Windows 10: Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

Discus and support Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mystifiedgum, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo screen while launching Windows 10 It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- Sometimes getting stuck on the bios screenCan you help ?

:)

mystifiedgum, Dec 8, 2021
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while... :confused:*Mad Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while... :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Dec 8, 2021
  3. Taz100420 Win User
    Kasperskys shutting itself off

I awoke this morning to a error message saying that kasperskys has encounter a error and shuts off, then I restart and about 10 mins later does it again. any suggestions?

Taz100420, Dec 8, 2021
  4. Cake5 Win User

Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

Laptop restarts when i try to shut down

What methods have you used to shut it down? The usual ways are to open Start, click the power icon and then choose Shut Down. Alternatively you can go onto the desktop and press Alt+F4 to open the shut down/restart dialog. Third,
    type "shut down" into the Start search and click the "shut down" entry.

Also see
    this forum post
    from 2015. Microsoft staff member answer below copied from linked:

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then try to shut down.

Method 2:

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3:

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are

causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot"
    in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Ravindra R Kamath

Microsoft Community

Cake5, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

1. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while... - Similar Threads - Blackscreen while shutting

2. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  3. BSOD while shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while shutting down: Hello, I have been getting BSOD for the last couple of days while shutting down, but not on restarts. I used bluescreen view and it shows it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe, I have also tried updating drivers such as graphic card, RST but that didn't help either. I have attached the...
  4. BSOD while shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while shutting down: Hello, I have been getting BSOD for the last couple of days while shutting down, but not on restarts. I used bluescreen view and it shows it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe, I have also tried updating drivers such as graphic card, RST but that didn't help either. I have attached the...
  5. BSOD while shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  7. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  8. Shut down while in standby?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down while in standby?: Sorry if this is obvious...How do I shut down my laptop while it’s in standby? I’ve created a feedback loop and whenever I turn it on again it’s really loud!!! I know how to sort it but need to restart or turn it off......
  9. while shutting down the computer restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    while shutting down the computer restarts: after upgrading windows from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro, I am getting the below message in blue screen and the computer restarts of its own. "your pc ran in to a problem and needs to restart. we just collected some error info, and then we will restart for you. if...
  10. BSOD while shutting down...?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while shutting down...?: hey..I was shutting down my pc, when suddenly a Blue Screen Of Death appears after the "Shutting Down" screen...resource_not_owned please help 40742