Windows 10: blank screen after watching videos in full screen

Discus and support blank screen after watching videos in full screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, After I stream a video in fullscreen mode, when I try to close out of it the screen goes blank- it just turns white. The only way I can get out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nellie845, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Nellie845 Win User

blank screen after watching videos in full screen

Hi,

After I stream a video in fullscreen mode, when I try to close out of it the screen goes blank- it just turns white. The only way I can get out of it is to use ctrl alt delte and bring up the task manager, however I then run into the issue where I attempt to close the program but the option pops up saying do you want to close multiple tabs? and I can't click on it because the screen goes back to being all white.

I have a surface pro 4

:)

Nellie845, Oct 13, 2018

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Blank screen

Hi Jim,

To isolate your concern regarding the blank screen you're experiencing after putting your device back to landscape mode, kindly answer the following questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried to restart the computer? Does the issue still occur?
    • Have you already downloaded the latest updates for the video card of your computer?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Oct 13, 2018
  4. sygnus21 Win User

No BIOS Post and Blank Screen

• Short answer yes. With a dead CMOS battery the BIOS loses its settings so it would be very possible to get a blank screen. If it is a CMOS battery, change it and Load Optimized defaults in BIOS and see how that goes.
    • It's also possible its a hard drive issue though you should at least get something on the screen telling you the system can't find a boot drive.
    • There's also the possibility of a dead GPU. Here, as you noted, you wouldn't get anything at all. Simply a blank screen.
    That said, are you absolutely sure there's nothing on the screen? No warnings, notices, or written text? If you have any text on the screen that's BIOS related, there's a good chance it's not a video card problem.

Unfortunately there are a few things that can cause your issue so you'll have to isolate first to see what's what. Checking the hard drive the way you did is a good start. You could also try installing another hard drive (if you've got one handy) to see what the system does.

Let us know.

sygnus21, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. blank screen after watching videos in full screen - Similar Threads - blank screen watching

2. Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.: After the last update on my laptop I'm using Windows 11 I tried to watch some videos on full screen, however the white lower banner never disappears, making it impossible to enjoy watching Youtube, Netflix, Twitch on full screen.I attached an image of the problem when trying...
  3. Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.: After the last update on my laptop I'm using Windows 11 I tried to watch some videos on full screen, however the white lower banner never disappears, making it impossible to enjoy watching Youtube, Netflix, Twitch on full screen.I attached an image of the problem when trying...
  4. Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen: When watching a video in full screen mode, slight mouse movements keep causing operating overlays to show up. I tried significantly slowing down the mouse speed, but that didn't help.The problem shows up in Firefox, Chrome, Youtube, and Disney +....
  5. Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen: When watching a video in full screen mode, slight mouse movements keep causing operating overlays to show up. I tried significantly slowing down the mouse speed, but that didn't help.The problem shows up in Firefox, Chrome, Youtube, and Disney +....
  6. Was watching a streaming video when my screen just went blank (the color of the screen when...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Was watching a streaming video when my screen just went blank (the color of the screen when...: After a while i just held down the power button to restart it but any idea why it would get stuck like that ? Cause it has never happened before and i know hard reseting it like that can cause damage. submitted by /u/Green_Dayzed [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 automatically adjusting laptop screen brightness when watching full screen video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 automatically adjusting laptop screen brightness when watching full screen video: This is an issue I've only encountered in the last couple of days, I can only assume it's the result of a recent Windows update. It also only appears to relate specifically to the use of VLC media player, it doesn't appear to happen when Netflix/YouTube/Amazon are in full...
  8. Monitor Going Dark when watching a video in full screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Going Dark when watching a video in full screen.: When I watch Netflix or Youtube full screen in my browser the monitor goes black. I can still hear the audio, but no picture. I have to reboot the computer and it works fine again. This only happens during full-screen video and sometimes during a game. I looked online and...
  9. Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen: I don't know why, but ever since this afternoon, Windows decides to crash complete whenever I'm a few minutes or so in watching a YouTube video. It doesn't do it playing intensive games like Grand Theft Auto 5 yet it decides to do it watching a YouTube video. How Windows...
  10. stop notifcations from showing while watching full screen videos?

in Windows 10 Support
    stop notifcations from showing while watching full screen videos?: So I'm watching movies on Jriver media center in full screen and I get notifications from windows 10/cortana going through the videos. Is there a option in windows to prevent this? 69453

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after watching videos screen saver will stay black