Windows 10: Blank icons + non-responsiveness after start-up

Discus and support Blank icons + non-responsiveness after start-up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In relation to another post, I had a similar problem. I then cleaned up my desktop and removed several icons linking to programs that I no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CloudSurfer Samoa, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Blank icons + non-responsiveness after start-up

In relation to another post, I had a similar problem. I then cleaned up my desktop and removed several icons linking to programs that I no longer need on my desktop now that the start menu provides that function. Voila! The freezes with blank icons stopped happening. I must have removed a corrupt icon that was freezing the start-up. I am posting this as I have not seen this suggestion in relation to this problem.

A simple trial would be to go to your desktop folder (C:\Users\%profile%\Desktop and move all the icons and folders to a temporary location. See if that cures your start-up blues and then, if it does, gradually reintroduce those links that you REALLY need on your desktop. If the freeze reappears, then it is due to one of the recently reintroduced icons.

I hope this helps people.

:)

CloudSurfer Samoa, Aug 17, 2019

2. Blank icons + non-responsiveness after startup

Blank icons + non-responsiveness after start-up 70a1f4c1-0795-46a6-83a4-2c6ab0326a21.png

Here's a screenshot of my desktop after following DhickyCarey's suggestion. Please excuse the anime background.

The desktop icons are still non-responsive. I click on them (as you can see the "Stuff" folder is highlighted after being clicked on) but it will not open until about a minute later. At that time everything clicked on will open which is often that folder,
    twice, and the taskbar icons will appear (they are missing as shown in the screenshot).

JamesBridge945, Aug 17, 2019
  3. O0mix0O Win User
    O0mix0O, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Blank icons + non-responsiveness after start-up

Blank icons + non-responsiveness after startup

Thank you DhickyCarey. I tried this and it has helped a bit. The desktop icons now appear. However, the taskbar icons do not. Also, the desktop icons are still non-responsive for a minute or so after startup.

JamesBridge945, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Blank icons + non-responsiveness after start-up

1. Blank icons + non-responsiveness after start-up - Similar Threads - Blank icons non

2. Taskbar non-responsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar non-responsive.: Hello, The icons on my taskbar are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-non-responsive/f4f5d46a-6335-40e1-9fc4-23e04a991850
  3. Taskbar non-responsive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar non-responsive.: Hello, The icons on my taskbar are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-non-responsive/f4f5d46a-6335-40e1-9fc4-23e04a991850
  4. Windows button and start icon are non-responsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows button and start icon are non-responsive: Hello,My Windows Start Button was not responsive. I had the IT department at my college attempt a repair remotely. The tech was able to get the start icon to respond, but only when set to open in full-screen mode. Updates have been performed, I have re-started a couple of...
  5. Windows button and start icon are non-responsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows button and start icon are non-responsive: Hello,My Windows Start Button was not responsive. I had the IT department at my college attempt a repair remotely. The tech was able to get the start icon to respond, but only when set to open in full-screen mode. Updates have been performed, I have re-started a couple of...
  6. Windows button and start icon are non-responsive

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Start Menu Tile Blank After Changing Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tile Blank After Changing Icon: I have an Access shortcut to my database which I store in the Users....Star Menu/Startup. The tile in the start menu is blank when I unpin it and then repin it with the new icon. I even changed it back to the default icon and it didn't help. Now I must re-create the...
  8. Poor Start up response

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Poor Start up response: When booting my PC (running Windows 10 Home Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.1158) it seems to use 50% of the disk for up to ten minutes, and everything runs very slow. I ran HD Sentinel and got the following response - [img] Is this as critical as it suggests, and do I only...
  9. Edge non-responsive after Creators Update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge non-responsive after Creators Update: Edge is unresponsive after the Creators Update (opens to blank page, Home button won't work and can't even type anything in address bar). Most hamburger menu items on right work except New Window and Zoom and extensions lost. All previous settings like Home page, Save...
  10. Blank Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Start Menu Icons: Since my upgrade from windows 7, all my start menu icons are blank. I've tried deleting the icon cache.db file, doesn't help. [img] 17233