Windows 10: Blank picture files and ISO file icons and some programs in Start menu

Discus and support Blank picture files and ISO file icons and some programs in Start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried every possible way to solve the problem you can see here: [img] I reset icon and thumbnail cache, I reset file associations, I reset photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gio91ber, Oct 26, 2019.

1. gio91ber Win User

Blank picture files and ISO file icons and some programs in Start menu

I tried every possible way to solve the problem you can see here:

Blank picture files and ISO file icons and some programs in Start menu [​IMG]

I reset icon and thumbnail cache, I reset file associations, I reset photos but the problem is still there. The thing is when you are in icon view they normally show the thumbnail preview of the image but what's lacking is the generic "picture" icon (such as the mp4 file just above that).
    The iso file icon is instead blank both in details and icons view.
    What am I supposed to do?

Also the Adobe Reader icon is blank, even if only in the start menu (as the shortcut both shows normal in explorer and pinned on the taskbar). I also tried reinstalling it.

Blank picture files and ISO file icons and some programs in Start menu [​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

:)

gio91ber, Oct 26, 2019

2. Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Try removing that icon from the start menu, going to profram file folder for firefox, and doing "pin 2 start menu".

oli_ramsay, Oct 26, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

Thema:

1. Blank picture files and ISO file icons and some programs in Start menu - Similar Threads - Blank picture files

2. start menu icons are all blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu icons are all blank: I have my start menu open however all icons are blank with only names on it. You will be able to open apps in start menu however the icons is all like folders and no certain picture....
  3. start menu icons are all blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu icons are all blank: I have my start menu open however all icons are blank with only names on it. You will be able to open apps in start menu however the icons is all like folders and no certain picture....
  4. start menu icons are all blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Icon files on start menu

Icon files on start menu: [ATTACH]Earlier this icon came when there were folder on Start Menu, like Windows System and all [ATTACH]But now these icon come for Windows System and all Any ideas how to return back the earlier format??...
  6. Profile picture, Start Menu and Renaming files

Profile picture, Start Menu and Renaming files: Hello! I am having a little trouble with my computer, my start menu does not work, it only comes up but i can't do anything. I can´t change my profile picture on my computer and when i trie to rename my files a popup window comes up saying ''Can´t find the scecified file''....
  7. Blank Application Icons In Start Menu

Blank Application Icons In Start Menu: My apps in the start menu currently have no icons on them as seen in photo Also my Settings shortcut in Start does also not work[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-application-icons-in-start-menu/12fcece1-2494-4826-9acc-75e1e9245108
  8. Start Menu and Blank icons. Literally.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and Blank icons. Literally.: I can't open the start menu and I don't know why. The only thing I can do to it is right-click, nothing else. I cannot left-click it or even use the windows button. Also, there are two of my apps - Store and Microsoft Edge - have a blank icon. I can't open them nor unpin them...
  9. Blank Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Start Menu Icons: Since my upgrade from windows 7, all my start menu icons are blank. I've tried deleting the icon cache.db file, doesn't help. [img] 17233
  10. Start menu icons gone for some programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons gone for some programs: yo! All of a sudden the battle.net, chrome and evernote lost it's icons but they still work. how, why? 38027