it can differ between computer manufacturers) and choose the drive that you inserted the installation media into.

Once the Windows Setup window appears, follow these steps:

c) Click Next and select Repair your computer.

d) You will then see a blue screen and an option to choose. Choose the option
    Troubleshoot
    and select Advanced options.

e) You may choose Startup Repair from Advanced boot option.

You may refer to the below link to download the ISO and create the installation media:

Download Windows 10

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

BlackScreen then restarts

1. BlackScreen then restarts - Similar Threads - BlackScreen restarts

2. Newly built PC crashes to blackscreen then restart while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly built PC crashes to blackscreen then restart while gaming: Hello, I have built a new computer and unfortunately there is a problem,it occurs during gaming only so far and what happens is that the computer crashes,either the game just crashes back to windows OR the screen goes black,fans and rgb continue to run for a while before the...
  3. Newly built PC crashes to blackscreen then restart while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newly built PC crashes to blackscreen then restart while gaming: Hello, I have built a new computer and unfortunately there is a problem,it occurs during gaming only so far and what happens is that the computer crashes,either the game just crashes back to windows OR the screen goes black,fans and rgb continue to run for a while before the...
  4. PC keeps restarting after blackscreening during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps restarting after blackscreening during gaming: It would be great if someone could help me, I've been having ongoing issues with my PC, I recently got an RTX 4090 and afterwards my PC would just start randomly rebooting when I was playing a game, it was fine for a few weeks after I got the GPU and then it started, all my...
  5. PC keeps restarting after blackscreening during gaming

PC keeps restarting after blackscreening during gaming: It would be great if someone could help me, I've been having ongoing issues with my PC, I recently got an RTX 4090 and afterwards my PC would just start randomly rebooting when I was playing a game, it was fine for a few weeks after I got the GPU and then it started, all my...
  6. PC keeps restarting after blackscreening during gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. What can I do if my PC blackscreens for a few minutes after restarting or even ropening it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do if my PC blackscreens for a few minutes after restarting or even ropening it ?: Today I just updated windows 11 to the version 22H2 and after the update it, as usual, presented me with the restart scheduled for 4 minutes notification. I pressed restart now and after the restart I logged into the microsoft account. Here is where the weird stuff srated...
  8. What can I do if my PC blackscreens for a few minutes after restarting or even ropening it ?

What can I do if my PC blackscreens for a few minutes after restarting or even ropening it ?: Today I just updated windows 11 to the version 22H2 and after the update it, as usual, presented me with the restart scheduled for 4 minutes notification. I pressed restart now and after the restart I logged into the microsoft account. Here is where the weird stuff srated...
  9. Frequent Blackscreen errors and then restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Blackscreen errors and then restarts: I have recently started to experience an error - usually when I try to play a video game where my screen will freeze, the audio will crackle and then the computer will restart. Often Windows records this issue as a hardware error:SourceWindowsSummaryHardware...
  10. Frequent Blackscreen errors and then restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Blackscreen errors and then restarts: I have recently started to experience an error - usually when I try to play a video game where my screen will freeze, the audio will crackle and then the computer will restart. Often Windows records this issue as a hardware error:SourceWindowsSummaryHardware...