Windows 10: blank display hp650

Discus and support blank display hp650 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop shows blank screen on boot up while power button and f12 button keeps on blinking. Please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Moses Wangira, Dec 27, 2019.

1. blank display hp650

My laptop shows blank screen on boot up while power button and f12 button keeps on blinking.

Please help

:)

Moses Wangira, Dec 27, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Bharat Win User
    Blank display patterns on ATI Radeon HD 4650 .

My PC specs are

Gigabyte G31 motherboard.
    Intel Core2Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz.
    2GB transcend ddr2 800MHz RAM.
    Sapphire Radeon HD 4650 1GB ddr2.
    Windows 7 ultimate 32bit.

It was a very old PC since 2009 .
    Initially, I had 400W PSU which I replaced an year back with 200W PSU.

All these years, I played moderate games on this pc without any issues. Even with 200W PSU since an year gaming is never affected .

But since recently the GPU is giving blank display problem. The display stays black with display signal light on. The pc is struck, pressing num lock or caps lock wont change the leds. Doesn't respond to ctrl alt del taskmanager combination. Once a blank display comes, only way is to press the restart button.

The GPU gives this blank display in these two scenarios.
    • While the pc wakes up from sleep, its blank.
    • Normal startup gives blank display after it shows "starting windows" 7. At this point I press the restart button, and the next reboot safe mode option is chosen, then pc boots into safe mode without any display issues. Now when I restart windows from within the safe mode, then the next boot happens successfully without any issue. And when it boots like this, I don't see any deterioration in gaming performance.
    So , this is what i do in order to boot into windows.
    First Boot to get blank display >> Second boot into safe mode >> Reboot from safe mode into os.

I tried to investigate this.
    Removed the graphics card and connected monitor to onboard vga. No such issue happens.
    Kept another graphics card into the motherboard slot to see if this issue is present. No problems with other card.
    Completely uninstalled winqual drivers and installed amd catalyst drivers. Problem persists with my card.

I don't think either the PSU or the drivers are the problem, since all these years it worked with the same drivers and PSU since an year.

Is the card damaged?
    I can't understand the strange behavior of booting normally only when rebooted from safe mode.

Bharat, Dec 27, 2019
  4. jhearcht Win User

blank display hp650

Display Blank : Analog Input?????

My new PC has a blank screen with the message : 1. Analog input, cannot display this video mode.

I recently upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10 on my new Dell Inspiron. I have an older PC right next to it with WinXP. Both are using Dell flat panel digital displays. After the install I noticed that the default screen resolution made icons much larger than on the old PC with the identical monitor. So I attempted to change the resolution. When I set it at 1280x1024 to match the old screen, the icons were too close to the left edge and partly chopped off. So I reset it at the resolution suggested by Win10 (don't have access to the actual number, due to blank screen) but it was about twice the normal resolution. When it changed to the new resolution, the screen turned black and displayed the message above. Now my PC is unusable.

I don't know if the problem is with "analog input" or the resolution numbers, but I haven't found a way to go back to the original. I tried F2 and F8 and F12 during bootup. but so far found no way to change video display settings. F2 shows various setup options, but nothing about display. Holding F8 during boot-up goes to the blank screen instead of to Boot Manager or Safe Mode. The button on front of monitor does nothing.

I need help to return the display to its original settings. But without being able to see anything on the screen. Any suggestions?

jhearcht, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

blank display hp650

1. blank display hp650 - Similar Threads - blank display hp650

2. Display going blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display going blank: Monitor goes blank in ~1 sec and lights up if I move the mouse Cursor when I am logged in as myself. If I log in as my wife there appears to be no problem, any suggestions to correct this behavior? I have tried all the sleep and display off settings with no change.If I leave...
  3. Display going blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display going blank: Monitor goes blank in ~1 sec and lights up if I move the mouse Cursor when I am logged in as myself. If I log in as my wife there appears to be no problem, any suggestions to correct this behavior? I have tried all the sleep and display off settings with no change.If I leave...
  4. display goes blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display goes blank: display screen went blank dark black this has happened before not too often again didnt do nothing for it to happen seems random i pressed the edit button on this site and then screen went blank whats all the things to do and check to see why it's like that maybe graphics...
  5. Blank Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Display: I have windows 10 laptop which i bought 2 days ago. Last night when i was going to **** my laptop off i got the option update and shut down. I did that and after a while my laptop shut down and i went to sleep. The next morning when i turned my device on and tried to work, i...
  6. Display goes blank on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display goes blank on boot: The display on my Notebook Asus N55S with Nvidia Geforce GT 635M will flicker and goes off on booting, even no application has been executed. The operating system is Windows 10 Home version. How can I resolve this?...
  7. Display / Blank screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display / Blank screen: My Screen display is blank. I can tell its back lit and i can ocassionally see my cursor and the swirling blue circle of processing, but i cant see anything else on screen....
  8. Display on screen blank

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display on screen blank: Display of laptop wont function, but if I connect an HDMI to the laptop screen shows. All projection options functioningextend to displays, duplicate displays, display screen 2 only all good except for display 1 which is the laptop monitor. Cant see anything in the screen if...
  9. Desjtop display is blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desjtop display is blank: My desktop is blank. The location is on my data drive. But it does not display as a main window on my monitor.Destop display is blank. If I load it as a folder with document icon - everything is in the foldee....
  10. Display Blank : Analog Input?????

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Blank : Analog Input?????: My new PC has a blank screen with the message : 1. Analog input, cannot display this video mode. I recently upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10 on my new Dell Inspiron. I have an older PC right next to it with WinXP. Both are using Dell flat panel digital displays. After the...