Windows 10: Blank Screen after Restore Windows 10

Discus and support Blank Screen after Restore Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I was having problems with my laptop and did a System Restore to nearly a month ago when a critial update took place. Maybe 2-3 hours it took then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CiaraMK, Nov 8, 2018.

1. CiaraMK Win User

Blank Screen after Restore Windows 10

So I was having problems with my laptop and did a System Restore to nearly a month ago when a critial update took place. Maybe 2-3 hours it took then I was met with a blank screen and only the cursor swapping to the timer every few seconds. I reset it today and met with the Asus splashcreen as usual but its back to the black screen. I dont even make it to the login. Any ideas how to solve this?

:)

CiaraMK, Nov 8, 2018

2. Screen blank after performing System restore on Windows 10.

Original Title: Restore problem - Windows 10

I set my PC to a restore point some 1.5 hrs ago. The screen has been blank for at least an hour. Initially the PC light was solid blue now flashing blue - screen still blank.

Any suggestions as to what I should do.

Many thanks

TroubledOneor more, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Blank Screen after Restore Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Blank Screen Restore

2. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  3. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  4. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10: I updated my PC this morning to the latest version, but I get a blank screen once I log in. The screen is blank with the cursor; Problem solving methods; .- PC restarted .- The video configuration in BIOS was modified to IGD .- Safe Mode Tried every troubleshooting I could...
  6. Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10: I updated my PC this morning to the latest version, but I get a blank screen once I log in. The screen is blank with the cursor; Problem solving methods; .- PC restarted .- The video configuration in BIOS was modified to IGD .- Safe Mode Tried every troubleshooting I could...
  7. Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Blank screen for a while after welcoming to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank screen for a while after welcoming to windows 10: its never happened before, anyone know what's causing this? submitted by /u/Adrifzn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mq67k0/blank_screen_for_a_while_after_welcoming_to/
  9. Blank screen after login - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen after login - Windows 10: I have a laptop that I have reloaded windows10 six time. I finally got to the sign in screen but after I sign in I get a blank screen....
  10. Blank screen after Windows 10 logo.

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen after Windows 10 logo.: Hello, So, I was playing a game (Heroes of the Storm) with Firefox running in the background with a YouTube video paused in it. My PC specs: AMD FX-8350 AMD 7850 2GB Graphics (Gigabyte) 12 GB RAM 500 GB SSD 2 × 1 TB HDD Dual Monitor Setup (1 - 1920 × 1080, 2 -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blank screen after restore