Windows 10: BLACKSCREEN WITH CURSOR AFTER NVIDIA GPU UPDATE

Discus and support BLACKSCREEN WITH CURSOR AFTER NVIDIA GPU UPDATE in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; every time i update Nvidia's GPU windows after restart the desktop does not load and it's just a black screen with a cursor after 10-30 min the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Antigamer101, Apr 1, 2021.

1. BLACKSCREEN WITH CURSOR AFTER NVIDIA GPU UPDATE

every time i update Nvidia's GPU windows after restart the desktop does not load and it's just a black screen with a cursor

after 10-30 min the desktop loads back again, this started happening when I started to download every GPU update as soon as it comes out on express

fortunately, I can open task manager while on black screen and open chrome, disk drives, games without any problem but before it reloads the desktop

I can't access anything related to windows like Microsoft office and pc info

the problem gets fixed after windows updates, I think its because windows releases support for the GPU updates

untill then, if i want to acsses desktop i could just open the desktop folder

:)

Antigamer101, Apr 1, 2021

2. Window 10 Update blackscreen no cursor

I update to Windows 10 this week and have yet to my computer function. At first I had a cursor and it showed my weather app against a blackscreen. I started following a fix going through the task manager and type"regedit" into the Creative to task bar,
    clicking yes, it came up with the Registry Editor and then shortly after it switched to a full blackscreen of death. My computer is quietly humming, my black screen is lit, and I now have no cursor. How can I fix this? I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop.

katiebroeders, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Nvidia Driver Blackscreen

I currently face the problem that as soon as i install a nvidia graphics card driver i get a blackscreen.

I tried the graphics card on another pc and it worked just fine.

I reinstalled windows cleanly, rolled back to another version of both windows and the nvidia driver.

ThomasSchuster-, Apr 1, 2021
  4. kenalbus Win User

BLACKSCREEN WITH CURSOR AFTER NVIDIA GPU UPDATE

Windows 10 CPU usage 100% when Nvidia GPU enabled

I've had the same problem, and have exactly the same GPU model. I was able to set the drivers back to factory default, but any update I've tried (including the most recent) causes the massive cpu usage. I've contacted tech support for both Nvidia and Asus,
    and followed all the steps they suggested, with no luck.

kenalbus, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

BLACKSCREEN WITH CURSOR AFTER NVIDIA GPU UPDATE

1. BLACKSCREEN WITH CURSOR AFTER NVIDIA GPU UPDATE - Similar Threads - BLACKSCREEN CURSOR NVIDIA

2. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  3. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  4. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after the NVIDIA GPU is activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after the NVIDIA GPU is activated: For the past month i've been struggling with an issue on my laptop, related to its GPU.Whenever my NVIDIA GPU is activated mostly while playing games it gives me a bsod telling VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR . I updated the driver , but still the problem persist. I stress tested...
  6. LAPTOP BSOD after updating nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LAPTOP BSOD after updating nvidia gpu: Ive been trying to use my nvidia gtx 1050 other than my intel uhd 630 so i can game, but if i do update it whichever way itll crash and say tdr failure or other bsod codes, and it has to do with the file nvlddmkm.sys file, i did get this from the event viewer maybe you can...
  7. Nvidia Driver Blackscreen

Nvidia Driver Blackscreen: I currently face the problem that as soon as i install a nvidia graphics card driver i get a blackscreen. I tried the graphics card on another pc and it worked just fine. I reinstalled windows cleanly, rolled back to another version of both windows and the nvidia driver....
  8. NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE

NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE: First of all, back in 11th month of 2017, after updating NVDIA drivers through Geforce Experience and receiving an update from Windows Update, I was stuck at the blue screen of death (the error was nvlddmkm.sys, after a quick googling I found out that it was dual my NVIDIA...
  9. Blackscreen with spinning cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blackscreen with spinning cursor: I was just watching anime online then suddenly my laptop's screen blacks out with its loading cursor spinning also freezes the screen for some reason i couldn't do a thing ctlr+alt+del didn't even work so i force shutdown my laptop. I also tried to start it once again then...
  10. Blackscreen when updating Nvidia Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Blackscreen when updating Nvidia Driver: Hi, - So I closed a game and my screen went black and wouldn't come back until I restarted the computer. - Screen would remain on until I logged into windows (put in password and pressed enter) - Repeated several times with same outcome -Then tried booting in safe mode,...