Windows 10: Blackscreen when updating Nvidia Driver

Discus and support Blackscreen when updating Nvidia Driver in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, - So I closed a game and my screen went black and wouldn't come back until I restarted the computer. - Screen would remain on until I logged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jsc98, Jun 24, 2017.

1. jsc98 Win User

Blackscreen when updating Nvidia Driver

Hi,

- So I closed a game and my screen went black and wouldn't come back until I restarted the computer.
    - Screen would remain on until I logged into windows (put in password and pressed enter)
    - Repeated several times with same outcome
    -Then tried booting in safe mode, successfully
    - Removed graphic drivers with DDU
    - PC booted perfectly and logged in no problem (using Windows Basic Driver)
    - Attempted to install latest GeForce drivers and screen went black again
    (I attempted doing this 3 times with the same outcome)

I'm not entirely sure what else to try, I have also attempted removing the GPU, then removing drivers to then reinstall the GPU + Drivers with the same outcome.
    Note: ​The computer will run no problem for any amount of time with Windows Basic Driver

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

PC Specs:

CPU: i5-4460

Motherboard: ASUS H81M-PLUS

Memory: Team Elite Plus 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Graphics Card(s): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Hard Drives: 256 Gb Samsung SSD1TB HDD

PSU: Super Flower 450W 80+ Gold Rated PSU

Edit: On one occassion my ASUS bios warned of a 'power surge' but I believe it was due to the method I used to turn of my PC and the problem persisted both before and after

:)

jsc98, Jun 24, 2017

2. graphics driver failure after updating to windows 10

Hello i m using Dell Inspiron 15 7537 i5 with 6 gb RAM and since i upgraded my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10 the graphics driver which is there in my laptop seem to behave strange, whenever i enable the nvidia drivers laptop would first leg and
    then it will get hanged. And After restarting it would stay on blackscreen. so i had to boot in safe mode and disable nvidia drivers to make my laptop work. pls help me out....

ANKITBHUCHHADA, Jun 24, 2017
  3. Blend test with Prime95 causes BSOD

Hello,

I just built an high End PC with Win 10 and get Blackscreen when I'm playing and when I'm doing a blend test with Prime95.

The Blackscreen its just black and then reboot. No message or something. After reboot everthing is fine.

So I got out that just 1 of my 8gb DDR4 Ripjaw 5 is running all properly (with the non working one Windows is still booting and without blendtest or games everything is fine). So I tested the RAM with the Windows Utily and with Memtest86 and everything seems
    fine.

Tomorrow I'll give other RAM the try (4x8gb DDR from Corsair).

Pecs:

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

Intel I7-6700K

Nvidia GTX980-ti

G-Skill 2x8gb DDR4 2133 MHz Ripjaw V

Samsung 850 Pro 512gb

bequit 650W Black Power PSU

Blackscreen without Errormessage- Original Title

HelloWorldSX, Jun 24, 2017
  4. Blackscreen when updating Nvidia Driver

Have you tried the card on another system? I am thinking the GPU is dead.

RoasterMen, Jun 24, 2017
  5. jsc98 Win User
    I have my old graphics card I could give it a go, I don't have any other systems available to try my current GPU in. My thoughts are aligned with yours though, I can't see it being anything else..

jsc98, Jun 24, 2017
  6. jsc98 Win User
    Update: PC runs as normal with old GPU (GTX 750 Ti).

jsc98, Jun 24, 2017
  7. I could only guess the GTX 970 is already dead. Is the card still clean though?

RoasterMen, Jun 25, 2017
  8. Bastet Win User

When I had a black screen upon restart after installing nVidia driver (via GForce experience) I could still open task manager & closed any instance of nVidia, this brought the screen to life, I then uninstalled the driver & GForce experience & reinstalled them from the nVidia website. No further problem since.

Bastet, Jun 25, 2017
  9. jsc98 Win User
    Would love to say it worked but the task manager wouldn't open

jsc98, Jun 25, 2017
  10. Bastet Win User
    You could remove the graphics driver again via DDU as you said that allows you access to your computer, then remove GForce experience (if installed) & download driver & GForce directly from nVidia - unless you've already tried this.

Bastet, Jun 25, 2017
  11. jsc98 Win User
    Yeh already tried, I've even tried old drivers, beta drivers and nothing seems to work

jsc98, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Blackscreen when updating Nvidia Driver - Similar Threads - Blackscreen updating Nvidia

2. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  3. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  4. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Nvidia Error & Crash when updating drivers

Nvidia Error & Crash when updating drivers: Hey there everyone! I was recently installing new drivers for my 1050ti, and my laptop keeps crashing to the blue screen, then I get a NVIDIA Web Helper error Bad Image, saying that nvapi.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error. Try installing the...
  6. Driver updates causing blackscreens

Driver updates causing blackscreens: Hi guys , I have an alienware m17x r2 with nividia gtx 285m ,windows is downloading updates for the graphics driver but when the update finishes and ask to restart i get a black screen and i cant see any thing till i delete the update in safemode....
  7. BLACKSCREEN WITH CURSOR AFTER NVIDIA GPU UPDATE

BLACKSCREEN WITH CURSOR AFTER NVIDIA GPU UPDATE: every time i update Nvidia's GPU windows after restart the desktop does not load and it's just a black screen with a cursor after 10-30 min the desktop loads back again, this started happening when I started to download every GPU update as soon as it comes out on express...
  8. updating nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    updating nvidia drivers: my laptop is alienware 17 r5 i9 and it has nvidia geforce gtx 1080 graphics card. i am currently on windows 10 build 1809 is having the latest windows build a requirement to install new drivers? i asked a nvidia support agent about that. he said that the new drivers are...
  9. Can't update nvidia drivers

Can't update nvidia drivers: Can't update nvidia drivers for graphics card. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-nvidia-drivers/024229c1-520e-410d-9d0b-9f2bf365e000
  10. Nvidia Driver Blackscreen

Nvidia Driver Blackscreen: I currently face the problem that as soon as i install a nvidia graphics card driver i get a blackscreen. I tried the graphics card on another pc and it worked just fine. I reinstalled windows cleanly, rolled back to another version of both windows and the nvidia driver....