Windows 10: Blank Icons Windows 10

Discus and support Blank Icons Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am having a problem in Windows 10 version 1709 build 16299.904. Somehow a few days ago some icons went blank especially Microsoft product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GracefulDesert8, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Blank Icons Windows 10

Hi,

I am having a problem in Windows 10 version 1709 build 16299.904. Somehow a few days ago some icons went blank especially Microsoft product icons, like Word, Excel, Outlook and some other application icons but not all of them.

I did several icon cache rebuild like the one in the following link:

https://www.howtogeek.com/232779/how-to-rebuild-a-broken-icon-cache-in-windows-10/

Although I can see the icon cache files are being regenerated by explorer process, once I restart my laptop, the remain the same: blank or unknown icon.

I created a new user and the icons remains blank for the same apps once I login with that user.

Not sure if has something to be with corrupt files or a bad Ms office update.

Could you please help me to solve it?

:)

GracefulDesert8, Feb 11, 2019
  2. O0mix0O Win User
    O0mix0O, Feb 11, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

It's not fixed, today my GPU-Z icon is a blank shortcut icon again..
    And it says GPU-Z.exe does not contain an icon

Blank Icons Windows 10 gpu-z-blank-icon-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Blank Icons Windows 10

Icons blank

Hello,

This started happening after about 10 months of using Windows 10. When I click on the start menu, some icons populate and some are blank. If I hover over them, I get a dialog box of what each icon is for.

Any suggestions on how to stop this?

Thank you

Blank Icons Windows 10 [​IMG]

Windowsfree, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Blank Icons Windows 10

1. Blank Icons Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Blank Icons

2. Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons: Hi, I just bought a new Asus Zenbook Laptop and the start menu are displaying i assume are shortcuts or command lines to different apps like : ms-resource:appname ms-resource:LensSDK/Resources/ApptitleetcThere are about 15 of them. Also some icons are just blank, i tried...
  3. Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons: Hi, I just bought a new Asus Zenbook Laptop and the start menu are displaying i assume are shortcuts or command lines to different apps like : ms-resource:appname ms-resource:LensSDK/Resources/ApptitleetcThere are about 15 of them. Also some icons are just blank, i tried...
  4. Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10: It's happened for a while and I've never found an answer to fix it, but on the notification area and system tray, icons will just appear that are blank and do nothing. Sometimes icons will appear that go away when I hover over it. Uploading images here isn't working for me...
  5. Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10

Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10: It's happened for a while and I've never found an answer to fix it, but on the notification area and system tray, icons will just appear that are blank and do nothing. Sometimes icons will appear that go away when I hover over it. Uploading images here isn't working for me...
  6. Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.: So, I booted my computer up and it said scanning disk so I thought that was a bit weird.Then, it booted and the icons for all apps were gone, the windows icon button wasn't working, the search bar wasn't working, I couldn't open file explorer and when I tries the sfc /scannow...
  8. All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.: So, I booted my computer up and it said scanning disk so I thought that was a bit weird.Then, it booted and the icons for all apps were gone, the windows icon button wasn't working, the search bar wasn't working, I couldn't open file explorer and when I tries the sfc /scannow...
  9. All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.

10. Blank icons in Windows 11 - The same overposted solutions everyone keeps shoveling DO NOT WORK.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank icons in Windows 11 - The same overposted solutions everyone keeps shoveling DO NOT WORK.: There are way too many people having icons turn blank, and thanks to the karma farmers I believe that even the macaques in the jungle know to try: Unpin/repin the app. sfc /scannowdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthClear the iconcache and restart Explorer or reboot the...