Windows 10: Blank Screen on Windows Security/Virus scan not working. Need Help

Discus and support Blank Screen on Windows Security/Virus scan not working. Need Help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I'll explain the problem in detail and the step by step process I followed System Details: Windows 10 No Updates Pending I felt something go... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SanjeevaniPandey, May 4, 2020.

1. Blank Screen on Windows Security/Virus scan not working. Need Help

So I'll explain the problem in detail and the step by step process I followed

System Details: Windows 10 No Updates Pending

I felt something go wrong with my system on opening a downloaded file from the internet. I went to windows security but the screen was blank. No options. So I opened the 'Virus and Threat Protection' window via search. Neither of the scans would work and if I click on 'Protection history', the window just closes. On searching ways to fix this, I tried the following methods:

1. Restarted multiple times, doesn't work. I do not have other antivirus programs so that's not the case either.

2. SFC scan shows no corrupt files

3. Clean boot - still no changes

4. Restarting Security centre doesn't work - If I right click on 'Security Centre', it won't let me restart - neither of the start, stop, restart options are available clickable to me, not even via properties.

5. In registry entries, I found MsMpEng.exe which should be deleted. Deleting it had no luck. Windows Security still not working

6. Looking for malwarethis might be the root cause of all fuss - I did this through Emsisoft EmergencyKit Scanner which found the Trojan.GenericKD in Local Disk C. Deleted it. The original file I clicked that caused all the issue - I deleted that beforehand as well even from Recycle Bin

Restarted my system. Still no luck. My Windows Security would not work and it's really bothering me. Is there something I'm missing on? I also tried opening it in Safe Mode and I don't know what else to do. Could malware be hiding somewhere else as well or is it some other error. I really don't want to reset windows as I cannot afford losing my files as I do not have an external hard disk drive to back up important files on during the coronavirus quarantine.

Do I have any other options?

:)

SanjeevaniPandey, May 4, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Blank Screen on Windows Security/Virus scan not working. Need Help [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, May 4, 2020
  3. Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, May 4, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Blank Screen on Windows Security/Virus scan not working. Need Help

Windows Security Virus Scan

Starting from services worked - I now have the following versions. However, it stopped again after a couple of minutes! I also don't have a Defender taskbar icon.

Steve C, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Blank Screen on Windows Security/Virus scan not working. Need Help

1. Blank Screen on Windows Security/Virus scan not working. Need Help - Similar Threads - Blank Screen Security

2. windows security-blank page after scan.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security-blank page after scan.: I got a message saying to scan my drive because of errors so i clicked on it. In security and maintainance it showed drive being scanned. Now windows security page is blank apart from the 'security at a glance' title....
  3. windows security-blank page after scan.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows security-blank page after scan.: I got a message saying to scan my drive because of errors so i clicked on it. In security and maintainance it showed drive being scanned. Now windows security page is blank apart from the 'security at a glance' title....
  4. windows security-blank page after scan.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Need help with blank screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with blank screen: So I noticed my screen colors were kind of off so I read somewhere to go into the Intel graphic command center and restore the colors to original. When I did this the screen went blank and thats all I get now. When I shut down the laptop and turn it back on the normal dell...
  6. Virus Scan, Windows Security and Windows Update are all not working

Virus Scan, Windows Security and Windows Update are all not working: Hi. So about a month ago, I noticed that the Windows Defender icon has disappeared from my system tray, but I didn't care back then. Just now though, I have noticed that when running a virus scan, it just gets stuck at 0 (it used to be so fast): [img] The Windows Security...
  7. Virus Scan, Windows Security and Windows Update are all not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Virus Scan, Windows Security and Windows Update are all not working: Hi. So about a month ago, I noticed that the Windows Defender icon has disappeared from my system tray, but I didn't care back then. Just now though, I have noticed that when running a virus scan, it just gets stuck at 0 (it used to be so fast): [img] The Windows Security...
  8. Windows Security blank screen HELP

Windows Security blank screen HELP: Hi! My computer started to behave very strangely. My avast just couldn't start and my windows security got interrupted. I successfully removed the malware, tried another antivirus program and laptop is doing excellent now. But, I have to go back to the windows security...
  9. Windows Security Virus Scan

Windows Security Virus Scan: This issue just started the last couple days. The actions needed notification advises that the virus protection is turned off and should be restarted. I go into Windows Security and press the restart but after doing whatever for a couple minutes, it states there was an error...
  10. Windows Security is Blank & Virus Protection is Locked

Windows Security is Blank & Virus Protection is Locked: Yep, basically all of my problems can be seen below. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-blank-virus-protection-is/88f5677c-31be-40d7-8497-e4990f960dc1"