Windows 10: Blank Screen after latest Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Blank Screen after latest Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop had been working fine until the latest windows 10 update and now when I switch it on it goes past the manufacturers logo and jumps to a blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Graeme Gibson, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Blank Screen after latest Windows 10 Update

My laptop had been working fine until the latest windows 10 update and now when I switch it on it goes past the manufacturers logo and jumps to a blank screen and goes no further, I've tried resetting to a point prior to update and several other suggestions but nothing makes any difference and it just sits with a blank screen no matter how long I wait......

:)

Graeme Gibson, Jan 11, 2019

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Blank Screen after latest Windows 10 Update

Blank screen

Hi Jim,

To isolate your concern regarding the blank screen you're experiencing after putting your device back to landscape mode, kindly answer the following questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried to restart the computer? Does the issue still occur?
    • Have you already downloaded the latest updates for the video card of your computer?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Blank Screen after latest Windows 10 Update

1. Blank Screen after latest Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Blank Screen latest

2. Blank screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen after windows update: recently the built-in monitor in my Lenovo IdeaPad 100-15IBD laptop stopped working after a critical windows update, the the screen worked fine before.After I found out the screen didn't work I connected the laptop to a LG TV through an HDMI cable, however now the system...
  3. Blank screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen after windows update: recently the built-in monitor in my Lenovo IdeaPad 100-15IBD laptop stopped working after a critical windows update, the the screen worked fine before.After I found out the screen didn't work I connected the laptop to a LG TV through an HDMI cable, however now the system...
  4. Blank screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  6. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  7. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Latest windows update to blank screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows update to blank screen: Hello, Here is my issue: Following the latest update of windows which i installed on the 03/07/2021, on startup my laptop computer now has a blank screen instead of the login screen.It is a known issue but i have tried litterally all the solutions proposed and it doesn't...
  9. Blank screen after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen after update.: [IMG] Help! My computer will not even let me log in...I hit okay and now it is on a blank screen. Before this I could not access any files on my computer. What is going on? :(...
  10. blank screens after update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    blank screens after update.: after the last windows update i can no longer see some windows. the problem windows appears as a bank white canvas. This was happening with Visual studio but i was able to fix with making some aplication adjustments but it happens with general windows like the VSIX installer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 can not startup after running critial update

2. blank screen after windows 10 update