Windows 10: Blank files preview

Discus and support Blank files preview in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have been encountering a recurring problem . Whenever i open a folder it show like this (blank preview files) I tried all this methods but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GhassenGardabou, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Blank files preview

Hello,

I have been encountering a recurring problem . Whenever i open a folder it show like this (blank preview files)

I tried all this methods but nothing seems to work :

• deactivating the "Always show icon, never thumbnails" option.
    • cleaning thumbnails cache.
    • scan my computer with Avira antivirus.
    • sfc / scannow.
    • Performance Settings "let windows choose .....".

Blank files preview 71badd4f-9181-4369-9f01-72f39cec50f0?upload=true.jpg

:)

GhassenGardabou, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Blank files preview

preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Blank files preview

1. Blank files preview - Similar Threads - Blank files preview

2. How to FIX Windows Explorer blank preview pane for all files apart pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to FIX Windows Explorer blank preview pane for all files apart pictures: It's not actually a question but an answer. I just don't have a clue how to answer to an original post as it says it's locked so I thought to create this one as I would like to help other to find a solution to the same problem I have been having. For over two years I have...
  3. How to FIX Windows Explorer blank preview pane for all files apart pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to FIX Windows Explorer blank preview pane for all files apart pictures: It's not actually a question but an answer. I just don't have a clue how to answer to an original post as it says it's locked so I thought to create this one as I would like to help other to find a solution to the same problem I have been having. For over two years I have...
  4. Blank Windows 11 Preview Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Windows 11 Preview Pane: My Windows 11 Preview Pane is blank after a Windows 11 update. It does not even display "No preview pane available". It is totally blank. It only display jpg, ico and bmp files in the preview pane. It doesn't display Microsoft Office and pdf files. I have spent over a month...
  5. Blank Windows 11 Preview Pane

Blank Windows 11 Preview Pane: My Windows 11 Preview Pane is blank after a Windows 11 update. It does not even display "No preview pane available". It is totally blank. It only display jpg, ico and bmp files in the preview pane. It doesn't display Microsoft Office and pdf files. I have spent over a month...
  6. File Explorer is Blank????

File Explorer is Blank????: The problem is that everything is blank. When I try to open it to upload a picture in places like discord or here, it works fine, but when I open File Explorer on its own it has this issue. I've tried to go to the "view" menu and reset defaults, I've tried a command prompt...
  7. Preview pane is blank for every file except images and videos.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview pane is blank for every file except images and videos.: Hello, Recently I've discovered that Preview pane in Explorer Win 10 x64 20H2 shows absolutely blank screen No "No preview available" or other messages, just empty space for every file txt, pdf, docx, xlsx, pptx, html, xml, ai and some others except images and videos. Show...
  8. Blank file in ThisPC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank file in ThisPC: [ATTACH] after creating a custom navigation pane folder path this blank white file is showing next to my C drive https://preview.redd.it/3nauoi6dt3l41.png?width=1479&format=png&auto=webp&s=2c6419d0c9dbfd5b979b9260c7fadd295eaf65ea...
  9. No file preview in the preview pane and file explore

No file preview in the preview pane and file explore: This is an ongoing, intermittent problem. For no apparent reason, my documents well stop being previewed in the previewed pain of file Explorer. Today, Word docs are previewing, but it takes a long time for them to appear. PDF docs are not previewing at all. Yesterday,...
  10. preview files

preview files: I can not get to view files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-files/355504c2-fd7c-428a-9457-ecc9c8e85223"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 blank preview pane