Windows 10: Blank screen on cold boot

Discus and support Blank screen on cold boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Ideapad 700 15-isk laptop with windows 10 professional x64 installed.I used to have a very old windows installation which used to be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ilyes Ferchiou, Jun 22, 2024.

1. Blank screen on cold boot

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 700 15-isk laptop with windows 10 professional x64 installed.I used to have a very old windows installation which used to be a windows 7 installation that I updated to windows 10 when it rolled out and that I kept maintained updated including 22H2 update and had no issues.I decided to go for a fresh installation and I downloaded the 22H2 version of windows available on Microsoft, created a bootable usb and made a fresh installation. After the installation was over, everything was fine until I turned off my computer using turn off in start menu and when I started it, t

:)

Ilyes Ferchiou, Jun 22, 2024
  2. GoonerUK Win User

blank screen at boot up 4850 could it be voltages?

Hello everyone *Smile Blank screen on cold boot :)
    I've been getting a blank screen at cold boot up the first time i turn my pc on until it gets to desktop also if i leave it off for a couple of hours or leave it idle at desktop for more than a couple of hours it goes blank again,with all these i get a flashing green power light on my monitor. I was looking at the voltages in RBE in the clock setting and see at boot [clock info 00] the voltage is blank, that includes brets bios's and the default bios as well, as well as being blank in 03 06 09. Ive looked at bios's for the 3800 series and they all had voltages of 1.3 in the boot clock.

Could this be why i get a blank screen on a cold boot or after a couple of hours of inactivity,would it be safe to put a voltage value of 1.084 or something similar in the boot clock info 00?? Would if cure my blank screen problem?

GoonerUK, Jun 22, 2024
  3. zbook Win User
    zbook, Jun 22, 2024
  4. zinou Win User

Blank screen on cold boot

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Blank screen on cold boot 179492d1520197201t-5-min-delay-cold-start-between-login-screen-bg-screen-capture1.png

Blank screen on cold boot 179491d1520197173t-5-min-delay-cold-start-between-login-screen-bg-screen-capture.png

zinou, Jun 22, 2024
Thema:

Blank screen on cold boot

1. Blank screen on cold boot - Similar Threads - Blank screen cold

2. Blank screen on cold boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen on cold boot: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 700 15-isk laptop with windows 10 professional x64 installed.I used to have a very old windows installation which used to be a windows 7 installation that I updated to windows 10 when it rolled out and that I kept updated including 22H2 update and had...
  3. Blank screen on cold boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen on cold boot: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 700 15-isk laptop with windows 10 professional x64 installed.I used to have a very old windows installation which used to be a windows 7 installation that I updated to windows 10 when it rolled out and that I kept updated including 22H2 update and had...
  4. Black screen after booting from a cold boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after booting from a cold boot: Hey guys, so whenever I boot my pc especially from a cold state, the pc post, and boots and I get a black screen after loading the icon in the bios. Both my mouse and keyboard don't work and the cursor won't show up. Only RGB lightning works and when I press caps lock or num...
  5. blank screen will not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blank screen will not boot: How can I boot in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-screen-will-not-boot/780d029d-0955-48b6-a9b7-c64d3ab6a6c0
  6. Cold boot just sits at boot screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cold boot just sits at boot screen: This just started happening about a week ago, Clean installed last night. Happened again this morning. Turn computer on > Posts > Shows windows loading screen with the circle spinning, Just sits there indefiantly until I turn it off and back on again then it'll boot. Any...
  7. Black screen after cold boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after cold boot: After a cold boot I get a black screen with no mouse pointer. The computer powers up and the monitor comes on but the manufacturer's logo doesn't show and nothing else appears. After repeatedly powering off (holding power button down) and retrying 5 or 6 times it eventually...
  8. Blank screen with cursor -cold boot - after upgrading to Windows 1803

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank screen with cursor -cold boot - after upgrading to Windows 1803: We have recently upgraded our three iC3D machines to Windows 10 (1803 – build 17134.112) We are experiencing a blank screen with a mouse cursor....
  9. blank screen on boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blank screen on boot: i am booting my windows 10 machine with a vga connection to an acer monitor. The computer boots ok as i can hear the windows chime but i cant see anything on the monitor it just goes blank but it is not black it is blue/purple and It is responding to the computer signal. It...
  10. Cold boot issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cold boot issues: Hello, i have this issue on one PC that I've installed windows 10 and it doesn't boot properly. It goes to the windows logo part then it hangs for a bit before shutting itself down , then i need to power it on again and it will boot after a while. It also creates massive...