Windows 10: Blank screen when press anything on Windows Sign In screen

Discus and support Blank screen when press anything on Windows Sign In screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG]Hello.. Have anyone ever encountered something like this before? So I'm in sign in wallpaper after I turn on my laptop, but it's so weird that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnisaDaraputri, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Blank screen when press anything on Windows Sign In screen

Blank screen when press anything on Windows Sign In screen [​IMG]Hello.. Have anyone ever encountered something like this before? So I'm in sign in wallpaper after I turn on my laptop, but it's so weird that I got this as a wallpaper since it's usually show me HD scenery wallpaper. But the worse part, after I press any key, or click anything on my touchpad, it goes blank with only the cursor left. I can't do anything, not even a ctrl+alt+del because it'll return me blank screen again. What should I do? I have already force restart it but it happens again

:)

AnisaDaraputri, Aug 21, 2020

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Aug 21, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Blank screen when press anything on Windows Sign In screen

Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen

Hi Bastet and Paul Black,

Thanks for such a quick response! I had tried the steps involved in Brink's tutorial already (both manually and running the .bat file, just in case), but I've given them one more try just to see if it worked - no luck, I'm afraid! While Spotlight itself works on the Lock screen, as soon as I press a key to move to the Sign-In screen to enter my PIN, it changes back to a plain flat-colour background - and that's even with "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled under Personalization.

If I set this to 'disabled', the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen but not the Sign-In screen.
    If I set it to enabled, both Lock and Sign-In show as a plain flat-colour background.

Hi Dalchina,

Thanks for this suggestion as well - I've tried this too (both enabling and disabling the registry key). It seems to get me one step closer. If I create and set 'DisableLogonBackgroundImage' to '1' under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System, then the outcome of "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under Personalization seems to have a different effect. Regardless of whether "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen", the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen. However, it still doesn't show on the Sign-In page. That's still just a solid colour.

Do I want DisableLogonBackgroundImage to be 0 or 1? I guessed 1 as I figured that was a 'disable' key - kind of like a double negative Blank screen when press anything on Windows Sign In screen :)

And with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData\<your account's SID key>\AnyoneRead\LockScreen, there's the HideLogonBackgroundImage key - which I guess should be set to 0?

I feel like it's just got to be one darn registry key somewhere to fix this, but I've got no idea where to look!

Apologies - I know this is all very trivial but it's irritated me enough that it's getting personal now *Wink

musiclover99, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Blank screen when press anything on Windows Sign In screen

1. Blank screen when press anything on Windows Sign In screen - Similar Threads - Blank screen press

2. Black screen when pressing anything on window sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when pressing anything on window sign in screen: I'm in sign in wallpaper after I turn on my laptop, but it's so weird that I got this as a wallpaper since it's usually show me HD scenery wallpaper. But the worse part, after I press any key, or click anything on my touchpad, it goes blank with only the cursor left. I can't...
  3. Black screen when pressing anything on window sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when pressing anything on window sign in screen: I'm in sign in wallpaper after I turn on my laptop, but it's so weird that I got this as a wallpaper since it's usually show me HD scenery wallpaper. But the worse part, after I press any key, or click anything on my touchpad, it goes blank with only the cursor left. I can't...
  4. My Lock Screen has become a windows sign in screen and whenever I press anything the screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Lock Screen has become a windows sign in screen and whenever I press anything the screen...: These are the Lock Screen and what happens if I press my mouse or keyboard. If I wait a bit then it goes back to the screen on the first picture....
  5. My Lock Screen has become a windows sign in screen and whenever I press anything the screen...

My Lock Screen has become a windows sign in screen and whenever I press anything the screen...: These are the Lock Screen and what happens if I press my mouse or keyboard. If I wait a bit then it goes back to the screen on the first picture....
  6. My Lock Screen has become a windows sign in screen and whenever I press anything the screen...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. blank screen with pointer after signing in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    blank screen with pointer after signing in: i tried opening task manager to find windows explorer, i couldn’t find it. i then ran explorer.exe and the task bar and everything started flashing. i also got an error which said sihost unknown hard error. i have tried going into safe mode too. i installed my drivers last...
  8. Blank Password screen when signing in to MS Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Password screen when signing in to MS Account: When working in any Office app Excel, Word, Visio, etc.., a window will appear asking me to sign into my MS account. I assume that this request when the app attempts to auto-save to Onedrive. After I enter my email for my MS account and click NEXT that window disappears and...
  9. Blank Screen after Signing In

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Screen after Signing In: Hi I have 2 screens connected to my laptop, both screens have power and visuals prior to signing in. After I sign past the log on screen, 1 of my screens goes completely blank. It still has power but no curser visible. I have tried the plug, the connections, the...
  10. Screen blanks when I try to capture anything

Screen blanks when I try to capture anything: I use Faststone capture and have never had any problems capturing a screen (full or selected area) until now. Since the recent Windows 10 update, whenever I try to capture a screen the screen goes blank. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows sign in error white screen