Windows 10: Blank screen/screen won't "wake up" after Windows 10 update. March 2020

Discus and support Blank screen/screen won't "wake up" after Windows 10 update. March 2020 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After running the latest Windows 10 update on March 26, 2020, I have a blank screen that won't wake up after the update. If I turn the computer off by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by charityaes, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Blank screen/screen won't "wake up" after Windows 10 update. March 2020

After running the latest Windows 10 update on March 26, 2020, I have a blank screen that won't wake up after the update. If I turn the computer off by holding down the power button, and then click F2 while the computer is restarting,the HP logo appears on the screen with the spinning circle of dots, indicating the screen is awake and the computer is starting normally, but then the HP logo disappears in the middle of bootup and the screen goes blank appearing to turn off while the PC itself continues to start normally.

After rebooting the computer, the PC itself remains on. The green power light on the PC is on as it should be. I have also tried: Ctrl+Alt+Del, Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B. Unplugged everything non-essential and then restarted again. Ensured the screen has power. Ensured the keyboard has power. Tested two screens.

The problem appears to be something failing to "wake up" the screen and, turning off the screen when using the F2 troubleshooting method.

I've exhausted every troubleshooting method I can find but nothing fixes this problem. I have wasted so much time on this! I just want to talk to someone that can help me fix this problem.

:)

charityaes, Mar 30, 2020

2. Blank screen/screen won't "wake up" after Windows 10 update. March 2020

After running the latest Windows 10 update on March 26, 2020, I have a blank screen that won't wake up after the update. If I turn the computer off by holding down the power button, and then click F2 while the computer is restarting,
    the HP logo appears on the screen with the spinning circle of dots, indicating the screen is awake and the computer is starting normally, but then the HP logo disappears in the middle of bootup and the screen goes blank appearing to turn off while
    the PC itself continues to start normally.

After rebooting the computer, the PC itself remains on. The green power light on the PC is on as it should be. I have also tried: Ctrl+Alt+Del, Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B. Unplugged everything non-essential and then restarted again.
    Ensured the screen has power. Ensured the keyboard has power. Tested two screens.

The problem appears to be something failing to "wake up" the screen and, turning off the screen when using the F2 troubleshooting method.

I've exhausted every troubleshooting method I can find but nothing fixes this problem. I have wasted so much time on this! I just want to talk to someone that can help me fix this problem.

charityaes, May 25, 2020
  3. Blank screen/screen won't "wake up" after Windows 10 update. March 2020

mostafasadeghi, May 25, 2020
  4. Blank screen/screen won't "wake up" after Windows 10 update. March 2020

Blank screen/screen won't "wake up" after Windows 10 update. March 2020

mostafasadeghi, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Blank screen/screen won't "wake up" after Windows 10 update. March 2020

1. Blank screen/screen won't "wake up" after Windows 10 update. March 2020 - Similar Threads - Blank screen screen

2. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  3. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  4. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen stays blank after system wakes up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen stays blank after system wakes up: I bought my new Dell laptop with Windows 11 in November and all worked fine at first but recently the screen stays blank / black after the system wakes up after sleep mode or when I reopen the laptop after a period of inactivity. I can only get it to work again by pressing...
  6. Screen stays blank after system wakes up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen stays blank after system wakes up: I bought my new Dell laptop with Windows 11 in November and all worked fine at first but recently the screen stays blank / black after the system wakes up after sleep mode or when I reopen the laptop after a period of inactivity. I can only get it to work again by pressing...
  7. Please help...blank screen on laptop after march 2021 updates

Please help...blank screen on laptop after march 2021 updates: Hi Please i hope someone can help me as i'm feeling so stressed out right now.. So ill explaine what happened on the 29/03/21 My Samsung laptop came with a genuine pre installed win7 OS..i'm the Administater Then years ago i was invited to upgrage to win10.. So did...
  8. Windows 10 PC keeps waking up into a blank screen

Windows 10 PC keeps waking up into a blank screen: I have been experiencing a problem since a few days ago with my Windows PC. Before the problem showed up, this used to be normal behavior: I would leave the PC in sleep mode every night when I go to sleep, and so far, it has waken up normally every time as expected. I've...
  9. Black screen after March 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after March 2020 update: My computer was beinf sluggish, tthen i noticed there was an uodate waiting, so I did an "update & restart". After restart, it asked me to sign up fir Microsoft settings as though I was a new customer and offered a spot to put in a Windows Key, or "skip for now". This is a...
  10. After updating to Windows 10 Creators, screen won't wake

in Windows 10 Support
    After updating to Windows 10 Creators, screen won't wake: Updated to the new windows 10 creators OS and now whenever my laptop goes into sleep mode, the normal functions that used to wake it up out of sleep mode (tapping space bar or mouse pad) no longer work. The screen doesn't turn on but the power light indicates that the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 bitlocker blank screen 2020

2. screen savers no longer work after update win 10 2020