Windows 10: Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app

Discus and support Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey, This blank icon appeared after i uninstalled spotify because it was acting up. The uninstallation process took a while, it seemed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aleksas1275, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app

Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app ukX7FCw_eedT5KLv7bUoWKISqJ05FkJ1vEB3X6guFLY.jpg

Hey,

This blank icon appeared after i uninstalled spotify because it was acting up. The uninstallation process took a while, it seemed that it didn't want to uninstall so i restarted my laptop to see if it would help, and it did, the app is gone (i reinstalled spotify after) howerver, it left behind a blank icon. Pinning and opening it doesn't do anything.

Is there any way to get rid of this?

https://preview.redd.it/yfsfpxw7b6f...bp&s=990ffea61142c9f6dd538317cdb41d99331ef084

submitted by /u/aleksas1275
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aleksas1275, Aug 5, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Icons Blank/Missing After Windows Update

I noticed this too but not on any Office or Store Apps. This worked for me, for the few that were affected with a blank page icon- go to Program Files, locate the exe for, say, VLC, and right click send shortcut to desktop. That will display correct icon. Drag shortcut to All Apps list or pin to taskbar and click replace, if prompted. The rebuild icon tutorial suggested may help with the Store or Office apps. Good Luck

mrgeek, Aug 5, 2020
  3. KilliK Win User
    Native Windows Apps have blank icons in taskbar.

Hello.

I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro 64bit to the Fall Creators update.
    Everything is working fine after the update except the native modern apps whi
    When I open them, their icons are missing from the taskbar and also from their thumbnails.
    If I search for the apps through Cortana, the apps appear without their icons as well.

This is only happening with the native modern apps like Store, PC Settings and Edge.
    Third party apps like Flipboard dont have this problem, their icon is shown everywhere.
    To clarify, the problematic apps do work normally, it's their icon that is only missing.

Here are some screenshots to see the problem for yourselves:

Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app [​IMG]

Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app [​IMG]

I used google and discovered that this is a common problem which appears after the Fall Creators upgrade. I followed several solutions but with no success. (sfc, dism, powershell,etc).
    I am asking here in case someone has any other suggestion on how to fix this. Clean install is not an option.

in any case, thanks for taking your time to read this.

KilliK, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app

Blank icons in taskbar on Windows 2016

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Confirm the said application you're using so we could fully understand the cause of the issue.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest restarting the Explorer.exe on the Task Manager. This may help resolve the issue with blank icons on the Taskbar. Refer to the steps below:

1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del, then select Task Manager.

2. On the Task Manager window, click on More Details at the bottom left if it doesn't shows the
    Processes tab.

3. Scroll down the list of the Windows processes and locate Windows Explorer and right-click on it and select
    Restart.

Note: The desktop icons and the Taskbar will refresh and will be gone for a moment after this process. It should reappear automatically.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app

1. Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app - Similar Threads - Blank icon taskbar

2. Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation: I migrated from Windows 10 to Windows 11, on a Dell Inspiron laptop, was successful. However after hibernation most of the taskbar icons are blank. They do exist as I can click on the blank space to activate each application. The "fix" is to restart File Explorer via the task...
  3. Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation: I migrated from Windows 10 to Windows 11, on a Dell Inspiron laptop, was successful. However after hibernation most of the taskbar icons are blank. They do exist as I can click on the blank space to activate each application. The "fix" is to restart File Explorer via the task...
  4. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps: I have a mystery and am wondering if it can be cleared/cleaned.In my Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Select which icons appear on the taskbarI have 3 applications which were uninstalled and yet still appear in this list. I do realize it's not causing problems, I...
  5. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps: I have a mystery and am wondering if it can be cleared/cleaned.In my Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Select which icons appear on the taskbarI have 3 applications which were uninstalled and yet still appear in this list. I do realize it's not causing problems, I...
  6. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Blank icon on taskbar

Blank icon on taskbar: When ever I open any app not pinned to taskbar it displays blank icon instead of its real icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icon-on-taskbar/2d5ccfc2-598f-4155-bd95-33f10c7b785b
  8. Default/blank app icons on taskbar

Default/blank app icons on taskbar: About 50% of the time so far exactly every other time over several restarts I get the default application icons for anything I personally pinned to the task bar. This is a brand-new, fresh install of Windows 10 that I downloaded yesterday with the USB Creator Tool. I have...
  9. Blank icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank icons on the taskbar: There is a problem that happened to my computer just now. This also happened to my 2014 computer. Any help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AefGYg88SyM Information on Winver: Microsoft Windows Version 10.0 Build 10240 c 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved....
  10. Latest Calculator App Taskbar Icon Blank

Latest Calculator App Taskbar Icon Blank: Since the update to the Calculator app v 10.1906.53.0 today, the taskbar icon is now blank - the other apps work OK. Has anyone else noticed this? 138916