Windows 10: Blank Edge legacy icon stuck on my taskbar even when unplugging and plugging in

Discus and support Blank Edge legacy icon stuck on my taskbar even when unplugging and plugging in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Hey, I noticed a unremovable blank icon on my taskbar. I can't remove it. It says Microsoft Edge Legacy. It's icon is missing for some reason... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OwenRoughton, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Blank Edge legacy icon stuck on my taskbar even when unplugging and plugging in

Blank Edge legacy icon stuck on my taskbar even when unplugging and plugging in e82c2509-6b0b-451d-956e-5cae6b262c38?upload=true.jpg Hey, I noticed a unremovable blank icon on my taskbar. I can't remove it. It says Microsoft Edge Legacy. It's icon is missing for some reason but I CAN'T REMOVE IT! Please help me.

:)

OwenRoughton, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Shanester Win User

Edge icon missing in taskbar

I would like to try to figure out why the problem on affects the taskbar. It doesn't affect desktop shortcuts, Start, or the app list.

Edge gets its icon from this program file:
    %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe

Edge legacy gets it's icon from here:
    %windir%\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge.exe

Right away I noticed that the new Edge is in Program Files, and Edge legacy is in the Windows folder. Weird.

Shane.

Shanester, Jun 13, 2020
  3. O0mix0O Win User
    ALL icons missing/blank (desktop, taskbar, explorer)

Hi all,

• - Had the laptop hooked up to the TV last night via HDMI
      - Unplugged, then closed lid - putting it to sleep
      - Turned on today, no icons whatsoever.

- Tried restarting the laptop
      - Tried restarting 'explorer.exe'

Any tips for getting them back? It's annoying the hell out of me!

Thanks in advance!

Also:
    When I open the explorer when uploading or downloading something, the icons are there..

Here's a pic:

Blank Edge legacy icon stuck on my taskbar even when unplugging and plugging in [​IMG]

Blank Edge legacy icon stuck on my taskbar even when unplugging and plugging in [​IMG]

O0mix0O, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Blank Edge legacy icon stuck on my taskbar even when unplugging and plugging in

Blank icons in taskbar on Windows 2016

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Confirm the said application you're using so we could fully understand the cause of the issue.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest restarting the Explorer.exe on the Task Manager. This may help resolve the issue with blank icons on the Taskbar. Refer to the steps below:

1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del, then select Task Manager.

2. On the Task Manager window, click on More Details at the bottom left if it doesn't shows the
    Processes tab.

3. Scroll down the list of the Windows processes and locate Windows Explorer and right-click on it and select
    Restart.

Note: The desktop icons and the Taskbar will refresh and will be gone for a moment after this process. It should reappear automatically.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Blank Edge legacy icon stuck on my taskbar even when unplugging and plugging in

1. Blank Edge legacy icon stuck on my taskbar even when unplugging and plugging in - Similar Threads - Blank Edge legacy

2. Blank icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank icon on taskbar: When ever I open any app not pinned to taskbar it displays blank icon instead of its real icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icon-on-taskbar/2d5ccfc2-598f-4155-bd95-33f10c7b785b
  3. The edge of my taskbar is visible even when hidden?

in Windows 10 Support
    The edge of my taskbar is visible even when hidden?: If you look at the image below you will see that the very edge of my taskbar is showing at the bottom of the screen. This also sometimes appears in full screen mode when watching videos. I tried resetting windows explorer and resetting my taskbar settings but that didn't seem...
  4. Ctrl key stuck on even when keyboard unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl key stuck on even when keyboard unplugged: Hi there, I’m stumped. Two weeks ago, my computerstarting behaving odd: -my mouse wheel was zooming apps in and out -when working on text documents the last thing I had copiedwould suddenly paste infinitely -none of my letters worked to type -when I started to look on the...
  5. Why is Edge showing up as a blank icon on my taskbar when I run it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is Edge showing up as a blank icon on my taskbar when I run it?: No other app does this: Edge shows up as a blank white paper icon when I run it. On the desktop and on the start menu, it has an icon, even pinning it to the taskbar shows it having an icon, but when I run it, a new icon appears (the blank page) and I can't seem to fix it! I...
  6. Blank icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank icons on the taskbar: There is a problem that happened to my computer just now. This also happened to my 2014 computer. Any help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AefGYg88SyM Information on Winver: Microsoft Windows Version 10.0 Build 10240 c 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved....
  7. My Laptop thinks theres a mouse plugged in even when unplugged

My Laptop thinks theres a mouse plugged in even when unplugged: The mouse I am using is a Logitech g502. In the device manager, it says there are 3 mice 1 mouse is the USB mice that plugged in and another mouse is my touchpad the other mice is a "virtual mice" and its location is G hub software of the g502. I use a feature called disable...
  8. My computer thinks theres a mouse plugged in even when unplugged

My computer thinks theres a mouse plugged in even when unplugged: The mouse I am using is a Logitech g502. In the device manager, it says there are 3 mice 1 mouse is the USB mice that plugged in and another mouse is my touchpad the other mice is a "virtual mice" and its location is G hub software of the g502. I use a feature called disable...
  9. Blank Screen when unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blank Screen when unplugged: I have an ASUS x555l laptop running Windows 10, which has all the appropriate updates since I bought the laptop in 2015 and installed Windows 10 as a free download when it was made available. My problem is that when I am on battery power, the screen immediately goes blank...
  10. Edge icon blank in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge icon blank in taskbar: Any way to fix this easily please? [img] [img] Thanks 36195

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot