Windows 10: Blank screen before Login

Discus and support Blank screen before Login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been using window 10 since day one and did a clean install 11/14/19. Started have problems around 6/20/19 upgrade. Now using Windows 10 1909 V... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jim177, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Jim177 Win User

Blank screen before Login

I've been using window 10 since day one and did a clean install 11/14/19. Started have problems around 6/20/19 upgrade.

Now using Windows 10 1909 V 18363.657. It keep getting a blank/black screen before I can see login screen. If i hit my rest button to reboot "once", I can usually get logged in, then my PC works great. However if I have to restart Bios again for a second blank screen, (this doesn't happen all the time), but my bios UEFI at boot. gets disabled. Once I go into bios with F2 key and enable UEFI on startup, then after bios completes (with no blank screen at all.)

If I shut down my pc the cycle starts with a blank screen again. This is ward!
    I'm having others sleep problems but I address them when this is fixed.

My PC is old, Intel MB DZ68BC , Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti card, Intel network adapter 82579V.
    I'm using the last version of Intel bios, which no longer supports.

Also tried all the MS fixes for this and nothing helped.

I don't know if I can flash bios or the mothers board to fix this. Need instructions for this.

:)

Jim177, Feb 13, 2020

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 13, 2020
  4. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Blank screen before Login - Similar Threads - Blank screen before

2. grey screen before login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    grey screen before login: so for some reason for the past few days probably after the latest windows update every time i turn on my pc after the windows loading and before the login screen i get a grey screen it does not affect anything and it goes away after 5-10 seconds and windows starts normally...
  3. blank screen on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blank screen on login screen: when i start my pc everything shows but when the boot is finished and on the login screen my screen becomes blacklike turned off but my pc is still onits normal on safe mode but on start windows normally it doesnti tried everything even system restorealso im running windows...
  4. blank screen on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blank screen on login screen: when i start my pc everything shows but when the boot is finished and on the login screen my screen becomes blacklike turned off but my pc is still onits normal on safe mode but on start windows normally it doesnti tried everything even system restorealso im running windows...
  5. Windows 11 Blank Screen Before Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Blank Screen Before Login: Intermittently on power-up the screen will go blank instead of showing the login page. Windows 11 will sometimes show the Windows logo and spinner for a few seconds before this event occurs. This blank black screen continues for an extended period of time, up to five minutes,...
  6. Windows 11 Blank Screen Before Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Blank Screen Before Login: Intermittently on power-up the screen will go blank instead of showing the login page. Windows 11 will sometimes show the Windows logo and spinner for a few seconds before this event occurs. This blank black screen continues for an extended period of time, up to five minutes,...
  7. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen before login: I was recently doing a system restore after my computer started acting wonky, however, the restore got hung up, so after about 10 hours or so, I gave up and did a hard shutdown. Now when I’m booting up my laptop, i get the Acer splash screen, however, after that I just get a...
  8. Getting a black/blank screen before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a black/blank screen before login: Every time I start windows 10 i get a blank screen before the login screen. If I use the restart button at the from of my PC the Windows 10 splash screen comes on and once I press the space bar I can login. I did a clean install before all this started. I have used all...
  9. Black Screen Before Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen Before Login: After the update of october 2018 update 1809 my laptop is having a problem of black screen before the sign in page. It takes around 8 to 10 seconds to show the lock screen. I don't know what's the problem. I feel so annoying as this is a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and i5...
  10. Blank screen with no login button on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blank screen with no login button on login screen: I turned on my HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 operating system. Usually there was no lock screen but the lock screen was displayed. After I clicked the lock screen, the background just went blank. I think the login screen should be shown. The first photo is the lock...