Windows 10: Blank program when shutting off

Discus and support Blank program when shutting off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Heyo, so, I turned off my PC today and as it turned off the usual stuff came up, steam is stopping the system from shutting down yada yada goes away in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/P3p514, Jan 11, 2021.

1. /u/P3p514 Win User

Blank program when shutting off

Heyo, so, I turned off my PC today and as it turned off the usual stuff came up, steam is stopping the system from shutting down yada yada goes away in a few seconds, but today a weird blank program showed up with it, it had no icon and no name too, I'd wager it's probably Origin or the Brave browser, but because I might be slowly turning into a paranoid mess I'd like to hear other people's opinions, any guesses?

submitted by /u/P3p514
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/P3p514, Jan 11, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Computer in sleep mode shuts down open programs

When your computer is in hibernate mode, does all your programs have been shut off or closed? May we know what's the specific program that you use? Let's try to reset Power schemes. Please follow the steps below:

• Right on Start button, > select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below:
    powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

• When finished, close the command prompt then reboot your PC.

Keep us updated with results.

Carlo Fer, Jan 11, 2021
  4. 米托 Win User

unknown program preventing win 10 from shutting down

Windows 10 Professional 17134

For most of the time, I have this notice saying "the following programs are preventing system from shutting down", or some messages like that, when I try to shut down the system, and in the list, there is always a program with blank name and very general
    icon (literally a window, low resolution). I have no idea what program this is, I tried to find it in process, but there seems no such program. Is there a way to find what program this is? A log tool perhaps? Thank you.

米托, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Blank program when shutting off - Similar Threads - Blank program shutting

2. Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off: After the shutdown button in the menu is clicked it does nothing and the computer returns to what I was doing before I can use the computer as if I hadn't clicked the option but then it shuts off abruptly and its heavily delayed from my initial click of the shutdown option...
  3. Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off: After the shutdown button in the menu is clicked it does nothing and the computer returns to what I was doing before I can use the computer as if I hadn't clicked the option but then it shuts off abruptly and its heavily delayed from my initial click of the shutdown option...
  4. Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to get completely blank screen when display is shut off.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to get completely blank screen when display is shut off.: Windows 10 - 1909 Using Control Panel > All CP Items > Power Option > Edit Power plan settings. I can set the timeout for the screen - it's an external monitor connected to a notebook computer. For experimenting, I set the value to 1 minute under "When plugged in", and the...
  6. How to get completely blank screen when display is shut off.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get completely blank screen when display is shut off.: Windows 10 - 1909 Using Control Panel > All CP Items > Power Option > Edit Power plan settings. I can set the timeout for the screen - it's an external monitor connected to a notebook computer. For experimenting, I set the value to 1 minute under "When plugged in", and the...
  7. blank program icon

in Windows 10 Support
    blank program icon: groove music icon keeps disappearing and shows a blank white page. i've tried to re-install but when i restart my computer it goes blank again. anybody know how to fix this? 167138
  8. shut off

shut off: my shut and restart icon is missing on my lapto cant shut computer down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-off/bafae3bd-f80b-4a13-8f16-97771df5c1cb
  9. AVR shut off when there is silence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AVR shut off when there is silence: I’ve had audio problems since Windows reinstallation. My AV receiver takes a few seconds to start and when there is silence, Windows shuts off the audio stream and AVR also shuts off. Then I turn on the sound and the process repeats. It’s the first time I’ve faced this issue...
  10. Shutting off?????

Shutting off?????: My Windows 10 laptop keeps shutting off. And this has been happening for a few days now. But i just assumed my battery was dead. But for once i looked at it and it was on 76%. Which doesnt make sense, so i tried looking up the problem but I don’t want to mess up my laptop...