Windows 10: blank laptop monitor

Discus and support blank laptop monitor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why is my laptop monitor blank but external monitor is not blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by larryspencer112, May 17, 2022.

1. blank laptop monitor

Why is my laptop monitor blank but external monitor is not blank

:)

larryspencer112, May 17, 2022
  2. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 17, 2022
  3. External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

I suggest you to reinstall the monitor drivers form the manufacturer website and check if it helps. Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Monitor driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that
      and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    Refer the below link for the same.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=VCFD2

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 17, 2022
  4. delpi767 Win User

blank laptop monitor

No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update.

I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one display is shown.

I have confirmed that the monitor works by trying it with another laptop. I have also changed the HDMI cable between the laptop and the external monitor.

Device manager reports that I have the latest display driver installed.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

delpi767, May 17, 2022
Thema:

blank laptop monitor

1. blank laptop monitor - Similar Threads - blank laptop monitor

2. Windows 11 - Laptop Computer and Dual Monitor Blanking Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Laptop Computer and Dual Monitor Blanking Problem: I am using a new Dell Vostro 7620 laptop that came with Windows 11 OEM Installation, with a Dell Thunderbolt dock, Model WD22TB4, using Dell flat screen dual monitors - the monitors frequently just go blank for several seconds black screen, but still on as evidenced by the...
  3. Windows 11 - Laptop Computer and Dual Monitor Blanking Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Laptop Computer and Dual Monitor Blanking Problem: I am using a new Dell Vostro 7620 laptop that came with Windows 11 OEM Installation, with a Dell Thunderbolt dock, Model WD22TB4, using Dell flat screen dual monitors - the monitors frequently just go blank for several seconds black screen, but still on as evidenced by the...
  4. blank laptop monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blank laptop monitor: Why is my laptop monitor blank but external monitor is not blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-laptop-monitor/56875dcc-7090-4fa0-a6ee-2dc5be853cfb
  5. blank laptop monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blank laptop monitor: Why is my laptop monitor blank but external monitor is not blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-laptop-monitor/56875dcc-7090-4fa0-a6ee-2dc5be853cfb
  6. Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.: Win10 Home Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.985 just updated before posting, was having problem in 20H2 also.I have a laptop with an external monitor attached. It has worked for several years now. Yesterday it broke..The second monitor is not getting a signal . If I turn the...
  7. Monitor gone blank

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor gone blank: I am using a CloudGate CG Mini PC running Windows 10, I am using a TV as a monitor. When I first ran it it indicated I had two monitors I only had the TV and each time I opened a window it would open on the Other screen, yes I could move it over until it appeared on my...
  8. Reliability Monitor is blank

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reliability Monitor is blank: I check Security and Maintenance\Reliability Monitor every so often but recently it has completely stopped showing reports/events. It used to show minor app crashes and events like Windows Defender updates but now shows nothing. I cleared "reported problems" hoping it would...
  9. Reliability Monitor is blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Reliability Monitor is blank: I check Security and Maintenance\Reliability Monitor every so often but recently it has completely stopped showing reports/events. It used to show minor app crashes and events like Windows Defender updates but now shows nothing. I cleared "reported problems" hoping it would...
  10. No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank: After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update. I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one...