Windows 10: Blank Screen when right clicking in IE/Chrome/etc...

Discus and support Blank Screen when right clicking in IE/Chrome/etc... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So as the title says.... When right clicking a link in whatever web browser I am using I get a blank screen.( For example, if I want to open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dZilla, May 11, 2017.

1. dZilla Win User

Blank Screen when right clicking in IE/Chrome/etc...

So as the title says....

When right clicking a link in whatever web browser I am using I get a blank screen.( For example, if I want to open the link in a new tab) I can see the outline of the screen and after 10-15 seconds it may show up. I don't know what has caused this issue, or how to fix it.

This also happens periodically when right clicking on the main desktop on files/folders, and does happen when trying to expand the hidden icons in the right hand side of my taskbar (where the volume control and time is...)

There was windows update (KB4016871 I believe)

I did roll back the update and it seemed to correct the issue, but it has subsequently updated again, as I didn't disable that afterwards...

I'd rather find a solution that will work with the current update. As computer savvy as I am, googling for answers, I can't seem to pinpoint the answer to this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

dZilla, May 11, 2017

2. Edge browser Back button changed?

Why is there no longer a drop-down list of previous pages on right-click as in IE, Chrome, etc

DavidinTex, May 11, 2017
  3. IE not working

Every so often IE just stops working. If I have five or six windows open, I can open another window, type a web address, press enter and the whole IE screen just goes blank. If I go to the the Task Bar and right click, it will show the IE Windows. Selecting
    any of them just takes me to any other open app randomly (Excel, email, etc)

PaulHonore, May 11, 2017
  4. pdub Win User

dzilla,

Try to download and installing the latest video driver as this problem is caused by a GeForce display driver. You can use the GeForce Experience (GeForce Experience: Your Gateway To Great PC Gaming | GeForce) application to find the latest update easily. I would also assume that you are using a laptop? You did not list your make or model number so maybe it is a Dell laptop? Please let me know if this resolves your issue *Smile

5. dZilla Win User
    Well updated the driver, and now Microsoft Edge web browser is now working, but for some reason Chrome still shows a blank screen, and when trying to show my hidden icons in the tray bar its also blank...Very frustrating....

Yes it is a laptop, I thought the little drop down under my username where it says My Computer shows that information on this forum?

dZilla, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Blank Screen when right clicking in IE/Chrome/etc... - Similar Threads - Blank Screen right

2. Chrome icon double/blank in right-click menu

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome icon double/blank in right-click menu: Hey guys! New here and searched your forums for this issue but found no results so, I decided to make a thread, hoping you could help me out. I have windows 10 pro and have installed Google Chrome browser. When I went to set Chrome as the default browser in the apps section,...
  3. Screen jumps when right-clicking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen jumps when right-clicking: Hi Does anyone know how I can fix the screen jumping when I right-click? It happens in all browsers, Excel & Outlook, but of course not all the time. See the screen recording: Screen jumping mp4 Windows 10 2004 19041.450 I've tried uninstalling & reinstall mouse...
  4. When I click on "share using mail" in an article it goes to a blank screen in Chrome, not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I click on "share using mail" in an article it goes to a blank screen in Chrome, not...: I can "share" with twitter, or facebook, but not "mail". My default email in windows is gmail. I recently uninstalled "windows live mail" because I read it was causing problems with gamil. Could this have caused my problem? submitted by /u/sschardi [link] [comments]...
  5. right click using mouse pad etc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click using mouse pad etc: how do you right click with a dell mouse pad pls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-using-mouse-pad-etc/6ba8fd73-f788-46ac-a2a8-edcc4b8eaca5
  6. Right click menu closes on web browsers IE,Chrome and Edge- Windows10 machine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Right click menu closes on web browsers IE,Chrome and Edge- Windows10 machine: We have been facing an issue with one of our internal web application, where right click menu box on the browser closes immediately on a newly build windows 10 VM. This issue is encountering when we login with the service account and exists on all browsers. Unable to...
  7. Windows Explorer : Right click cause blank screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer : Right click cause blank screen: Hi Support, Each time I right-click on Windows Explorer, it turns a blank screen. To get back the screen, I need to Ctrl-Alt-Del then go to Task Manager next to File to run new task - explorer.exe I have updated the Display driver using Devmgmt.msc but the problem still...
  8. Chrome right-click problem

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome right-click problem: Since some weeks ago i have problems using right-click on Chrome, affecting anything i do like bringing the right-click menu so i can copy text, save an image and other stuffs. I have to press right-click again again and again until it shows up. The problem reflects only with...
  9. Not Working movies online in Broswer Mozila,Chrome ,IE 11 etc.........

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not Working movies online in Broswer Mozila,Chrome ,IE 11 etc.........: Windows 10 v.1809 last update [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-working-movies-online-in-broswer-mozilachrome/52f86200-8944-40fa-97f2-8ea9585f4e03
  10. Weired Text in IE 11 Right click menu

in Browsers and Email
    Weired Text in IE 11 Right click menu: can anyone help me how to remove this weired text in my IE 11 right clikc menu ? when I click on these texts nothing happens.check those three texts in bottom above properties *Sad [img] 44776