Windows 10: Blackscreens (no cursor) during user switching; happens randomly/not reproducible

Discus and support Blackscreens (no cursor) during user switching; happens randomly/not reproducible in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This only happens during user switching, but at that only infrequently so. When it happens, nothing like ctrl +alt+del works, the caps lock key doesn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/omgpop, Jun 19, 2020.

1. /u/omgpop Win User

Blackscreens (no cursor) during user switching; happens randomly/not reproducible

This only happens during user switching, but at that only infrequently so. When it happens, nothing like ctrl +alt+del works, the caps lock key doesn’t change state when pressed so I guess the OS is totally locked up. Only solve is to hold down power/switch off psu. No crash dumps. Besides this no other problems in terms of performance. A/V and I/O drivers are all up to date.

I'm on W10 Home v2004 build 19041.329

submitted by /u/omgpop
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/omgpop, Jun 19, 2020

2. Window 10 Update blackscreen no cursor

I update to Windows 10 this week and have yet to my computer function. At first I had a cursor and it showed my weather app against a blackscreen. I started following a fix going through the task manager and type"regedit" into the Creative to task bar,
    clicking yes, it came up with the Registry Editor and then shortly after it switched to a full blackscreen of death. My computer is quietly humming, my black screen is lit, and I now have no cursor. How can I fix this? I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop.

katiebroeders, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Blackscreens (no cursor) during user switching; happens randomly/not reproducible

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Blackscreens (no cursor) during user switching; happens randomly/not reproducible

1. Blackscreens (no cursor) during user switching; happens randomly/not reproducible - Similar Threads - Blackscreens cursor during

2. Laptop randomly blackscreens after logging in to my user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly blackscreens after logging in to my user: This is a multi user install because I share this laptop with my mum too. Sometimes when I log in, it shows nothing and ceases to work. Putting it at sleep and starting does nothing, none of the keybindings do anything. Doesn't open task manager, nothing works at all. Only...
  3. Laptop randomly blackscreens after logging in to my user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly blackscreens after logging in to my user: This is a multi user install because I share this laptop with my mum too. Sometimes when I log in, it shows nothing and ceases to work. Putting it at sleep and starting does nothing, none of the keybindings do anything. Doesn't open task manager, nothing works at all. Only...
  4. Blackscreen Only Cursor Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen Only Cursor Working: $windows.~bt folder taking to much space on my CSo i tried to delete it , its always failed because it said the folder is used afaik in windows 10 this folder not used in any procces? Well after restart my screen is just black with cursor also i noticed it taking 30-1minutes...
  5. Blackscreen Only Cursor Working

Blackscreen Only Cursor Working: $windows.~bt folder taking to much space on my CSo i tried to delete it , its always failed because it said the folder is used afaik in windows 10 this folder not used in any procces? Well after restart my screen is just black with cursor also i noticed it taking 30-1minutes...
  6. PC blackscreens during gaminng

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC blackscreens during gaminng: During gaming can be at the start or 30mins in my pc blackscreens. Sometimes you can still play the game just without the screen. Have tried many solutions but none have worked. Any help would be appreciated, also can provide DumpStack....
  7. PC blackscreens during gaminng

PC blackscreens during gaminng: During gaming can be at the start or 30mins in my pc blackscreens. Sometimes you can still play the game just without the screen. Have tried many solutions but none have worked. Any help would be appreciated, also can provide DumpStack....
  8. BSODs unable to reproduce - occur at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs unable to reproduce - occur at random: ANY HELP AT ALL IS APPRECIATED! I've been having issues for months now with seemingly random freezing and BSODs. Can someone interpret my minidump files for me or teach me how to read it after I analyze with windbg? I have a vague idea of what the issue is but can't quite pin...
  9. Blackscreen with spinning cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blackscreen with spinning cursor: I was just watching anime online then suddenly my laptop's screen blacks out with its loading cursor spinning also freezes the screen for some reason i couldn't do a thing ctlr+alt+del didn't even work so i force shutdown my laptop. I also tried to start it once again then...
  10. Blackscreen during sleep / restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blackscreen during sleep / restart: Hi, This issue has been bugging me since May, where my computer would randomly black screen when sleeping the computer or restarting the com, which I have to force restart to get it to reboot with a dump file produced. Suspect it was OS at first but I reinstalled Windows...