Windows 10: Blank Screen after Signing In

Discus and support Blank Screen after Signing In in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have 2 screens connected to my laptop, both screens have power and visuals prior to signing in. After I sign past the log on screen, 1 of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zoe TB, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Zoe TB Win User

Blank Screen after Signing In

Hi

I have 2 screens connected to my laptop, both screens have power and visuals prior to signing in.

After I sign past the log on screen, 1 of my screens goes completely blank.

It still has power but no curser visible. I have tried the plug, the connections, the Windows+Ctrl+Shift+R, the explorer exe, I have unistalled and re-installed the driver and still nothing, the other screen works fine no issues at all.

It rebots up and an image shows up for all of a second then goes blank again after each re-start

Any help greatly appreciated

:)

Zoe TB, Aug 5, 2019

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Aug 5, 2019
  3. ChaimM Win User
    Screen blank after clicking "sign in"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

BTW its not this computer which is the Surface Pro4 set up by Best Buy Geek squad last week and working just fine.

All your suggestions are pure goobledygook to me.

As I said I have a blank screen rendering the computer unsuable - no taskbar, no "roll-back" possibility, no nothing.

Sorry but a trifle frustrated here with a problem which I have no idea how to even approach, never mind resolve.

And I really do not have the time for this either.

I am using my computer by clicking on "user", using the mouse to raise the picture then getting a blank screen.

I then do Alt Control Delete get the blue screen with the list including "task manager" clicking on that and somehow getting to a screen with "desktop" in the menu and then choosing a programme from the desktop list. All this remaining in a small window
    which I then enlarge.

Not why I updated to Windows 10!!!

BTW my Windows 7 was working just fine with no glitches or hassles.

THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM FOR ME!!!

HELP!!

ChaimM, Aug 5, 2019
  4. kodex Win User

Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Blank Screen after Signing In - Similar Threads - Blank Screen Signing

2. Blank screen after log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen after log in: I'm currently running Windows 11 insider preview build 22621 but after failed to upgrade to build 22621.160, i'm restart my laptop. After log in back, it just show a blank screen with a cursorSo how can I fix it...
  3. Blank screen after log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen after log in: I'm currently running Windows 11 insider preview build 22621 but after failed to upgrade to build 22621.160, i'm restart my laptop. After log in back, it just show a blank screen with a cursorSo how can I fix it...
  4. PC turns blank after signing in.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC turns blank after signing in.: Recently my pc started going blank when signing into it, and the only way I know how to fix this is by shutting it down. When the screen goes blank, the mouse is still visible and stuff, any fixes? submitted by /u/EngiV8 [link] [comments]...
  5. blank screen with pointer after signing in

blank screen with pointer after signing in: i tried opening task manager to find windows explorer, i couldn’t find it. i then ran explorer.exe and the task bar and everything started flashing. i also got an error which said sihost unknown hard error. i have tried going into safe mode too. i installed my drivers last...
  6. Cannot sign into apps due to blank screen on sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot sign into apps due to blank screen on sign in: Every once in a while, my OS keeps on losing synch with the password for Outlook and I have no idea why. It goes away and the issue is solved, but now there is a new problem. I cannot sign into my Outlook or my Xbox Game Pass because the account sign in is coming blank. I...
  7. Screen Flashes Blank upon sign in after cumulative update.

Screen Flashes Blank upon sign in after cumulative update.: I posted this question a month back in this Reddit post. The problem occuring is after this update till the sign in screen there are no problems but upon reaching the desktop the screen starts flashing blank and a notification appears that nvidia control panel was not found....
  8. blank screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    blank screen after sleep: After waking the computer from sleep it comes a black screen and the computer seems to be working but i am not able to see anything on it. After few moments it automatically restarts. It also happens when i hibernate the laptop. laptop: Acer predator 15 g9 593 71 EH OS:...
  9. blank screens after update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    blank screens after update.: after the last windows update i can no longer see some windows. the problem windows appears as a bank white canvas. This was happening with Visual studio but i was able to fix with making some aplication adjustments but it happens with general windows like the VSIX installer....
  10. Sign-in Option screen is blank after Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sign-in Option screen is blank after Windows 10 install: After the update, I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop. I was not asked to change my password to a pin. I thought this was odd, because that was the process with another laptop at work that I have successfully updated. Thinking nothing about it, I proceeded, and it looks...