Windows 10: blank icon for .mht files

Discus and support blank icon for .mht files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 pro, creators update, Firefox 54.0b10 & 53.0.3x64 I use the "Mozilla Archive Format" Firefox addon, which allows me to save .mht files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kitpzyxmsir, May 24, 2017.

1. blank icon for .mht files

Windows 10 pro, creators update, Firefox 54.0b10 & 53.0.3x64

I use the "Mozilla Archive Format" Firefox addon, which allows me to save .mht files from Firefox.

The problem is the files have a "blank" where the Firefox icon should be. I remember having this problem in the past with XP. If I'm not mistaken I used "Folder Options > File Types" to associate .mht files with the Firefox icon.

In Windows 10, the "File Types" feature has been eliminated.

Firefox is the default browser, but saving a ,mht file from Internet Explorer also ends up with a blank icon, so it appears to be a Windows 10 problem, not the browser.

I tried a third party tool, FileTypesMan, which works similarly in most cases, and pointed .mht to the Firefox executable for the default icon.

I went to "Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program", and it shows that .mht is associated with Firefox, but there are quite a few file types there with "blank" icons, including .mht, but it doesn't fix this problem.

thanks

:)

kitpzyxmsir, May 24, 2017
  2. Hoppsala Win User

Internet Explorer not saving all pictures within .mht file

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem saving a webpage as a .mht file in Internet Explorer 11 @ Windows 10. (Same problem exists in Firefox 40.0.3 with unmht addon, for that matter.)

I am trying to save the following webpage as a mht:

The Chernobyl Story [Updated & Expanded]

But only 5-10 pictures are saved within that mht, the rest is left blank and not saved.

Is anyone else having that problem?

Any ideas, what the issue could be? And how one could eliminate or at least circumvent it?^^

Any help would be grately appreciated. blank icon for .mht files :)

Hoppsala, May 24, 2017
  3. JerryTr Win User
    Unable to open MHT-files with Windows Phone 8

Hi all,

I can't manage to open MHT-files using the Windows Phone 8.

Microsoft created the standard and so I'm surprised that it seems not to work.

I could't find any App (like MHT Viewer) or IE add-in that could help.

Is there no way to open MHT-files using the Windows Phone?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Jerry

JerryTr, May 24, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

blank icon for .mht files

What actually happens if you double click on an mht file? Which program is launched?

And is it actually associated with Firefox? (See below).

blank icon for .mht files [​IMG]

- the control panel, default programs should do what you need

OR Settings:

or you could set the default via rt click on an mht, then click Open With and set the default that way.

Assuming the default for mht is Firefox, the question would be why the icon isn't correct.

Note this:

- but there are still file types I can associate with it manually... Hmm.

dalchina, May 25, 2017
Thema:

blank icon for .mht files

1. blank icon for .mht files - Similar Threads - blank icon mht

2. How to print a mht file to pdf using powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to print a mht file to pdf using powershell: Hi,I am trying to convert bulk mht files to pdf. I cant use third party tools/applications to do so.Hence decided to go with powershell scripting wherein I want to open the mht files and print it to pdf.Works almost fine but do not capture the images in MHT.Any help would be...
  3. file exloper icon blank????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file exloper icon blank????: we built this computer this year then i opened a new local account since then why is it like this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-exloper-icon-blank/bb9b6eef-70b2-42f2-91f5-9c775d40c7dc
  4. file exloper icon blank????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file exloper icon blank????: we built this computer this year then i opened a new local account since then why is it like this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-exloper-icon-blank/bb9b6eef-70b2-42f2-91f5-9c775d40c7dc
  5. file exloper icon blank????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. What App to use to open a .mht file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What App to use to open a .mht file?: I downloaded the MHTViewer from the Windows Store but it won't open my Windows Steps Recorder files. I would appreciate very much another suggestion that can view a .mht file that has pictures mixed with text. 134338
  7. Unable to open .mht files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open .mht files: I am running Windows 10 and I cannot open .mht files, even when I am the one who saved them to this computer and on this software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-mht-files/84d6c0a5-57c4-4f60-aa68-3955f445ff4b"
  8. default app for mht files issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    default app for mht files issues: Windows isn't letting me change the default app associated with mht and mhtml files to anything but the old Internet Explorer, and Internet Explorer throws an error page indicating it's unable to open the files. Basically, I cannot open mass marketing emails in a browser. How...
  9. File Explorer Icons blank

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Icons blank: After reinstalling Windows 10 my Word and data file icons were blank. I found in C:\windows\SHELLNEWthat the WINWORD8.DOC icon was blank so I changed it to the correct icon and itfixed my problems! See image: 90226
  10. Icon for cmd.exe blank in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon for cmd.exe blank in File Explorer: The icon for cmd.exe is a blank file as in the image. [img] You can see the icon is correct in the properties window. [img] This is a recent clean install of windows about a week ago. Not sure when they changed but I do remember having the icon correct after the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my .mht files icon is blank