Windows 10: BlackViperScript: make bulk changes to the Windows 10 Service configuration

Discus and support BlackViperScript: make bulk changes to the Windows 10 Service configuration in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; BlackViperScript is a PowerShell script to make bulk changes to the Service configuration of Windows 10 PCs based on Black Viper's Services... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Dec 17, 2018.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

BlackViperScript: make bulk changes to the Windows 10 Service configuration

BlackViperScript is a PowerShell script to make bulk changes to the Service configuration of Windows 10 PCs based on Black Viper's Services suggestions.

Black Viper published service configurations for several versions of Windows; these configurations suggested certain states for services based on use cases. He stopped updating Service configurations in April 2018 but the information is still useful at the time of writing.

The script applies the supported Service configurations to devices running Windows 10 based on the configuration on Black Viper's website. It is not the first program to apply Service configurations; we reviewed Easy Service Optimizer in 2015 which offered similar functionality.

Download the script from the project's GitHub page to get started and extract the content of the archive to the local system.

You may run the batch file with elevated privileges or the PowerShell script with owershell.exe -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File c:/BlackViper-Win10.ps1 (adjust the path).

The script loads a GUI after you accept the terms.

BlackViperScript: make bulk changes to the Windows 10 Service configuration black-viper-service-configuration.png

First thing you may want to do is switch to Script Options to check and adjust the preferences. There you find plenty of options to customize the script; you may check "dryrun" to get a preview of the changes without making them, enable diagnostic output or enable the log to get a before and after comparison.

The Services List displays all services, information, and the state after you select the load option. The script takes the selected services configuration under "Services Options" and compares it to the current state of available services.

Green indicates that services use the same configuration state already while red and yellow that this is not the case.

BlackViperScript: make bulk changes to the Windows 10 Service configuration services-list.png

The active Services configuration can be saved as a CSV file or Registry file for safekeeping.

Black Viper Service Configuration Script supports Default, Safe and Tweaked Service configurations and custom settings. You do need to load a custom config file to apply custom settings.

Do you need it?

How useful is the script? The answer depends on a number of factors. It is clearly possible to just visit the Black Viper website, check the Service configuration for Windows 10 there, and make the changes manually.

While it takes time to make the changes manually, you'd not have to run a script on the PC to make the changes. The script is open source which means that you can verify it before you run it.

The script is more useful in select deployment situations where changes need to be made to a number of PCs one-time or regularly. Considering that you can modify the services configuration files to adjust them according to your needs, it is a good option to make changes to Services on a number of devices.

Closing Words

BlackViperScript worked fine during tests; it applied the selected changes to the device and everything worked out as expected. I'd still recommend that you create a System Restore point or system backup before you run the script.

Now You: Do you modify Services on Windows devices?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post BlackViperScript: make bulk changes to the Windows 10 Service configuration appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Dec 17, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 17, 2018
  4. BlackViperScript: make bulk changes to the Windows 10 Service configuration

Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile BlackViperScript: make bulk changes to the Windows 10 Service configuration :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

BlackViperScript: make bulk changes to the Windows 10 Service configuration

1. BlackViperScript: make bulk changes to the Windows 10 Service configuration - Similar Threads - BlackViperScript bulk changes

2. what is bulk sms service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is bulk sms service?: I am working in the IT Company which is a Bulk SMS Service providers the name of the company is Msgclub. i want to know how bulk sms service is work in the different company or industries....
  3. what is bulk sms service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is bulk sms service?: I am working in the IT Company which is a Bulk SMS Service providers the name of the company is Msgclub. i want to know how bulk sms service is work in the different company or industries....
  4. Bulk extension change help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bulk extension change help: I have a folder of about a 100 files which don't have an extension. I've tried going to view and checking and unchecking view file extensions but no luck. I want to bulk change them all to .jpg can someone pls guide me to do the same submitted by /u/Hacker_2612 [link]...
  5. Bulk renaming files in sequential order making multiples

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bulk renaming files in sequential order making multiples: I am renaming files in sequential order but it is making multiples. I will have 2 files named abc 1 and two named abc 2 and this will go on for many file names. I have tried setting a start number...still happens. I cannot find a solution....
  6. Bulk File Name Change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bulk File Name Change: Hi, I have nearly 4,000 image files that I need to rename. They all contain one type of unique ID number let's call it ID1 along with some other words, and I need to rename them to a different type of unique ID number let's call it ID2 without the other words. I have the...
  7. Bulk change multiple folder icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bulk change multiple folder icons in Windows 10: I have my music files organized by artist name and then by individual subfolders. I've replaced the default yellow folder icon with custom .ico files I created using the album cover art. The .ico files are stored in each individual album folder. My issue is that I have...
  8. Configuring bluetooth services

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Configuring bluetooth services: Since installing my Bluetooth headset, BH9, I now have a small window permanently open displaying the Bluetooth logo and the words configuring Bluetooth Services. Is there any way of closing this window please?...
  9. Configuring Bluetooth Services Window

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Configuring Bluetooth Services Window: I struggled to get my BH9 headset paired with my Asus laptop. Since managing this, I now have a small window permanently open saying 'configuring windows services'. Is there any way of closing this display please?...
  10. Safe Services Configurations?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Services Configurations?: I always highly edit my services. I don't want 80 programs running in the background from my PC. So these are the services I've disabled. I would like to know if I've done anything unsafe, and if there are other services I can safely disable. AllJoyn Router Service -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black viper windows 10 script

2. black viper script windows 10

3. blackviper windows 10script

4. windows 10 scripts viper,
  5. blackviper windows 10 scripts,
  6. windows 10 viper script