Windows 10: Blank icons. Not all of them but all the steam games look like this.

Discus and support Blank icons. Not all of them but all the steam games look like this. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/merlin69-420 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/merlin69-420, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Blank icons. Not all of them but all the steam games look like this.

/u/merlin69-420, Sep 1, 2020

2. Icons from game launchers (Steam/Epic/uPlay/etc) are blank and don't work

Hey, not 100% what catagory to put this in, but the shortcut icons from game launchers don't work and are blank for me. They all end in .url.

I've rebuilt my icon cache, and did troubleshooting steps with Steam (verifying game files, can't remember others), but it never seems to work. Ironically, only the Microsoft Store icons work, but they are a live tile or something, not quite the same thing.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

adamthemute, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Blank icons. Not all of them but all the steam games look like this.

Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Blank icons. Not all of them but all the steam games look like this.

1. Blank icons. Not all of them but all the steam games look like this. - Similar Threads - Blank icons steam

2. My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.: I tried the suggestion of removing icon cache files from win explorer but they wouldnt delete... error msg said they were open in win explorer. I ran a system check from the admin command prompt. Everything checked out ok. My pic of the icons would not upload. The desktop...
  3. My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.: I tried the suggestion of removing icon cache files from win explorer but they wouldnt delete... error msg said they were open in win explorer. I ran a system check from the admin command prompt. Everything checked out ok. My pic of the icons would not upload. The desktop...
  4. My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. All icons in search are blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All icons in search are blank: When I booted up my PC today for the first time in a few days, I was greeted with all icons missing in the search bar. I have already tried clearing the cache, running a malware scan, and scanning for corrupted files, but nothing has worked. Please tell me if there is...
  6. All icons in search are blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All icons in search are blank: When I booted up my PC today for the first time in a few days, I was greeted with all icons missing in the search bar. I have already tried clearing the cache, running a malware scan, and scanning for corrupted files, but nothing has worked. Please tell me if there is...
  7. All icons in search are blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Steam and all Steam games suddenly started crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Steam and all Steam games suddenly started crashing: All of a sudden my Steam and all Steam games started crashing. These were working until 17/08. I didn't play for a week and they started crashing from 23/08. The only thing that I can think of that i installed during this time is Visual Studio 2015 Community. I tried after...
  9. All game icons appear blank

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All game icons appear blank: Hi everyone I've been having this problem for some time now and I've searched everywhere and nothing was able to fix it. As the title says all the games icons (both from Steam or Epic Games) install normally but the icon is blank and sometimes it displays the name of the...
  10. all wondows games in one file like steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all wondows games in one file like steam: hello :) i think windows games need to be like steam by using one folder to install games in :) so you can move this folder to D drive and keep the SSD for windows what do you think :)...