Windows 10: Blank screen, disabled graphics driver in device manager

Discus and support Blank screen, disabled graphics driver in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a gaming laptop and usually the screen hooked up to my tv as I only using it for gaming. The last time it was being used having no issues,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ash2610, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Ash2610 Win User

Blank screen, disabled graphics driver in device manager

Hi,

I have a gaming laptop and usually the screen hooked up to my tv as I only using it for gaming. The last time it was being used having no issues, was connected to the TV with a HDMI cable, was shut off and I didn’t see any problems.

I didn’t use it it for around a month and went to use the laptop and when I turned it on the laptop screen was completely black, I connected it back to the TV via hdmi like normal and once I did this the screen would show on my tv, when the hdmi cable was removed nothing on the laptop.

Ive spent the day looking around the web for solutions and I saw one that suggested disabling then reenabling the nvidia graphics driver. Without thinking i disabled the graphics driver on my device manager and the screen went black even on my tv. I’ve seen suggestions resetting bios to fix this but don’t seem to be able as the laptop screen was blank prior to this.

Any help anyone can give on this will be great. Right now I’d be more than happy to settle with getting it back to only displaying on my TV.

Ive tried resetting into safe mode but it seems impossible given the fact the screen is blank

:)

Ash2610, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Shortcut to Enable/Disable touch screen drivers in Device Manager?

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

You will be able to create shortcut to device manger but you will not be able to create shortcut to enable/disable a device in device manager.

To create a shortcut to device manager follow the steps below.

• long press the screen where you want to create shortcut.
    • Click on new and then select shortcut.
    • In the blank space type in devmgmt.msc.
    • Click next and follow the wizard.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards

Arun B J, Jul 18, 2020
  3. trt740 Win User
    guys need help here blank device manager

I uninstalled my x800xt and put in a new 9800gtx. The drivers for the gtx won't install competely and my device manager is Blank. I have tried this and it does work http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1051715405 and I tried a disk scan ,used driver sweep and still my card won't install and windows has nothing listed in the device manager , even in safe mode. The ATi driver caused this but I cannot figure out how to fix it. I tried to put the x800xt back in but the ATi drivers won't install right. Help

trt740, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Blank screen, disabled graphics driver in device manager

Cant find graphics card on device manager!

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please share the information:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message while playing or to launch a game?

I suggest you to unhide the hidden drivers in Device Manager by following the steps provided below and check if the Graphic card driver is visible:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Click on View and click on Show Hidden Devices.

Hope this helps. Get back to us with the requested information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Blank screen, disabled graphics driver in device manager

1. Blank screen, disabled graphics driver in device manager - Similar Threads - Blank screen disabled

2. Constant disabled graphics card/drivers in device manager leading to no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant disabled graphics card/drivers in device manager leading to no signal: Every couple hours to days I will have a disabled graphics card. It black screens goes to a loop of no signal until manual pc shutoff where it sets monitor to 1hznormally 165hz. Device managers always shows that the drivers were disabled, enabling it shows code 31. A fix is...
  3. Constant disabled graphics card/drivers in device manager leading to no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant disabled graphics card/drivers in device manager leading to no signal: Every couple hours to days I will have a disabled graphics card. It black screens goes to a loop of no signal until manual pc shutoff where it sets monitor to 1hznormally 165hz. Device managers always shows that the drivers were disabled, enabling it shows code 31. A fix is...
  4. Constant disabled graphics card/drivers in device manager leading to no signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Issue with Graphics Driver Update Resulting in Blank Screen on Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Graphics Driver Update Resulting in Blank Screen on Restart: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a persistent issue I have been encountering with the latest graphics driver updates on my system.Upon updating to the latest version, after the company logo appears during...
  6. Issue with Graphics Driver Update Resulting in Blank Screen on Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Graphics Driver Update Resulting in Blank Screen on Restart: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a persistent issue I have been encountering with the latest graphics driver updates on my system.Upon updating to the latest version, after the company logo appears during...
  7. Devices and Drivers, Graphics

Devices and Drivers, Graphics: Good evening. So, I have this problem with my graphics drivers, whenever I start up the pc, Windows starts using dedicated graphics card Nvidia instead of Intel Integrated graphics card. And it worries me a lot because I must save energy and I want to elongate the lifespan of...
  8. device manager disable

device manager disable: Hello, I have multiple microphones and speakers, it cause me some problems when connect to remote PC. I had disabled one microphone and one speaker in device manager, as shown in picture below : [ATTACH] but this not affecting anything, i still see the disabled devices...
  9. Disabled Graphics Card Drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disabled Graphics Card Drivers: Hey, recently my graphics card drivers have been automatically disabled due to an issue that it doesn't list (windows 10), I've tried quite a lot to re enable them but nothing has seemed to work, I've tried updating the drivers, rolling back the drivers, reinstalling them and...
  10. Error code: 43 in Device Manager for Graphics driver

Error code: 43 in Device Manager for Graphics driver: My pc is an HP Pavilion 15 and the graphics drivers are AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics and AMD Radeon(TM) R8 M445DX. Yes, I've tried installing the drivers through the amd and doesn't work, tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them but keep getting error/code 43. the only...