Windows 10: Blank screen after startup until sleep then on lid open can login

Discus and support Blank screen after startup until sleep then on lid open can login in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi This is a bit of an odd one, I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite C670 199, Many reports say that after sleep the screen is blank but for me its the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by wind10newbie, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Blank screen after startup until sleep then on lid open can login

Hi

This is a bit of an odd one, I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite C670 199,

Many reports say that after sleep the screen is blank but for me its the other way around. After switch on the windows 4 pane blue screen with the whirling circle is visible but then the screen goes to lit up but blank and is unresponsive to all the instructions listed on the MS support page at

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-screen-errors

I've checked the drivers using the Intel tool and it confirms they are up to date. When it is loaded there are no rendering problems and the resolution is great, everything is fine.

The solution to the problem is to close the lid, wait until the light goes off, reopen and wake the computer and then 100% of the time it loads the login screen.

Please any ideas on how to approach, everything else is perfect about the upgrade to Windows 10.

Thanks in advance, W10NB

:)

wind10newbie, Sep 24, 2019

2. Blank screen after startup until sleep then on lid open can login

Hi

This is a bit of an odd one, I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite C670 199,

Many reports say that after sleep the screen is blank but for me its the other way around. After switch on the windows 4 pane blue screen with the whirling circle is visible but then the screen goes to lit up but blank and is unresponsive to all the instructions listed on the MS support page at

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-screen-errors

I've checked the drivers using the Intel tool and it confirms they are up to date. When it is loaded there are no rendering problems and the resolution is great, everything is fine.

The solution to the problem is to close the lid, wait until the light goes off, reopen and wake the computer and then 100% of the time it loads the login screen.

Please any ideas on how to approach, everything else is perfect about the upgrade to Windows 10.

Thanks in advance, W10NB

wind10newbie, Sep 24, 2019
  3. JBravo Win User
    Blank screen on startup...

I've got an old Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G motherboard lying around. But I only get a blank screen on startup. I get the ram beeps and everything, just no screen??

Any ideas on where to look for the prob?

Any help would be welcome

JBravo, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Blank screen after startup until sleep then on lid open can login

Screen stays black after opening lid

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you able to boot the device to desktop with black screen from sleep mode?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

Hi, Thank You forgetting back to me so quickly.

To answer your questions:

1. I am NOT able to get from the black screen after I have opened the lid.

2. I'm assuming that when the lid is closed this automatically puts the computer to sleep. I can hear noise in the background, but can not get the black screen to go away without shutting down and rebooting.

3. I did see an error code when this happened, but was unable to read it because I was logging off.

When I restarted the computer, my desktop would not function. IE when I tried clicking on my task bar, nothing would happen. I powered off the computer, turned it on and it came up.

But again, after I leave the computer (with lid down) for more than 15 minutes, the same problem is happening.

I read through some previous suggestions on here, someone suggested to disable sleep/hibernate mode. I did so, and now things seem to be working OK. My concern is, #1 the problem isn't truly fixed, and #2 Will keeping the computer from going into sleep
    or hibernate mode cause issues?

LindaSardou, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Blank screen after startup until sleep then on lid open can login

1. Blank screen after startup until sleep then on lid open can login - Similar Threads - Blank screen startup

2. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screens after sleep: When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button labeled "Login". I would like to bypass these screens and go straight to my home desktop screen. I've tried the Lockscreen...
  3. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login screens after sleep: When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button labeled "Login". I would like to bypass these screens and go straight to my home desktop screen. I've tried the Lockscreen...
  4. white screen after opening the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    white screen after opening the lid: so the computer basicly works naturally but after i close the lid and the computer goes to sleep and open it again all i see is a white screen with only the cursur showing , for the computer to show display again i must power off the computer by holding the power button and...
  5. Screen stays black after opening lid from sleep mode

Screen stays black after opening lid from sleep mode: Simply put, every time I close my laptop lid enters sleep mode and reopen it, the screen stays black. I try waking it up by using my mouse and keyboard but nothing works. I have to do a force shutoff in order to get the screen working again. All of the windows updates are...
  6. blank screen after sleep

blank screen after sleep: After waking the computer from sleep it comes a black screen and the computer seems to be working but i am not able to see anything on it. After few moments it automatically restarts. It also happens when i hibernate the laptop. laptop: Acer predator 15 g9 593 71 EH OS:...
  7. Screen stays black after opening lid/sleep

Screen stays black after opening lid/sleep: My Dell Inspiron is set to sleep when the lid is closed. When I open the lid, the keys light up, and the power button lights up, but the screen stays black and I have to hold the power button to shut the computer down and turn it back on. The computer is up to date with all...
  8. Creators Update : Blank login screen after sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update : Blank login screen after sleep mode?: Hi, I've run into a wide variety of similar issues by searching but none specifically like the one I have, so sorry in advance if this has already been mentioned. This problem started after the Creators Update. Anytime my system goes into sleep mode (I'm on a laptop so...
  9. Blank screen after logo at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen after logo at startup: Hi, I have a Lenovo Flex 2 15 Model 20405. Yesterday, I decided to reformat my laptop to Windows 10. On the near end of the installation, it prompted me to restart the computer (it restarted itself after 10 seconds), but after the Lenovo splash screen, I get a blank black...
  10. Blank screen after startup, no login, no mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen after startup, no login, no mouse pointer: Wonder if anyone could help. Switched on a friend's PC today with Windows 10 fully updated (upgraded from Windows 7 around a month ago), and it loads to where the login screen should be ie after the Windows 10 logo etc, but then the screen is blank. There's no mouse...