Windows 10: Blank/black screen as Windows 10 is loading

Discus and support Blank/black screen as Windows 10 is loading in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; what is that part, or what is windows 10 doing, at the part when you are starting up your laptop and it goes past the cyan screen with the 4 windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ireland Andy, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Blank/black screen as Windows 10 is loading

what is that part, or what is windows 10 doing, at the part when you are starting up your laptop and it goes past the cyan screen with the 4 windows and then a blank/black screen appears for 10 seconds or more until you get to the lockscreen wallpaper (with the time on it) or sign in blue scree - what is it doing at the blank screen part and why couldnt microsoft close up that gap with some graphics or message that 'windows is starting' or something - my customers think the laptop is stalled at that stage and not doing anything. Thanks.

:)

ireland Andy, Mar 11, 2016

2. Win 10Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Is there a version of the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter for Windows 10 that I could load from the command prompt to install on my HP TouchSmart tm2 computer? I updated the driver from Device Manager
    and now I have only a blank screen (WIN 10 loads, but only have black screen).

RickFelten, Mar 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 startup

I loaded Windows 10 a couple of days ago. When I go to start up Windows 10 it took almost 15 minutes to finally get to the Windows 10 program. In the start up process I got 3 or 4 blank black screens that stayed on about a minute before final something
    happened. Why is it taking so long to start up and why so many blank black screens. With my previous Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 it only took a couple of minutes to start up. (Jimbo in Florida)

JamesDundas, Mar 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Blank/black screen as Windows 10 is loading

Hi, Windows is loading files, drivers... if you have a drive activity light you should be able to see this is active during this phase.
    If you are booting from an SSD, boot time from shut down state to lock screen should probably not be more than 12-15s.

If you really want to see sthg happening, I suppose you could turn on the verbose boot messages, which are meant for diagnosis (and to be written to a file)
    How to boot in verbose boot for Windows 10? - Super User

If you want to question MS's design approach, try posting on an MS site, though I doubt you'll get a very helpful response. I agree, a blank screen is undesirable.

dalchina, Mar 12, 2016
Thema:

Blank/black screen as Windows 10 is loading

1. Blank/black screen as Windows 10 is loading - Similar Threads - Blank black screen

2. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank/Black Screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  3. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank/Black Screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  4. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 black/blank screen issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 black/blank screen issue.: I was working on my pc and my mouse and trackpad stopped working so I managed to open my browser and search the issue.I stopped the Exeplorer.exe and my mouse started working but my screen and taskbar went blank.Please help...
  6. Loaded Windows 10 Pro, no will not load. Blank screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loaded Windows 10 Pro, no will not load. Blank screen: I loaded Win10 Pro from Microsoft using the digital the digital download. Tried to boot the computer up after an interruption, got nothing but a blank screen. The computer is basically dead....
  7. Getting blank/black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting blank/black screen: I wonder if anyone can help me. I am running Windows 10 on Toshiba Satellite laptop. After entering my password the screen goes blank and no operations are possible. I have tried the in built Windows recovery options but using the repair option it eventually returns to the...
  8. Blank or Black Screen when Restarting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank or Black Screen when Restarting Windows 10: On my wife's laptop which is a Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5340, when clicking "Restart" Windows will attempt to restart but will hang at a blank screen before showing the post screen or LOGO. I have let it sit for hours and it does nothing from that point. You then have to use...
  9. Screen is blank. Nothing but black.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen is blank. Nothing but black.: Ok, I had a problem with my start button not working so I followed a video which suggested to go into config and click on safe mode and restart the computer. well since then the computer starts but nothing but a black screen. Tried pressing all the f numbers, f8 etc and...
  10. Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor: Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor after login randomly, this happened after I just performed an update. I use an SSD for my OS files, 1TB hdd for docs and another for backups. This was happening 4 weeks ago, except my docs harddrive was making a clicking...