Windows 10: Blank screen after inputting PIN

Discus and support Blank screen after inputting PIN in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Had microsoft update the other day, tried to log into my HP Envy23 today. When booted up computer, went to the screen requesting PIN as normal. Input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveAndrews5, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Blank screen after inputting PIN

Had microsoft update the other day, tried to log into my HP Envy23 today. When booted up computer, went to the screen requesting PIN as normal. Input correct PIN number, computer accepts and then automatically to blank screen. I execute cntrl/alt/del to go to task manager. Left click task manager and screen goes to blank screen without showing task manager.

Help1

:)

SteveAndrews5, Dec 10, 2020

2. Bitlocker Blank blue screen at PIN screen

Our organization requires Laptops to be Encrypted with a PIN #. One of our Laptops is giving me trouble. I have Bitlocker turned on and fully encrypted and have require Startup PIN with TPM in the Require additional authentication at startup in GPEDIT. I also have the Enable use of Bitlocker Authentication Requiring preboot Keyboard input on Slates enabled. When turning on the Laptop Bitlocker comes up with the light blue screen where you enter the PIN but the screen is blank. It doesn't say Bitlocker or have a box to enter the PIN #. Now I can just type the pin # and press enter and it works and loads windows as normal. I obviously can't give this Laptop to a user like this.

Anybody have any suggestions as to a resolution to this issue.
    Thank You.

drew22to375, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Ender Win User

Blank screen after inputting PIN

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Blank screen after inputting PIN

1. Blank screen after inputting PIN - Similar Threads - Blank screen inputting

2. Blank screen after log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen after log in: I'm currently running Windows 11 insider preview build 22621 but after failed to upgrade to build 22621.160, i'm restart my laptop. After log in back, it just show a blank screen with a cursorSo how can I fix it...
  3. Blank screen after log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen after log in: I'm currently running Windows 11 insider preview build 22621 but after failed to upgrade to build 22621.160, i'm restart my laptop. After log in back, it just show a blank screen with a cursorSo how can I fix it...
  4. Stuck at blurry and blank pin screen after Feature 20H2 Update.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck at blurry and blank pin screen after Feature 20H2 Update.: Basically it shows the background of the windows start up screen and all but there's no pin when ever I try to get in it just shows me a blank lock screen. Below is what I see granted this is a screen shot of a video I took of it so motion blur but the point still stands....
  5. blank screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    blank screen after sleep: After waking the computer from sleep it comes a black screen and the computer seems to be working but i am not able to see anything on it. After few moments it automatically restarts. It also happens when i hibernate the laptop. laptop: Acer predator 15 g9 593 71 EH OS:...
  6. Lock screen seizing after initial key input; no pin screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen seizing after initial key input; no pin screen: When I have had my computer on and running for a long time, sometimes the device will just remove the initial screen and then stop, not blurring the lock screen background or opening the pin prompt. It will stay on this screen for hours before returning to the initial...
  7. Blank Screen after Signing In

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Screen after Signing In: Hi I have 2 screens connected to my laptop, both screens have power and visuals prior to signing in. After I sign past the log on screen, 1 of my screens goes completely blank. It still has power but no curser visible. I have tried the plug, the connections, the...
  8. Blank screen after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen after update.: [IMG] Help! My computer will not even let me log in...I hit okay and now it is on a blank screen. Before this I could not access any files on my computer. What is going on? :(...
  9. blank screens after update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    blank screens after update.: after the last windows update i can no longer see some windows. the problem windows appears as a bank white canvas. This was happening with Visual studio but i was able to fix with making some aplication adjustments but it happens with general windows like the VSIX installer....
  10. Bitlocker Blank blue screen at PIN screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Blank blue screen at PIN screen: Our organization requires Laptops to be Encrypted with a PIN #. One of our Laptops is giving me trouble. I have Bitlocker turned on and fully encrypted and have require Startup PIN with TPM in the Require additional authentication at startup in GPEDIT. I also have the Enable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. My laptop screen white after I entered bitlocker password