Windows 10: Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

Discus and support Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I updated my PC this morning to the latest version, but I get a blank screen once I log in. The screen is blank with the cursor; Problem solving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KennethMcDonald2, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

I updated my PC this morning to the latest version, but I get a blank screen once I log in. The screen is blank with the cursor; Problem solving methods; .- PC restarted .- The video configuration in BIOS was modified to IGD .- Safe Mode Tried every troubleshooting I could think of and I'm stuck.

:)

KennethMcDonald2, Dec 7, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving a blank screen with mouse cursor after login to Windows. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What happens when you boot the computer to Safe Mode?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the section I see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10
    from the article
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 blank screen after boot-up....

Anyone have any luck with this ? Windows appears to boot normally until the screen with the little dots on it. Then it goes black , stays that way for a minute and finally logs on. I`ve already googled this and all the answers boil down to two solutions - disable fast startup and change your graphics driver. Neither rly helped for me tho it did seem to be graphics card related.

Awaiting more expert suggestions from TPU !

francis511, Dec 7, 2021
  4. Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

Windows 10 blank screen after boot-up....

reseat your gpu's disable crossfire

eidairaman1, Dec 7, 2021
Thema:

Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

1. Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Blank screen logging

2. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  3. Blank screen after log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen after log in: I'm currently running Windows 11 insider preview build 22621 but after failed to upgrade to build 22621.160, i'm restart my laptop. After log in back, it just show a blank screen with a cursorSo how can I fix it...
  4. Blank screen after log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen after log in: I'm currently running Windows 11 insider preview build 22621 but after failed to upgrade to build 22621.160, i'm restart my laptop. After log in back, it just show a blank screen with a cursorSo how can I fix it...
  5. Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10: I updated my PC this morning to the latest version, but I get a blank screen once I log in. The screen is blank with the cursor; Problem solving methods; .- PC restarted .- The video configuration in BIOS was modified to IGD .- Safe Mode Tried every troubleshooting I could...
  6. Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10: I updated my PC this morning to the latest version, but I get a blank screen once I log in. The screen is blank with the cursor; Problem solving methods; .- PC restarted .- The video configuration in BIOS was modified to IGD .- Safe Mode Tried every troubleshooting I could...
  7. After logging in Search is blank

After logging in Search is blank: After rebooting, log off and log in, or powering up the Search is blank. Another issue is Wireless does not connect. Everything starts working when the Search is actually returning content. In some cases I just let the laptop sit there and is shows up 20 minutes later or so....
  8. Blank Screen after Restore Windows 10

Blank Screen after Restore Windows 10: So I was having problems with my laptop and did a System Restore to nearly a month ago when a critial update took place. Maybe 2-3 hours it took then I was met with a blank screen and only the cursor swapping to the timer every few seconds. I reset it today and met with the...
  9. Blank screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen with cursor after log in: Hi, first of all I am not tech savvy and I really need help. I am using an ASUS X553S and windows 10. 2 days ago my laptop automatically updated early in the morning when I woke up I can only see a blue screen saying "making sure your apps are ready to go. Do not turn off...
  10. Windows 10 presents blank screen and no log in box

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 presents blank screen and no log in box: I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of days. The system was up and running that day and the next (yesterday 17 September). Today, the screen is blank and the mouse pointer comes up but no login box. I have tried all suggestions on the help forums. to no avail. What should I do?...