Windows 10: Blank screen before login , cant repair, no safe mode, cant update from windows usb , cant...

Discus and support Blank screen before login , cant repair, no safe mode, cant update from windows usb , cant... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; ok so after trying to fix permissions in windows store i restarted to a blank screen and a mouse pointer. Theres no way to login. So i tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/InternationalGrand50, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Blank screen before login , cant repair, no safe mode, cant update from windows usb , cant...

ok so after trying to fix permissions in windows store i restarted to a blank screen and a mouse pointer. Theres no way to login.
    So i tried downloading a windows 10 iso to usb boot drive to see if i can repair. But that didnt work.
    I tried a system restore and thats saying that my bios has changed , which it hasnt in the week since i did the backup.
    Then i tried installing windows but keeping files,apps,etc but the setup says i can only do this from within windows.
    Finally, i tried just re-installing from scratch but it wont let me install onto the same drive, its saying the selected disk has MBR Partition table. Windows can only be installed to GPT disks.
    But this has my existing windows on there, it use to just rename the old one to windows.001 but this wont even get that far. I dont want to convert otherwise i`ll lose all my data on that drive.

Anyone have an idea? I`ve spent 6 hours on this and i feel like i`m just getting further away from having a running pc.
    Thanks

submitted by /u/InternationalGrand50
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/InternationalGrand50, Nov 28, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 28, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    zbook, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Blank screen before login , cant repair, no safe mode, cant update from windows usb , cant...

Black Screen after Windows 10 update, even in safe mode.

I have performed Safe Mode (with Low Resolution graphic), several ways:

• First by pressing Shift, while choosing Restart (on the Login screen, which is the only GUI I see) and the go to Advanced Mode. Result: Black Screen after login succeeds
    • Second, booted dowloaded Win10 DVD ISO from USB drive, and selected Repair. Then choosed the same Advanced Mode - Boot with Low Resolution graphic. Result: Black Screen after login succeeds
    The suggested Control Panel setting, or changes to settings: Its impossible. I have no GUI to get to Control Panel !

Several Boot attempts, after having battery removed for a while, is also giving Result: Black Screen after login succeeds.

I have a tiny Asus - Power left, gadget presenting itself, after Login. No Desktop, Black Screen.

Trying to start Task Scheduler (Ctrol+ Alt + Delete) shows the options: Logoff, Lock, etc

But choosing Task Scheduler shows the 'timer clock' for a few moments, and the screen gets black again.

My remaining hope, is a BIOS update may help...

Rosenberg-IT, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Blank screen before login , cant repair, no safe mode, cant update from windows usb , cant...

1. Blank screen before login , cant repair, no safe mode, cant update from windows usb , cant... - Similar Threads - Blank screen before

2. Cant boot into windows 10 safe mode, cant update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant boot into windows 10 safe mode, cant update: I cant boot in windows 10 safe mode, i cant click the boot option from msconfig menu, when i press shift and restart it brings me to « Choose an option » and i only see the option « Turn off your PC » , i dont see any other option, what do i do?...
  3. Cant boot into windows 10 safe mode, cant update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant boot into windows 10 safe mode, cant update: I cant boot in windows 10 safe mode, i cant click the boot option from msconfig menu, when i press shift and restart it brings me to « Choose an option » and i only see the option « Turn off your PC » , i dont see any other option, what do i do?...
  4. Cant boot into windows 10 safe mode, cant update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Booted in safe mode and cant login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booted in safe mode and cant login: I selected safe mode with registry? Or something of the sort and now i cant login, and i cant bring up the cmnd prompt or my account. I used system. Restore but it did not change anything...
  6. Booted in safe mode and cant login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booted in safe mode and cant login: I selected safe mode with registry? Or something of the sort and now i cant login, and i cant bring up the cmnd prompt or my account. I used system. Restore but it did not change anything...
  7. Blank screen before login , cant repair, no safe mode, cant reinstall!

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen before login , cant repair, no safe mode, cant reinstall!: Hi there, ok so after trying to fix permissions in windows store apps i restarted to a blank screen and a mouse pointer. Theres no way to login. I tried the Advanced Recovery environment reboot 3 times and power off on windows logo but it never enters the recovery...
  8. Cant login or reset after enabling safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant login or reset after enabling safe mode: Hello. Today I tried getting rid of an .ogg file. I looked up how to do so, and followed a guide saying you had to enable safe boot, restart your pc, delete the file, and then disable safe boot. Heres the problem: I turned on safe boot and restarted my computer, but I was...
  9. Login screen freezes, cant get into safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Login screen freezes, cant get into safe mode with networking: Hello, My system freezes at the login window. The spinning circle doesnt make one full revolution before it freezes. I can enter safe mode but I cannot enter safe mode with networking. My windows is loaded on a SSD and I also have a HDD. I have tried unplugging my HDD,...
  10. Cant get to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant get to safe mode: I dont know what in the world is wrong with Windows 10 everyone keeps having problems ever since Windows 10 update. I tried to update and now that it failed, when I turn my pc on it automatically shuts off the moment Windows opens and then turns back on. It keeps repeating...